Teenager dies electrocuted by her laptop

Gycu

I saw this interesting case on the news some days ago, I checked some sites and apparently this is what happened:

"A 17 years-old teenager from Braşov (Romania) was deadly electrocuted (last Sunday, June the 14th) in her bathroom after taking her laptop in to chat with her friends while taking a bath about going out that night. Police found burnt marks on her palms and the investigation scenario is that she entered the bathtub holding the laptop, saw it had low battery and she got out of the tub and being wet when she plugged on the laptop's power charger she was electrocuted.

The girl was in the 10th grade, she was somehow addicted to internet and it proved to be fatal for her, her parents advice us to be careful around electronic devices because incidents like this can kill us."

What's your tought on the case?

I'm really sorry for the girl, but couldn't she just took the bathroom and after that there was plenty of time to chat with her friends. Maybe she was late and she didn't know where to meet with her friends sho she tought while taking a bath to check if her friends left a message with the location. It happened to me, I did once answered my cell phone while taking a bath and I almost dropped it in the bathtub, it was exactly the same scenario, a collegue called to tell me the meeting place because I was late and in a hurry.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

Call me a cold-hearted bastard, but I honestly fail to comprehend how anybody could see any tragedy in this. If my last post wasn't much of an indicator, let me explicitly state that the dead girl was an idiot. Tragedy is someone being executed by death squads. Stupidity is someone so involved in their conversation, they're willing to risk their life so they can continue it. I want to see what this girl was typing before she died so I can laugh at her face and ask her if it was worth being banished to the corner of Hell reserved for the inbred yokels and middle-school dropouts on par with her intelligence level. Of course, I will be laughing from the corner of Hell reserved for insensitive dicks like myself.

Something I don't understand, was there a socket in the bathroom, I mean where did she wanted to plug the charger? I I doubt someone would put one in the bathroom, she plugged it in and got electrocuted and she was found in the bathroom :| There's two sockets just near the bathroom door in my house maybe it was like that in her house.

Call me a cold-hearted bastard, but I honestly fail to comprehend how anybody could see any tragedy in this. If my last post wasn't much of an indicator, let me explicitly state that the dead girl was an idiot. Tragedy is someone being executed by death squads. Stupidity is someone so involved in their conversation, they're willing to risk their life so they can continue it. I want to see what this girl was typing before she died so I can laugh at her face and ask her if it was worth being banished to the corner of Hell reserved for the inbred yokels and middle-school dropouts on par with her intelligence level. Of course, I will be laughing from the corner of Hell reserved for insensitive dicks like myself.

Sure, she was stupid but it was an accident, she probably didn't even think about the consequences. That doesn't mean she deserves to die, there's stupid people all over the planet, but not all of them are bad people, we don't even know how she was, I think it's a tragedy. I'm not sad or anything since I didn't know her but it's still an awful thing to happen.

I hate to hear about more deaths but come on. Why take your laptop into the bath? Its as stupid as sticking a fork in a toaster.

I do that. :hurrhurr:

But I'm careful not to touch the sides. I make a game out of it, like that game with the buzzer, when you touch the metal wire with the metal ring, while you try to get the metal ring to the other side of the metal wire. :awesome:

I hate to hear about more deaths but come on. Why take your laptop into the bath? Its as stupid as sticking a fork in a toaster.

But I'm careful not to touch the sides. I make a game out of it, like that game with the buzzer, when you touch the metal wire with the metal ring, while you try to get the metal ring to the other side of the metal wire. :awesome:

Its probably just safer, and a bit more fun, just to buy operation.

Its probably just safer, and a bit more fun, just to buy operation.

Ah, nothing like risking your life for a bit of fun, I suppose. ^_^

Really. I do feel sorry for the girl's parents, but honestly, is a conversation really worth taking your laptop in the bath and risking getting electrocuted?

My opinion is, no. It's ridiculously stupid.

But hey, it's just an opinion.

I saw this interesting case on the news some days ago, I checked some sites and apparently this is what happened:

"A 17 years-old teenager from Braşov (Romania) was deadly electrocuted (last Sunday, June the 14th) in her bathroom after taking her laptop in to chat with her friends while taking a bath about going out that night. Police found burnt marks on her palms and the investigation scenario is that she entered the bathtub holding the laptop, saw it had low battery and she got out of the tub and being wet when she plugged on the laptop's power charger she was electrocuted.

The girl was in the 10th grade, she was somehow addicted to internet and it proved to be fatal for her, her parents advice us to be careful around electronic devices because incidents like this can kill us."

I lolled when I read that bit. :hurrhurr:

Seriously though, I'm more concerened that there was somewhere in the bathroom to plug the charger in!

Seriously though, I'm more concerened that there was somewhere in the bathroom to plug the charger in!

Don't all bathrooms have a place to plug things in? People use hair dryers, flat irons, night lights, and the such in bathrooms all the time.

They do, and they should be "Ground Fault Intercept" meaning that if the plug or whatever is plugged into it gets in contact with water it will shut off electricity to it.