R.I.P. Michael Jackson

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both ABC & AP have been running the story for the last 2 hours, really surprised me. While I never particularly liked

some of his "alleged habits", I never wished him harm. In his defense, the last time allegations came up he dropped

everything & immediately flew back to LA to deal w/ them, not the actions of a guilty man.

Even I turn up a lot of his stuff on the radio. RIP Michael, rest well & god bless.

To be fair it's not like he was still producing good music though. Can't say I'm as shocked as I thought I might be, given his health problems as of late, though having said that, dying seems quite premature really. He was only 50, way too young to die.

Hate to bring it up, but I couldn't stand him since all the allegations of child abuse, he turned into a recluse after that really... but it was that severely fucked up, horrifyingly monstrosity he claims is a human face. It's the only thing I didn't like about the guy. Never understood why he kept making it worse and worse.

But he was a legend back in the day. So RIP Michael.

I just can't fucking believe this. There I was, reading up on the latest footy news, then I flip to BBC TWO, and there it was in the headlines. R.I.P Michael, the biggest pop star in history.

I didn't know how bad he was. I knew he was reclusive, but even still. No reports of this or anything.

I'm currently listening to his music...

fucking beautiful...

Can't believe he's gone...

First person to bring up the 'sexual abuse' will get a mass flaming.

I've been playing it for the past few hours.

Amanda Fucking Palmer is doing a show tonight, they had a moment of silence and will be doing a cover of Billie Jean in commemoration.

To be fair it's not like he was still producing good music though. Can't say I'm as shocked as I thought I might be, given his health problems as of late, though having said that, dying seems quite premature really. He was only 50, way too young to die.

Hate to bring it up, but I couldn't stand him since all the allegations of child abuse, he turned into a recluse after that really... but it was that severely fucked up, horrifyingly monstrosity he claims is a human face. It's the only thing I didn't like about the guy. Never understood why he kept making it worse and worse.

But he was a legend back in the day. So RIP Michael.

I agree with Chris, Im sorry people but I really didnt like him and I only liked the Earth song. Saying that I am shocked and I wouldn't want anyone to die that young. On the news they are saying that painkillers probably killed him.

Rest in Peace - Michael Jackson

I never really took any interest in his music and I can personally say that after the child molestation a few years ago, I wasn't really impressed by him. But, he did produce some very good music and he was one of the greatest musicians of the 20th century.

I was watching the news last night (around 23:00 BST) when I first heard about it. I think only Sky News was reporting that Michael Jackson had died but the BBC, LA Times and New York Times were reporting he had a Cardiac Arrest.

He WILL be missed.

Rest in Peace - Michael Jackson

I never really took any interest in his music and I can personally say that after the child molestation a few years ago, I wasn't really impressed by him. But, he did produce some very good music and he was one of the greatest musicians of the 20th century.

I was watching the news last night (around 23:00 BST) when I first heard about it. I think only Sky News was reporting that Michael Jackson had died but the BBC, LA Times and New York Times were reporting he had a Cardiac Arrest.

He WILL be missed.

That child molestation thing was never proved I think.

Anyway, there's an interesting article by 1UP that shows Michael Jackson's influence in gaming, here.

Michael will never be forgotten.

Awesome signer/song writer, he is the only top signer I know, and nobody will ever be like him, ever. It's really devastating but shocking news. I myself loved his songs and albums, they will never leave me head ever.

R.I.P Michael, you'll be missed deeply.

:cry: :'(

I thought it was some awful joke at first... But it's true.

Sad.. very sad.

I really feel like the world has lost something. Like, ok, he wouldn't really do anything special anymore, but really, now we're the ones who have to carry on the lagacy. All coming generation will not have witnessed his presence.

I've been to one of his concerts by the way, 12 years back. Long time ago... good times.

Got pretty at all those 'child-molester' jokes I heard today.. people should really shut the fuck up about that.

:cry: :'(

I thought it was some awful joke at first... But it's true.

Sad.. very sad.

I really feel like the world has lost something. Like, ok, he wouldn't really do anything special anymore, but really, now we're the ones who have to carry on the lagacy. All coming generation will not have witnessed his presence.

I've been to one of his concerts by the way, 12 years back. Long time ago... good times.

Got pretty at all those 'child-molester' jokes I heard today.. people should really shut the fuck up about that.

Yeah, that's been annoying the shit ot of me today. I mean, one of the worlds greatest entertainers just died and people are joking about him.