Firefox 3.5 Is out !

Alvas.

Epic.

Weird map. The countries are blue, normal colour used to denote the sea. I was confused at first :P

New features:

Firefox 3.5 is based on the Gecko 1.9.1 rendering platform, which has been under development for the past year. Firefox 3.5 offers many changes over the previous version, supporting new web technologies, improving performance and ease of use. Some of the notable features are:

* Available in more than 70 languages. (Get your local version!)

* Support for the HTML5 <video> and <audio> elements including native support for Ogg Theora encoded video and Vorbis encoded audio. (Try it here!)

* Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.

* Better web application performance using the new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine.

* The ability to share your location with websites using Location Aware Browsing. (Try it here!)

* Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.

* Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.

* Support for new web technologies such as: downloadable fonts, CSS media queries, new transformations and properties, JavaScript query selectors, HTML5 local storage and offline application storage, <canvas> text, ICC profiles, and SVG transforms.

Yeah lately I've been using Chrome since my Firefox is just completely fucked, it won't load and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing a bunch of times. But I'll try downloading this right now, I've been missing it :'(

Edit: Wow, still doesn't work. I guess I'm stuck with Chrome, which doesn't anger me too much. :)

Edited by Artur

I've been using the betas/RCs for quite a while. It is a very nice browser.

The reason that Firefox is better than Chrome, Safari, and Opera is extensions. Sure, Chrome is a fine browser and all, but that means nothing without great extensions like Adblock/Noscript, DownThemAll, and countless other addons.

Opera is a lot..lot faster than firefox the only thing thats making it lag behind is compatibiliity with websites which I think will be fixed after it gets a bit more popular. A program like adblock is not needed in Opera since it has an inbuilt content blocker. It has a inbuilt download manager which can resume download which are broken,etc.

So I think it is good enough to compete with firefox.

The reason that Firefox is better than Chrome, Safari, and Opera is extensions. Sure, Chrome is a fine browser and all, but that means nothing without great extensions like Adblock/Noscript, DownThemAll, and countless other addons.

Get Kaspersky, it's a better solution for that.for DTA, download and install IDMand you're set.

The only reason i have FF is for poker on facebook, nothing else.

Edited by Sтεαм.

Get Kaspersky, it's a better solution for that.

But why waste resources installing and running a whole new program when you can do it in a simple addon?

for DTA, download and install IDMand you're set.

But why waste resources installing and running a whole new program when you can do it in a simple addon?

I'm sorry but your counter-arguments are absolutely ridiculous Steam.

Opera is a lot..lot faster than firefox the only thing thats making it lag behind is compatibiliity with websites which I think will be fixed after it gets a bit more popular. A program like adblock is not needed in Opera since it has an inbuilt content blocker. It has a inbuilt download manager which can resume download which are broken,etc.

So I think it is good enough to compete with firefox.

Firefox has BOTH of those already. However, DownThemAll((which is what I assume you were competing an "inbuilt download manager" too isn't a download manager. And Firefox's download manager is great at resuming downloads.

More addons= slower Firefox

More programs = Slower computer.

I don't think he's that retarded , SV :P

You're saying he's sort of retarded.

On topic: Yes, this browser is awesome. I now watched some good pronz, dl'ded some Warez and shit without anybody knowing. Well, this browser made my day. :P

Why does everyone assume that? If you have an IQ of 130, you are not THAT retarded. Statement still holds, but it doesn't mean the person is retarded.

What me and SV were trying to tell you, is that with Kaspersky you don't need that, the same Web Anti Virus built in it blocks every ad on sight.

And what I'm trying to say is that not everyone uses Kaspersky. Loads of Anti-Virus programs have those sort of features anyway, in fact I think AVG has it, I'm not sure because I don't use it as some ads I want/need to see. So I just use AdBlock to selectively block only the annoying and/or irrelevant ads.

But either way using Kaspersky is not a feature of any browser so you're in effect using external programs to defend your browser choice which is what I was saying is ridiculous. Just compare browsers on their features and extensibility, not by what other programs can do by intercepting page loads.