Any filmmakers out there?

Chris

Not sure if there are any people here into filmmaking, but I figured I'd give this website a plug here seeing as I'm the lead developer on it!

For almost a year I've been working as the lead developer on a new social networking website tailored for film makers of all ages and skill levels. We finally got round to launching it recently and the website is now fully functioning with more exciting features coming soon. Take a look below at some of the current main features.

ShoutFILM is a social networking site tailored specifically for filmmakers of all ages and skill levels allowing users to share their work and communicate with each other with ease.

ShoutFILM's features include:

• Free, quick and easy sign up
  • Cinema - View, rate and write reviews for independent films. Users can also upload their own trailers, show reels or full films to the cinema
  • Studio - Track the progress of independent films currently in production as well as posting their own projects. Users can also give and receive feedback through all the stages of production.
  • Scripts - Ability to request a script direct from scriptwriters.
  • Forums - Discuss every aspect of filmmaking and films.
  • Events - Showing dates and links for national and international industry award ceremonies, film festivals and screenings.

ShoutFILM is completely free, sign up is required to access all the site has to offer. The sign up form can be found on the home page at www.shoutfilm.com or at www.shoutfilm.com/sign-up/

Hopefully some people here have some filmmaking experience, if so, hope to see you over there at ShoutFILM.com ! :)

I suppose my brother is a film maker, we both made a DVD together www.evolchild.com We occasionally get orders from the web not as much as we used to, he made most of the sales at conventions.

Not that you can't see this on YouTube the DVD was just our way of allowing people to see all 20+ episodes in a better format than You Tube can deliver. He sent the footage to a company in San Fransisco that did a production run of 100 DVDs for us. He made over cost and we have been giving them away as gifts too.

Evol Child is a digitally animated show based in the near future 2020 (I think) and we play ourselves. The first episodes are not well made, but we nailed a few. The plot is two brothers move to Mars to escape global warming. You can see all 20+ episodes on You Tube. Vincent plans to add more shows in the future.

JAB

wow Chris, the website is amazing, I love it, its like perfect for us.

I will upload my work as soon as I get it all nice and stuff, and also will let me colleagues know about it, I'm sure they'll love it too.

And its nice to see more ppl from thegtaplace are interested in this :)

Weird, I was trollin' your ChrisPhillips.jp thingy like a week ago and checked out the site. Currently saving up for a Canon XH-A1, I'll have to make an account there once I get the video camera.

Cool, IIRC that camera is supposed to be pretty damn awesome, and very expensive, you're gonna be saving for a long long time! Hope to see you over there once you get it though ;)

Interesting site, I have cinematography in my course this year so it'll probably be of some help joining.

Cool, so what are you actually studying at college/uni? Something to do with media I guess?

wow Chris, the website is amazing, I love it, its like perfect for us.

I will upload my work as soon as I get it all nice and stuff, and also will let me colleagues know about it, I'm sure they'll love it too.

And its nice to see more ppl from thegtaplace are interested in this :)

Awesome. Yeah I had a feeling you were going to be the only one but looks like we have a few more people so that's good :)

Well I'm doing 3D animation, So there's a ton of stuff related to cinematography (to understand the camera angles and stuff). Also we'll be using Afte rEffects, Premier pro and a few other post production software but that will probably be towards the end of the year.

Those are some good quality films on there, Watched some trailers earlier.

Weird, I was trollin' your ChrisPhillips.jp thingy like a week ago and checked out the site. Currently saving up for a Canon XH-A1, I'll have to make an account there once I get the video camera.

Cool, IIRC that camera is supposed to be pretty damn awesome, and very expensive, you're gonna be saving for a long long time! Hope to see you over there once you get it though ;)

Yeahh, I've been wanting to film skating and just everything for a while so I've been playing around with my friends Canon GL2 plus his MK2 for a while and really want a video camera. I know the XH-A1 is going to be interesting since it'll be my starter camera but I've got a few people that can really help me and give tips. Plus, I'd rather save another thousand or two rather than buy a whatever one and then have to start saving up again. I've already got about two thousand saved so I could probably get a used one, but I want to get a brand new one for some reason so yeah(plus a lens or two)it'll take a bit of saving up..

Looks like you have some good filmer's on the site though. Watched some trailer called Atrrition or something, really good composition. I wish I had a dolly haha.

Edited by Nate10

How can you troll that website? You can't talk to people through it.... Do you mean lurking?

I think I'll check it out.

How can you troll that website? You can't talk to people through it.... Do you mean lurking?

I think I'll check it out.

Ahh, my bad. When I first started going to this forum, my mom always would always tease me saying I was trollin' the forum. Guess it stuck. But yeah, lurkin' would be a much better way of describing what I was doing.

Edited by Nate10

Yeah like JAB said, I twisted his arm to do VO's for my series but the DVD's are sold out right now and I don't want to do another production run. The few I have left are being kept, but I imagine in years to come you might could find a bootleg copy of my work somewhere. My inspiration is Ed Wood.