• 4/10
    • 5/10
    • 6/10
    • 7/10
    • 8/10
    • 9/10
    • 10/10

I personally give it a 3/10.

I Love the 32-bit compatibility of the x64 version, and the classic theme.

I HATE it because it's corrupted itself on me twice within a week (Stopped Internet and ODD recognition), it uses lots of memory, crashes frequently, tells me 'OS not found' every other time I try to boot, and it just has so many other problems.

Long story short, it pretty much sucks, and if you're getting a 32-bit OS, get XP SP2, and if you want 64-bit, wait for Windows 7.

Edited by Raybob

7/10 - Vista x64 Ultimate - Has run flawlessly and never once have I had any sort of a problem using it. There's just some things it doesn't do very well, hence the loss of 3 points. Windows 7 improves performance, look etc. so I'll be upgrading to the final version immediately.

I'm not happy with Vista and as I just said it runs flawlessly for me. I couldn't even begin to imagine using a problematic machine.

@Raybob: You love the classic theme? WTF, that sucks ass, it's just grey. Unless you're colour blind I cannot see how anyone can find that appealing, especially if you use the computer for long periods of time everyday, like me. It's awful. Dullest computer OS theme ever.

SP2 fucked up some things to me too. Overall: 9/10.

That's much of the reason I turned Auto Updates completely off. Also because my internet stopping and my ODDs not working seemed to occur after the updates. (Not driver update problems, because reinstalling the original drivers didn't fix it.)

7/10 - Vista x64 Ultimate - Has run flawlessly and never once have I had any sort of a problem using it. There's just some things it doesn't do very well, hence the loss of 3 points. Windows 7 improves performance, look etc. so I'll be upgrading to the final version immediately.

I'm not happy with Vista and as I just said it runs flawlessly for me. I couldn't even begin to imagine using a problematic machine.

@Raybob: You love the classic theme? WTF, that sucks ass, it's just grey. Unless you're colour blind I cannot see how anyone can find that appealing, especially if you use the computer for long periods of time everyday, like me. It's awful. Dullest computer OS theme ever.

The beautiful classic theme:

NewBitmapImage-10.jpg

Oh yeah, and you'll love it when I say that I strongly considered keeping the entire plain blue background. :D And I like it because it's simple. Although for mostly everything else I enjoy complication..... ^_^

EDIT: On my wonderful new PC, with everything on the absolute MAX in FSX (Had to go into custom settings to acheive this) I get a steady 15-18 FPS. Not too great, but it looks AMAZING. And for those that said FSX needed the i7, my CPU rarely gets above 50% during FSX.

Edited by Raybob

@Ray: According to Microsoft, service packs only appear in Windows Update 1/2 months after the release and its size will be tinier as most of the updates are including separately.

@On-topic: LOL, actually I also like somewhat the classic theme. Remembers me of the first time I upgraded from 3.1 to Windows 95 and from 98 to XP... (All using the upgrade function, never lost any data).

@Ray: According to Microsoft, service packs only appear in Windows Update 1/2 months after the release and its size will be tinier as most of the updates are including separately.

@On-topic: LOL, actually I also like somewhat the classic theme. Remembers me of the first time I upgraded from 3.1 to Windows 95 and from 98 to XP... (All using the upgrade function, never lost any data).

I was only surprised because I had seen it when I first got the PC, then installed it. But when I reinstalled the OS as SP1, it didn't reappear. And Computer>Properties tells me I'm still using SP1.

On my wonderful new PC, with everything on the absolute MAX in FSX (Had to go into custom settings to acheive this) I get a steady 15-18 FPS. Not too great, but it looks AMAZING. And for those that said FSX needed the i7, my CPU rarely gets above 50% during FSX.

FSX only churns out 15-18FPS on a GTX? Lulz, I guess I need a NASA server for that to run on straight 60. As for my Vista experience, it does perform rather anemic on low-end systems (to think that some OEMs bundle Vista on a Celeron rig), but give it lots of horsepower like what Chris said, and it'll run rather decently.

I was only surprised because I had seen it when I first got the PC, then installed it. But when I reinstalled the OS as SP1, it didn't reappear. And Computer>Properties tells me I'm still using SP1.

Alternatively you could do this.

Alternatively you could do this.

Not interested.

Awesome. 9/10.

I have Vista Ultimate x86 SP2 and I haven't had a single issue with it or any applications or games ever since I installed it back in November 2008. There's no reason for me to go back to XP or even try Windows 7, ATM.

Love Vista even more.

So for the first time ever, I had fucked my PC.

I was messing around a lot, but didn't realize I really was fucking it. Turned off the system by simply cuting the power. Something must have gone wrong...

Point is, it started up. Took a long time.. Went is some weird half safe-mode. Well, it booted into a temp account and notified me of the fact that something had gone wrong (I had about my first ever BSOD with this system. Don't think it was OC related) and assured me that all will probably be fine after a restart.

I restart, it takes some time and then everything is back to normal, HURRAY! Now it's running like a breeze again.

Now one could argue that Vista should have prevented it from going wrong it the first place and yes, I guess you'd be right. But every single time I've fucked my PC up, Vista automatically fixes it for me. It amazes me. I didn't see XP help me that much when I had a problem. In fact, XP wouldn't do a single thing. Vista actually gives some information and will, at least in my cases, simply fix it for me.

Vista works like a new born baby, every time I turn my PC on. Nothing has happened to my PC or anything. The design I believe is professional enough, but from what I heard people are saying Windows 7 is better, from what I saw, it doesn't look that good (This is just my opinion). Unless I try it out for myself, my opinion might change eventually.

I'd give it a 8.5/10, it was completely hard to get use to, especially the start menu, but everything else seems okay from what I've gone through.

I didn't fiddle with it for long. Didn't even install all the drivers and stuff. But my first impression just wasn't all that great... Might be because I simply was expecting more after it was praised to the sky.

Only thing I did really like was how fast all programs would start up. It's really instant. Click, bam, it's there. But I just can't get over the new taskbar...

I'll upgrade later on.. at SP1 I think. Or when I'm doing a major upgrade, as Vista is going to bitch about the sudden hardware changes and will want me to either call Microsoft or buy a new license.