GTAForums is possibly GONE FOREVER...

macorules94

We're just comparing how good this place is and GTAF.

Even if GTAF is active with quick replies, there will always be a lot of problems too like even more spamming (not really that good)

And we need more smileys Chris!!! That way, I can make sure this place is more better :gappy:

^ :offtopic::P

I don't really care if it's gone, whether it be temporarily or permanently. I doubt that when they come back they will the biggest GTA site anymore.

Everyone here complains about GTAF but the truth is most of you are here cause you were banned there :whistle: And yeah the server on GTAF has failed like a hundred times, theres no reason to believe that its dead.

I wasn't banned, I was just bored of it and sick of the amount of spam on there so I never went on again. This was in Mid-2007 too, I doubt it would have changed much.

I don't really care if it's gone, whether it be temporarily or permanently. I doubt that when they come back they will the biggest GTA site anymore.

LOL that's retarded. They have over a quarter of a million members with several million posts, you think they ALL will have left? What about all the other downtimes they've had in the past?

GTAF is back

no v2

How the hell would they have even managed to put v2 up of their forums when it's been down for 4 days? Don't you people ever think before you say something? By the sounds of it they haven't even finished it yet.

@Steam: You can swear on GTAF they just have word censors turned on for fuck and cunt. If they did ban people for swearing then they wouldn't use censoring options.

Never been on there and have no plans to. It sounds like it has too many members which would be annoying as topics wouldnt last long, Im sure they have spam problems and crappy topics. It also sounds too strict. Maybe I should look to see if Im wrong but from what I have heard it doesn't sound very appealing.

Never been on there and have no plans to. It sounds like it has too many members which would be annoying as topics wouldnt last long, Im sure they have spam problems and crappy topics. It also sounds too strict. Maybe I should look to see if Im wrong but from what I have heard it doesn't sound very appealing.

Whatever you've heard, I'm pretty sure you've heard it from banned members who were banned because they broke the rules but they don't want to acknowledge that fact.

Like every other huge forum, GTAF does have its share of spam and crappy topics. And that is exactly why the rules are a little stricter. That wasn't the case a few years back. As the member base has expanded, there are more number of pre-pubescent kids running around and if it weren't for the rules, the place would have looked like a garbage dump.

I suggest you check it out yourself rather than believing some flying news you've heard on the internetz. As long as you stay within the rules, you'll be fine. And this is not just GTAF, but it's how the internet works, right?