GTAForums is possibly GONE FOREVER...

macorules94

They will return probably. Maybe with something new? I wouldn't know really, I don't even care about GTAForums. Since you've been banned there for some time (macorules94) you should be happy they're gone.

They gave me a second chance. lol

If GTAForums will end, which gta site will be the next biggest forum? (I hope it will be TGTAP :awesome: )

It'll be GTAGaming

So many new people there in the last day

Do you guys really believe it's gone forever though, absolutely no evidence for that.

LOL @ the fact they have a Wikipedia page though, pointless as hell but whatever. I think probably some GTANet hater has changed it all to past tense, it doesn't mean anything. According to their twitter they suffered hard drive failure. Now assuming they're not stupid enough to store backups on the exact same hard drive, they can presumably (once getting a new one up and running) simply restore the latest backup. You would think they have some offsite ones recently anyway wouldn't you. If they don't then that's terribly retarded not to for a site that big :/

So yeah I'm pretty sure they'll be back up and running in the next few days.

EDIT: Just seen the thread on GTAG. Actually kinda funny they all went there to complain and troll and whatever. :P

LOL it's been down a lot longer than just "yesterday", more like the whole week.

Do you guys really believe it's gone forever though, absolutely no evidence for that.

LOL @ the fact they have a Wikipedia page though, pointless as hell but whatever. I think probably some GTANet hater has changed it all to past tense, it doesn't mean anything. According to their twitter they suffered hard drive failure. Now assuming they're not stupid enough to store backups on the exact same hard drive, they can presumably (once getting a new one up and running) simply restore the latest backup. You would think they have some offsite ones recently anyway wouldn't you. If they don't then that's terribly retarded not to for a site that big :/

So yeah I'm pretty sure they'll be back up and running in the next few days.

I edited the was to is for clarification purposes, per your post. And yeah, Wikipedia can be a bit annoying since vandals and noobs keep on fooling around.

DAMN!! I was just here to ask if anyone knew why I couldn't get on there. I am sure they must have made backups, my Dad can't fart without making a backup.

If it is gone off the net for good... we will just have to rebuild. There are a lot of uber modders on that forum and they (Zaz PatrickW etc..) have data stored. The info won't go away even if the dot com is gone.

JAB B)

V2? of what their forums? There's been a topic on that for like, well I dunno but at least a year. They're worse than us for the length of time in development :P

It has been in the works since 2006, actually. :P

From what I know, the new forums are being coded from scratch and hence, the extensively large development time. The admins do it in whatever little free time they get. But I have no idea when it'll be finished.

I don't get it, aren't there like a billion or more GTA forums to join? What is so special about the "GTAforum.com" is it the name? I like it here I can make all these cool smileys: :lamo::spam::gappy:

Ok I did a Google on GTA forum and got 17.5 million hits so what if some aren't in English. Look at me I barely speak English.

Well my brother is just ticked he can't get on there today. But I don't even have an account with them.

:thumbsup: THE GTA PLACE FOREVER! :coolthumbup:

I'll just stick to heavily modifying IPB :)

That works fine too. There are a lot many things that one can do with/to IPB. That's what GTAF had being doing...until the Admin CP broke.

Coding it from scratch just gives you that extended level of control and customizability, that's all.