Problem with San Andreas +151 Trainer

When I download the .rar file and extract it to my GTA folder, everything but the executable appears. An error pops up with the following message:

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Temp\Local\Rar$Dr99.818\GTA-SA Crazy Trainer. Verify the item's location and try again.

When I check the .rar, I can clearly see the .exe in there. I've been redownloading from different websites, but I keep getting the same error message with the exception of the name of the Rar$ folder. (I know why it changes.)

I got the trainer to run a long time ago, but then it disappeared for some reason.

Can you guys help me?

EDIT: Also, if you guys are wondering, I'm running Vista 32-bit

Edited by RapidStrike

When I download the .rar file and extract it to my GTA folder, everything but the executable appears. An error pops up with the following message:

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Temp\Local\Rar$Dr99.818\GTA-SA Crazy Trainer. Verify the item's location and try again.

When I check the .rar, I can clearly see the .exe in there. I've been redownloading from different websites, but I keep getting the same error message with the exception of the name of the Rar$ folder. (I know why it changes.)

I got the trainer to run a long time ago, but then it disappeared for some reason.

Can you guys help me?

OUCH! Vista plays nasty tricks on you and makes shadow copies of files. I don't have or use Vista but my Dad is a tech and ends up going on and on about it. He showed me that anything you try to delete from Program Files is not and it makes backups and clones. Try installing directly to your desktop sometimes this works.

Try installing directly to your desktop sometimes this works.

If you're referring to the game, I've had it installed it to the desktop.

If you're referring to the trainer, I tried extracting it everywhere including the desktop. Didn't work.

Yes to both. I never used Crazy Trainer myself, I will download it later on my brother's PC and have a look. In the meanwhile...

My brother uses the "Ultimate Trainer" by ThaKilla (located in the downloads on this site) he says the only problem with it is an ocx is wrongly ID as a virus. KewlButtonz.ocx is a key logger to read custom hotkeys you use in the game only. Malewarebytes software says it is 100% safe but others will tell you it is virus or key logger. I have used it and it does everything.

• 1 month later...

Could not find this item

Can you guys help me?

i can't, but can you help me(about the same trainer)? when i extract it my AVG shows its a virus. do you know how did that happen?

• 3 weeks later...

Could not find this item

Can you guys help me?

i can't, but can you help me(about the same trainer)? when i extract it my AVG shows its a virus. do you know how did that happen?

the short version is that anti-virus companys are paid to show stuff like that up as virus'(Norton is worst IMO) to stop people from downloading stuff that mess with game files so 9/10 times when anti-virus software say it is a virus it actually isn't :)