Next war?

TG187

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle6715412.ece

I was browsing the site when I read this news. I really don't know what to say. Do we really need this, I mean, doesn't the World have enough problems? Hope nothing going to happen any sooner.

( I felt that this subject is a bit delicate and I really wanted to see what opinions have you all about this )

For as long as there is religion there will be war. - (yes I know there's usually other contributing factors but there are always religious undertones in the Middle East at least).

No we don't need this. Looks at the moment to be a show of power and follow up to threats as mentioned in the article. If war breaks out then I just hope the UK isn't dragged into it. We're losing too many men in Afghanistan right now, we don't need more bloodshed anywhere else.

Even though, if this war will break out, it can be a possibility to be a nuclear war. Israel to launch a nuke over Iran and so on. If they would do ( Israel got a 1 megaton bomb - big, read on a news article ), the wave shock will affect a lot of countries, including mine. Hope not...

Why can't more countries be like the Swiss, they have been nuetral since the 1800s and they have done well. War is just a waste of money and lives over goverments power trips.

Not always, I have read somewhere that WWII supposedly made countries get out of the 1930s depression.

Even though, if this war will break out, it can be a possibility to be a nuclear war. Israel to launch a nuke over Iran and so on. If they would do ( Israel got a 1 megaton bomb - big, read on a news article ), the wave shock will affect a lot of countries, including mine. Hope not...

As Chris said earlier, if theirs religion there will be war but I think greed comes into it quite a lot. If Isreal do attack Iran, then Iran will not hold back they will throw everything at Isreal, I remember the Iranian president saying he wan'ts all Jews to be wiped out.

But I wouldn't worry, there has been tensions between Iran and Isreal for some time now but nothing majore serious has happened.

Yes, I read too for some time about these tensions between these 2 countries, but now it is getting serious. Possible, under the Nuclear Threat pretext, it could be a religious war, as you all said. Who knows....

But something is true, this wont have a happy ending, or a soon ending.

Well then there's nothing we could do about it. It's their war not ours.

(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

One might think so but that's where politics comes in and it depends if your country thinks that the outcome of the war will affect it.

So in your case, the USA...

If the USA felt that the war would be detrimental to their country, they could threaten Israel (or whomever their ally is in a given war) with something that would hurt them, in order to discourage the war. For example, stopping all trade with their country, so they lose money etc. is one example.

Things then start to get complicated if the war still ensues and shit happens to either country, they get dragged into it either to help out or to prevent it.

Obviously I'm not the best person to explain all this but maybe someone who understands politics more than I can chip in and back me up (or otherwise if I'm wrong).

USA are very good friends with Israel, from what I know, I don't think they will cancel treaties with them, but they are enemies ( even though Obama tries to be friendly with Ahmadinejad - or what's his name - ) with Iran because of Iran possible Nuclear threats and so. But heck, lets be sure that if it starts, there wont be involved only them 2, NATO will get in too and try to bring peace.

It is like a game, only at a bigger scale. Like an expression from my country: "When two are fighting, the third wins." Fascinating isn't it?.... >.<

Don't think I am that right either, I know some things about politics but not that much....heh

Edited by TG187

I hate war although it is fascinating when you view it from a historical view such as World War I, Falkland's War etc. It's caused by the people that want war and that, most of the time, is not what the country wants but what the politicians want and fear. Most wars are based upon religion, for example, the Iraqi war. People are killed because the leader of a country wants to fight but these innocent soldiers don't want to fight or unwillingly forced to fight.

I think the United States and North Korea have an even worse relationship. I sure hope that if North Korea do go to war with the United States, China and Russia that they do not bring any other nations in. It has always been the US's allies that have been dragged into war - the UK, Germany etc. - that they should not have really been involved in but only to make the US or whatever country is fighting look bigger.

A war between North Korea and the United States is quite likely in the future but it will be a bad war. The only countries that have threatened NK so far officially have been the United States, China and Russia. This is 'war' is likely to be the world's next major war.

North Korea and USA could escalate into a biggy. But hopefully Obama will have more integrity than Bush.

I think if the NK and USA hatred gets worse, and a war comes along, I think a lot of countries cold be dragged into it, for example, Britain could get dragged in it by USA, and North Korea could maybe call on their communist counter-parts China, and maybe even the USSR, and we all know that Putin is a mean bastard.

However back on subject with Israel and Iran. I do not think Israel will want to drag themselves into another war just after the Lebanon situation has calmed down.

On the other hand, I feel that something is going to need to stop Iran soon, or maybe they could get out of hand.

I don't know much about politics at all, apart from the British Government are a bunch of hypocrites.

That's what I hate about all these wars, some countries that have nothing to do with the situation are bragged into. My country send soldiers in the war in Iraq, without gaining something, only deaths. The Iraqi war was mostly for the oil, not for religion or nuclear threat, as I read. But yeah, as you say, Thomas, NKorea and USA are in a bad relationship. I don't think things are going to be brighten too soon there.

We can take the example of the war between Georgia and Russia, in August 2008, but that was more a local war. Don't you think that all these war threats and so predicts a bigger war that will happen in future/near future? -_-

We can take the example of the war between Georgia and Russia, in August 2008, but that was more a local war. Don't you think that all these war threats and so predicts a bigger war that will happen in future/near future? -_-

I don't think it would be as big as a NK and US one but the Ossetian war has quietened down quite a bit since last April/May. But smaller wars happened before both of the World Wars and we are probably heading towards World War III or something similar within the next 100 years.

But if another major war happens then I would be concerned for the smaller nations that will be unintentionally brought in by their bigger allies such as the allies of the United States or Russia. The allies are almost always bullied into being in a war that they should not be in and it tends to be European and Australasian nations that are 'bullied'.

Yes, well little nations, like mine, or any other, can't stand up and shout: "We don't want to help you in war. We have nothing to do with this", because after this, they will get knocked out of the alliance and all major nations will turn back at them. Lonely they will be then, haha. :hurrhurr:

I think war is inevitable if theres resources that people want. For me the Iraq war was totally based on resources but I won't go into that.

N. Korea and Iran are becoming threats to the USA but lets be honest here, if the USA and Russia and Britain etc have nuclear weapons why can't N.Korea and Iran. I know people will think well Iran and N.Korea can't be trusted but who is to say that Russia or Britain or the USA can be trusted with these weapons.

The Isreal - Iran fiasco will continue to go on as neither like each other and both have support, Isreal from the West and Iran from Palestine. etc