Help please

Can somebody tell me where it says that the car can be modded? like transfender or wheels arch angels...because ive got a car that can be modded on trans fender but it doesen't shows me all the things..like the front bumpers etc. and i want to keep the same handling but not the place where the car can be tuned. so what should i change on the car-handlig..or carmods..or everything else to get what i want? please help me

For Christs sake. It's called google.com, shit here is your answer.

penis

uhmmm..thats not what i'm looking for...i know that elegy can be modden only at wheels arch angels ...but with the handling that i have ..the elegy now can be modded at transfender ...and there i cant see the bumpers and all the shit.. i need to know how to make the car to able to tune it at wheerl arch angels without changing the handling...now you understand penis?

Hey faggot_soilder, what platform are you using? oops typo.

WTF do you think i'm using? can i put mods in the game if i'm playin it on PS2?...its PC damn it...and if you think that u can insult me like that..without a reson..well i can do it too fucked ass..."oops typo"

Actually, yes you can install mods on the PS2.

yeah..ure right :whistle:

To set a car up to be tuneable at WAA, you'll have to make sure of changes in a few files...

1) In 'handling.cfg', the seventh digit of column AG (hflags) must be set to a 4. If you're unsure how to do this view other WAA cars in the list.

2) In 'vehicles.ide', the number in the last column must be set to a 1.

3) If the readme.txt of the car you changed the Elegy with told you to change the file 'veh-mods.ide' then you probably won't have to edit it. But if it didn't or if the data was wrong then you're in for a bit more work. Without the right settings here, you won't see the options you want. First thing to do is to load up GGMM (GtaGarage Mod Manager). Find the Elegy in the list and display it. Right-click on the car and pick 'View model details'. Choose the Hierarchy tab from the window that's opened up. Now look in the list for parts with the label starting with 'ug_' and make a note of each with this label. These are the dummy objects needed for tuning that part of the vehicle. For example, 'ug_nitro' lets you add nitro and have it show up on the vehicle. Once you've gone through the list, check them against what's in the 'veh-mods.ide' file. The names there are slightly cryptic but you should be able to figure them out. If things don't match up with what you've found from the hierarchy list, use the default Elegy listing to restore the data. Hopefully, you DID make a backup beforehand... Keep in mind too that you shouldn't add options that aren't present in the model file. If you do add bumpers for example and the model doesn't have the tuning dummy for it, you'll crash the game when you choose that option in the shop.

Once you've gone through all that, your car should be good to go!

To set a car up to be tuneable at WAA, you'll have to make sure of changes in a few files...

1) In 'handling.cfg', the seventh digit of column AG (hflags) must be set to a 4. If you're unsure how to do this view other WAA cars in the list.

2) In 'vehicles.ide', the number in the last column must be set to a 1.

3) If the readme.txt of the car you changed the Elegy with told you to change the file 'veh-mods.ide' then you probably won't have to edit it. But if it didn't or if the data was wrong then you're in for a bit more work. Without the right settings here, you won't see the options you want. First thing to do is to load up GGMM (GtaGarage Mod Manager). Find the Elegy in the list and display it. Right-click on the car and pick 'View model details'. Choose the Hierarchy tab from the window that's opened up. Now look in the list for parts with the label starting with 'ug_' and make a note of each with this label. These are the dummy objects needed for tuning that part of the vehicle. For example, 'ug_nitro' lets you add nitro and have it show up on the vehicle. Once you've gone through the list, check them against what's in the 'veh-mods.ide' file. The names there are slightly cryptic but you should be able to figure them out. If things don't match up with what you've found from the hierarchy list, use the default Elegy listing to restore the data. Hopefully, you DID make a backup beforehand... Keep in mind too that you shouldn't add options that aren't present in the model file. If you do add bumpers for example and the model doesn't have the tuning dummy for it, you'll crash the game when you choose that option in the shop.

Once you've gone through all that, your car should be good to go!

thx alot :coolthumbup:

i'm ..let say "new" in editing gta san andreas ...and the problem its that i don't know how to make wheels biger ...for example: i got a nissan silvia s15 tuneable . the stock wheels are normal..no problem..but when i want to put custom rims, thei're lot smaller that the stock..and i know (well i'm not pretty sure) that i need to change something in handling.cfg right? but please can someone tell me what? thank you :)

P.S. can i have a link of tutorial how to instal audio sounds in san andreas?(like new sound engines) ..because ive watched youtube and theres nothing i can understand <_< thanks again :)

That darn Husky, tisk tisk.

You're close MS but you want the last 2 entries in the VEHICLES.IDE line for your car, they set the size of the wheels.

San Andreas isn't set up to keep track of each individual car's wheel size so when you change the size for your car every

one that shows up will have the same size wheels.

As for parts not showing up, You'll run into a few cars that are just slapped together & thrown up on the web. They may

or may not have decent readme files & most won't support tuning parts. Best advice there is change them one at a time

& test them.

Good luck.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I just started the game, and I entered San Fiero, but the gang wars are over, everywhere Ballas-men near C.J.'s home.

Question: if I play more, will come this wars somehow back, or over 4ever? I miss that, but I don't want to restart...

2nd q (stupid one :whistle: ): how can I drag a trailer with a track? I tried to park there, but it does'nt join it... :nope: with the others have no problem yet.

Thanks!

Hey there... would've been better for you to start a new topic, but since we're here..

Good news! The gang wars come back later in the game, when you start to get near to the end. After you complete all the story missions, you can also take over ALL of the territory in los santos. :)

If you want to pull a trailer, you'll have to back the truck realllly slowly, and nearly exactly inline with it. The trailer will start to move back aswell when you've connected.

I believe he meant that some cars you take to the garages give you a bunch of options...

The Trans Fender I do not recall it giving you the option of different bumbers...

Arch Angel Wheels does..

And the Low Rider garage aslo does..

You have to go into the "CARMODS.DAT" file and pick a car from Arch Angel or Low Rider and copy the line for the MODS that are allowed..

Example is with most cars in Trans Fender you can only get NOS, WHEELS, PAINT, HOOD SCOOPS, ROOF SCOOP, AND SIDE FLARES... if there is a car that you want to take to trans fender but you do not get all these options find one that does write down the name of the vehicle, then look for it in the CARMODS.DAT folder.. Then take the line from it and copy then and paste them (replacing the existing lines) and then that car will have those options when you take into trans fender... I guess you could take a Buffalo, and apply all the options you only get with Arch Wheels but you can only take the car to Arch Wheels to get the vehicle pimped out..

YOU ONLY WANT THE MOD LINES, DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE CARS NAME...

However I do not know how many cars you can do this too, the cars set up in the CARMOD file, probably have 3-4 .TXD files in the GTA3.IMG, for the different paint jobs.. Other then the paint jobs you could give it a try.. I never played with the CARMOD file unless I need to switch something out after installing a CAR MOD.. Like the Camaro, car mod, ect....

And I know there are mod makers that have played with and done what you wanted to do, I have not heard about this being completely successful..

If you backup the CARMOD file first, then play with other cars adding things to them then playing the game to see if it crashes it would be worth a shot I guess.

I would also look for any reference files via google, I have come across web sites that show what the init's of the mods and what the names listed at the top of the CARMODS.DAT file stand for, and what mod you will get..

If you look at the cars listed in the file, and the mods that they are allowed to have.. You will catch on to how the mods are named and what those mods are for...

Edited by SmokinRE4