Help with editing parked cars please!

Dave716

I have built some new islands and several other places and i would like to know how to put some cars there. i am a beginner in the whole modding thing but i have searched google and have only found results for gta3 not san andreas! any help would be appreciated! :blush:

I have built some new islands and several other places and i would like to know how to put some cars there. i am a beginner in the whole modding thing but i have searched google and have only found results for gta3 not san andreas! any help would be appreciated! :blush:

In addition to what Urban Outlaw suggested, you could also add vehicle spawns to the IPL files. This might only work with the binary IPL type though. It's the same method Rockstar uses in the game to generate random spawn-points. It has the advantage that you don't have to do any script file modding.

For more details on it, check out the GtaModding forum on Wikipedia... Be warned though that it's not for beginners! You need to know how to edit binary files, use a hex editor and what to plug in.

It only takes about 3 lines to make a park car generator. Decompile your Main.SCM with Sanny Builder and look around line number 24014;

09E2: $2765 = parked_car_generator_w_numberplate #GREENWOO 59 34 0 alarm 0 door_lock 0 0 10000 plate "GROVE4L_" at $138 $139 $140 angle $141 
0A17: set_parked_car_generator $2765 flag 1 
014C: set_parked_car_generator $2765 cars_to_generate_to 101

This is Sweet's car you will notice the plate reads "GROVE4L" the under score is used instead of spaces and 8 is max. To change the location x y z you would replace the variables $138 $139 $140 with numbers if you like using the player's coordinates from a trainer or the Sanny Builder can give you the player's location with the game running using Ctrl+ALT+1

The game uses variables because Sweet's car is not always parked infront of his house. To break it down;

$2765 is the variable used to store information about Sweet's car.

#GREENWOO = Model used

59 = primary color (-1 uses random color)

34 = secondary color

0 = Doesn't belong to player (1 = true)

alarm 0 = No alarm (1= true)

door_lock 0 = Not Locked

0 = unknown

10000 = $value

plate "GROVE4L_"

at $138 $139 $140 = X Y Z location

angle $141 0.0 to 360.0 degrees

The last 2 lines make the car available in the game. Now if you were to replace the #GREENWOO part with #RHINO sweets car would be a rhino, but I know his missions would replace it with the greenwood.

JAB B)

It only takes about 3 lines to make a park car generator. Decompile your Main.SCM with Sanny Builder and look around line number 24014;

09E2: $2765 = parked_car_generator_w_numberplate #GREENWOO 59 34 0 alarm 0 door_lock 0 0 10000 plate "GROVE4L_" at $138 $139 $140 angle $141 
0A17: set_parked_car_generator $2765 flag 1 
014C: set_parked_car_generator $2765 cars_to_generate_to 101

This is Sweet's car you will notice the plate reads "GROVE4L" the under score is used instead of spaces and 8 is max. To change the location x y z you would replace the variables $138 $139 $140 with numbers if you like using the player's coordinates from a trainer or the Sanny Builder can give you the player's location with the game running using Ctrl+ALT+1

The game uses variables because Sweet's car is not always parked infront of his house. To break it down;

$2765 is the variable used to store information about Sweet's car.

#GREENWOO = Model used

59 = primary color (-1 uses random color)

34 = secondary color

0 = Doesn't belong to player (1 = true)

alarm 0 = No alarm (1= true)

door_lock 0 = Not Locked

0 = unknown

10000 = $value

plate "GROVE4L_"

at $138 $139 $140 = X Y Z location

angle $141 0.0 to 360.0 degrees

The last 2 lines make the car available in the game. Now if you were to replace the #GREENWOO part with #RHINO sweets car would be a rhino, but I know his missions would replace it with the greenwood.

JAB B)

It's great that you're able to show how to do it and break down the info, but doesn't it mean that you'll have to start a new game for these changes to take effect? Also, if someone's making this for a mod, wouldn't they have to supply the modified main.scm too? I have zero experience with this type of modding so I'm asking...

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure my method would work in this case?! It would depend on whether these map editor type programs can even generate binary IPLs.