My First FSX Videos (Youtube)

_Ray

I haven't played FS since 98 I think (possibly 2000 if they made a game that year), completely lost interest in it all, found it boring etc. and crashes are rubbish, like your second vid where it just gets stuck in the ground, wtf? :P

I see the only thing they've bothered to improve is the plane models themselves and the cockpit, those look awesome actually. The ground and scenery still fucking sucks though, why can't they make an effort with it?

Moving this topic to General Gaming btw.

It's because he didn't set everything to Very High for graphics. It looks awesome on everything Very High. But loads too long ( 30 mins - 2hours)

I had EVERY setting on Ultra High, and all the Custom Settings on the Max Detail. It only takes like 45 seconds to load even on 1920x1080. But as I said, a bit of quality was lost when I compressed it from 7GB (AVI) to 286MB (WMV). I'm also pretty pissed that Youtube squished my Video into a 4:3 when it played fine on my PC.

:D The crash is epic, what the hell's up with that. But, seeing as it's quite old, I'm not surprised. I remember an old mate of mine from secondary school, Ricky, had a flight simulator once, AND a joystick. He wanted to be a train driver apparently, but now just smokes weed and stays in bed, lol.

EDIT: Huh, it's only 3 years old. Maybe because of 9/11.

Edited by Bateman.

:D The crash is epic, what the hell's up with that. But, seeing as it's quite old, I'm not surprised. I remember an old mate of mine from secondary school, Ricky, had a flight simulator once, AND a joystick. He wanted to be a train driver apparently, but now just smokes weed and stays in bed, lol.

EDIT: Huh, it's only 3 years old. Maybe because of 9/11.

What? My Crash Video isn't even a WEEK old yet.

Well, I made another FSX Video! This one is of me trying to land at Paine Field, using as little runway as possible. Although the landing was a bit rough, I did manage to only use like 1/4 of the runway. (And I also almost stalled it twice, LOL)

Edited by Raybob

Not really...

I've never actually done multiplayer, but I just can't imagine it being any (more) fun than SP.

Or am I wrong?

I find it mostly fun mainly because I can work on all the technical stuff with real people. Plus you can be an ATC.

Oh yeah, and after a month of having the game I just now finally figured out how to work the auto pilot on a 747..... :bashhead:

The bad parts are the constant glitching and people who don't know what the fuck they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the Auto Pilot is pretty easy to work, I just never found it because the only views I ever used were Virtual Cockpit and Locked Spot.

Anyway, here's another video, a Continental Airlines Boeing 767-400 35,000 feet up on its way from JFK to Paris. This time, VFR and I just learned that I like it a lot better than IFR! Providing you know how to work the GPS.....

Edited by Raybob

It looks pretty boring to me. It's a flight simulator, sure, but I don't know who can sit there and pretty much do nothing, apart from maybe hitting a few buttons and gently moving the mouse, for even 10 minutes. I'd throw myself out of the window.

One of my old friends owned a similar game, showing me him taking off and landing, and it was just boring. When I played, I was crashing it and landing as badly as I could, that's the only fun really.

Edited by Bateman.

It looks pretty boring to me. It's a flight simulator, sure, but I don't know who can sit there and pretty much do nothing, apart from maybe hitting a few buttons and gently moving the mouse, for even 10 minutes. I'd throw myself out of the window.

One of my old friends owned a similar game, showing me him taking off and landing, and it was just boring. When I played, I was crashing it and landing as badly as I could, that's the only fun really.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I want to be a pilot when I am old enough to get a Comercial License, but whenever I look at FSX, I can't help but think to myself "what a dull job".

• 4 weeks later...