The Daily Chit-Chat

Siouxsie

He died during post-production but fortunately I think they didn't need to re-shoot any of his scenes, if they did I guess they must've deleted them.

LOL the one with Arnold as Mr Freeze was so retarded, that's definitely the worst Batman film. The film just called Batman (1989) with Jack Nicholson as the Joker is easily the best of the old ones.

EASILY. That one and Batman Returns. Danny Devito WAS a good Oswald Cobblepot.

I thought Jack Nicholson was a good Joker. I liked Dannu Devito as the Penguin. I think Batman does have the best villians. I think I would have prefered the Dark Knight if it was shorter, I just find it so long.

Jack was a good Joker. However, I have to admit, Heath was...... Heath was THE Joker. I mean, everything about The Joker in The Dark Knight was THE Joker. And of course I'm slightly biased, because I think The Joker IS Batman's greatest villian((and there are only few who disagree)).

Even though the movie was so long, we still missed a lot. What happened to The Joker? We can never find out now. I'm sure they had explanation for it before Heath died. I think we missed a good 20-30 minutes of story.

How could you have a problem sitting through it when it's so dramatic? I mean, shit starts out immediately with action.

Oh, Chestnut said you aren't allowed on her Manhunt team anymore.

The world would be boring if we enjoyed all the same things. The Joker was good but he did freak me out and I really didn't like that. I just don't like the film end of.

Yeah, of course it would be. But you're disliking something for the way it is SUPPOSE to be. He is suppose to freak you out, that's how the Joker works. On fear.

lol its 2 in the morning here in u.s

Not relevant. I'm kind of getting tired of you. You should probably take a look at the rules, look at a few of the posted guidelines, check pinned topics and such, and clean up your act a little bit.

I thought Jack Nicholson was a good Joker. I liked Dannu Devito as the Penguin. I think Batman does have the best villians. I think I would have prefered the Dark Knight if it was shorter, I just find it so long.

Danny Devito was a great Penguin, however I like him a lot better in It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia!

One of the few things I didn't like about the Dark Knight was that it didn't keep one of the original actors on, I forgot the name now but it was Batmans childhood friend. Played by two different people on both films.

@Bear - I also didn't understand what happened to Joker, seeing as there starting to create the third one, it might be told then.

What happened to The Joker? We can never find out now.

How do you mean? I believe the final scene with The Joker is with him hanging off of the side of the contruction site, Batman disappears and some useless SWAT officers arrive to incarcerate The Joker. That suggests he was finally caught I guess.

Yes, the role fit Maggie Gyllenhaal much better. Besides, as far as prettiness goes, she's playing a lawyer, not some model.

No one has anything else in general they'd like to discuss? Feel free to chip in with something other than films if you're bored of our talk.

Yes. I think there should be a rule to not reply to a post that was made too long before yours, just to keep the topic flowing. :>

Let's try: Your favourite literature? [book, comic, magazine, etc.]

Hmm...not sure why there would be a Spider man 4 though.

Looking forward to watch Public Enemies, movies with Johny Depp in it are always good to watch.

I might go and see that this weekend, or Transformers 2, but I heard that flopped.

Depends what type of movie-goer you are. I'm usually a "good story" movie type of guy, but Transformers 2's epic CGI scenes just made me not give a shit about its retarted story. It is like an orgasm on your eyes.

Looking forward to watch Public Enemies, movies with Johny Depp in it are always good to watch.

I might go and see that this weekend, or Transformers 2, but I heard that flopped.

Transformers 2 was shit to me, it took ages to actually reach the ending of the movie and it was boring. The first one was heaps better.

Depends what type of movie-goer you are. I'm usually a "good story" movie type of guy, but Transformers 2's epic CGI scenes just made me not give a shit about its retarted story. It is like an orgasm on your eyes.

Might see Public enemies, dont like a film with a crap story to it, plus Public Enemies is based on real events that actually happened and I kinda like these types of films, like the aviator, zodiac etc.

Yeah who doesn't :P (actually pretty much everyone :( )

Well City of God is based on a Brazilian TV series of the same name, but you don't really need to have seen it to follow the film. According to people's reviews if you have seen it the main benefit will be knowing more about the characters. It's a similar style film to City of God (though it's not related, not a sequel or anything), it follows the lives of two best friends as they grow up (well, they're both about to turn 18), finding things out about their fathers' pasts which challeneges their friendship - all this going on while rival drug gangs in Rio de Janeiro are at war.

EDIT: IMDb link if you wanna check it out in more detail: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870090/

You mean City of Men right? City of Men is based on the TV series, not City of God. But have you watched the TV series yet Chris?

It's not my favorite, but I like The Giver. 1984 for fourth-graders, it was great.

I. Hate. That. Book. Just. Because. Of. The. Shitty. Horrible. Ending. >.<

Everything up until the last chapter was great, though.

Never read "The Entity". Horrible book. Again, good story, but it just fucks itself all up, especially at the end.

I like anything with a good story. I want to pick up Fahrenheit 451 again.