The Daily Chit-Chat

Siouxsie

I think Corpse Bride is my favourite Tim Burton film. I couldn't stand it when I first saw it but I gave it a chance last year and now I love it. Nightmare Before Christmas is just a cult film, I have a nice jumper with Jack Skeletons face on it.

I loved Ratatouille, but it was slightly ruined as I forced my ex to see it (he wanted to see some sciencey film) so he spent the whole time trying to get with me at the back of cinema. In the end I would have to say "Fuck Off I want to watch Ratatouille.

Pixar is fantastic. They've never took one wrong step. Except slightly with Cars imo, which was too America-oriented for my liking. A Porche 911 named Sally Carrera? =/ Ehh.

And that after the frankly awesome Incredibles.

Pixar is slowly losing their grip. Up looks like it could be entertaining... But... Meh... Toy Story, Monster's Inc..... Good shit, good shit.

I only liked the Toy Story films, I am so excited though because they are bringing out a third.

Do you like Tim Burton? He is probably my favourite director, along with the composer who always does the soundtracks to his films, Danny Elfman.

Also I do not know how anyone could ever watch Fox and the Hound without crying.

I love Tim Burton! I've lost count of the times I've watched Nightmare Before Christmas. <3 :hurrhurr: Ultimate cult classic.

And yeah, you're a monster if you can watch Fox and the Hound and say you weren't touched by it. :(

I didn't shed a tear, or feel sad at all watching it. Same goes for Bambi, too.

We just watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was actually pretty enjoyable, too.

I must say, on the topic of Burton, I'm rather curious to see Alice in Wonderland. Of course, disappointed that he has followed the traditional path that EVERY adaptation has taken... But hoping it's good, none-the-less.

Of course, disappointed that he has followed the traditional path that EVERY adaptation has taken... But hoping it's good, none-the-less.

As in all film adaptations ever? I"m sure there has been a few good ones.

Also I'm totally gay for Helena Bonham Carter. :hurrhurr:

Of course, disappointed that he has followed the traditional path that EVERY adaptation has taken... But hoping it's good, none-the-less.

Not saying there haven't been good ones, but they all do the SAME thing and lump two books into one movie, often times leaving important, or interesting things out.

And Helena is awesome. She made a great Ms. Lovett, and a damn wickedly cool Bellatrix.

True, book adaptations never get it completely right. But game adaptations are worse. The only decent one that I know of is the first Tomb Raider which kicked ass.

I'm on the fence as far as comic adaptations go. I think I'm right in saying Spiderman started the whole thing, but even that started out great and declined with its sequels imo.

:hurrhurr: That woman is amazing! Johnny Depp is awesome and always looks better with makeup.

I want to see Alice and Wonderland but the story does freak me out a bit.

I love the first two spiderman films, the third was a bit lame. I really don't like the new Batman films, they just appeal to me. I watched the Dark Knight and I was so bored.

The first Spiderman was fairly decent, Didn't like the secound and third too much. The Batman movie adaptations and The Watchmen are pretty awesome though. No idea why people were whining bout so much blue penis being shoved in their faces, There was probably only one scene where they actually show a hint of the blue man's dong.

Spiderman 2 was the best, Spiderman 3 was pathetic, they completely wasted the idea of the dark spiderman.

The best film out now must be The Hangover, one of the funniest films i've seen in a very long time, hugely dissapointed in Terminator though.

Yeah, spiderman2's the best, the 3rd one was too slow.

Didn't really like Terminator Salvation, the ones with Arnold Swuznigga in it were the best.

Spiderman 2 was the best, Spiderman 3 was pathetic, they completely wasted the idea of the dark spiderman.

The best film out now must be The Hangover, one of the funniest films i've seen in a very long time, hugely dissapointed in Terminator though.

Didn't really like Terminator Salvation, the ones with Arnold Swuznigga in it were the best.

Completely agree, firs tthree Terminators were great, everything about them was great but everything was just wrong about T4, they had a British actor playing John Connor which was wrong for me, they should have got back the original John Connor from T3

Well here goes my replies to an epic amount of quotes in this topic. Replying to almost every poster since my last one :P

Pan's Labyrinth is brilliant, it is a mix of Spanish fascisim and the fantasy.

Got a 1080p rip last night and it looks fucking epic. Will watch it tonight, if it's good I'll be buying it on BluRay for sure.

-City of God: one of my best friends LOVES this movie and has been telling me I NEED to watch it, was going to eventually but I might as well now. Seems like its pretty good, everyone here likes it, right?

-Foreign Films: I had to watch a bunch of them in my French class. All of them were just OK or crap to be honest, except I really liked this one, it was in black and white and about these two women who were teachers and murdered the principle who I believe was also one of their husbands. Well in the end he wasn't dead and his wife (one of the teachers) dies, and the other runs off with him. It was a while ago, I don't remember the title, but it was good.

Yes you really do need to watch City of God. Brilliant film.

I've only seen three French films, haven't seen the one you're talking about. But I don't think they'll ever beat Amelie.

We just watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was actually pretty enjoyable, too.

Yes I thought that was a great film. There was a couple of things that didn't make any logical sense in it towards the end (not really spoiling it but I won't go into details anyway), but overall a pretty decent film.

True, book adaptations never get it completely right. But game adaptations are worse. The only decent one that I know of is the first Tomb Raider which kicked ass.

I'm on the fence as far as comic adaptations go. I think I'm right in saying Spiderman started the whole thing, but even that started out great and declined with its sequels imo.

Tomb Raider wasn't very good IMO. The first one was alright actually but the second sucked for the most part. Although they generally aren't regarded as being good, I think the Resident Evil movies are actually fairly decent, the first and the third anyway. The second one was disappointing, and Degeneration (the CGI film) lacked decent CGI (compared to say Final Fantasy which has awesome CGI action)

And yeah, Spiderman is responsible for all the reboots, before that it was pretty much just the old Superman and Batman films, the vast majority of which very pretty awful.

:hurrhurr: That woman is amazing! Johnny Depp is awesome and always looks better with makeup.

I love the first two spiderman films, the third was a bit lame. I really don't like the new Batman films, they just appeal to me. I watched the Dark Knight and I was so bored.

Yeah she's a pretty decent actress isn't she. Haven't seen Sweeney Todd yet but it's on my to watch list. I FUCKING LOVE the new Batman films, I rated both 10/10 and are two of my favourite movies of all time.

The first Spiderman was fairly decent, Didn't like the secound and third too much. The Batman movie adaptations and The Watchmen are pretty awesome though. No idea why people were whining bout so much blue penis being shoved in their faces, There was probably only one scene where they actually show a hint of the blue man's dong.

Yeah the first was good and second pretty good as well. Third was stupid.

Haven't yet seen The Watchmen. I've seen screenshots of his dong and have skipped through he film. Can't see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Looks like a fairly normal sized penis to me but most of the time he was shot from the waist up I believe. I think the people talking about it are people with small penises to be honest.

Also. Double Standards much!? Remember Rebbeca Romijn's character in X-Men. She was pretty much naked the entire time under all the blue paint/make up. No one complained then did they. It's practically the same thing.

Spiderman 3 IMO was the best out of the 3.

You're the first person I've seen publicly say they enjoyed the third, let alone rated it better than the first two. Why do you think it's better just out of interest?

Really? I haven't watched it all yet but it seems pretty decent. Plus, Christian Bale is in it which instantly makes it 100x better than it would have been :)

Well yeah they'll never beat T2, everyone knows that :P

Completely agree, firs tthree Terminators were great, everything about them was great but everything was just wrong about T4, they had a British actor playing John Connor which was wrong for me, they should have got back the original John Connor from T3

T3 wasn't that good though really. Shit compared to T2.

And OMG dissing Christian Bale. His American accent is flawless though how can you complain. IIRC he's only ever once played a British character in a modern feature film. He's one of the best actors around and I can't understand why you think he's wrong for the part. I thought it suited him perfectly.

Nick Stahl wasn't really that great in T3. It was only the final scene in T3 where he even showed any semblence of the leader he would come to be. I guess maybe he'd have faired better as T4 John Connor than T3 John Connor. I think it's a more demanding role.

You're the first person I've seen publicly say they enjoyed the third, let alone rated it better than the first two. Why do you think it's better just out of interest?

You are right spiderman 3 was the best for me. Lately been watching animated films. Ice age 3 is the latest of them and yeah its amazing. :)

Edited by Eazy.

Nick Stahl wasn't really that great in T3. It was only the final scene in T3 where he even showed any semblence of the leader he would come to be. I guess maybe he'd have faired better as T4 John Connor than T3 John Connor. I think it's a more demanding role.

Agreed. He played a much more convincing Yellow Bastard in Sin City which is another of my favourites. :B

Trust me, if I was alone in a room with her I would do terrible things to/with her :whistle:

I thought the cokehead Bale did quite a good job in Salvation. I still need to see 3 all the way through. I blocked out most of it because all the Terminator movies truly terrify me.

On the topic of Spiderman 3, there was just waaay to much emo in it for my tastes.

Uh.... What? Batman had a movie in like the 40's. And the 60's. Superman was at LEAST as early as the 70's. Spiderman had a SHOW in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. But no movie until 2002.

You're one odd person. The Dark Knight is a very intriguing and fascinating movie, even for non-Batman fans. The characters are excellent, and the Joker is one hell of a mysterious man. Bruce Wayne battles constantly with himself over whether he should be doing what he's doing, and for good reason. I'm really at a loss of words over how you could not like it. I was in tears at the end.

............ I thought it was brilliant. I teared up during that one, too.

Uh. No. The third Terminator was quite a bore-fest compared to the first, second, and fourth movies. I doubt many people could have played Connor like the coke-head. "Original" John Connor from T3....... ? The original would've been the John Connor in T2..... Not T3...

And yeah, Spiderman is responsible for all the reboots, before that it was pretty much just the old Superman and Batman films, the vast majority of which very pretty awful.

Really? I haven't watched it all yet but it seems pretty decent. Plus, Christian Bale is in it which instantly makes it 100x better than it would have been :)

T3 wasn't that good though really. Shit compared to T2.

And OMG dissing Christian Bale. His American accent is flawless though how can you complain. IIRC he's only ever once played a British character in a modern feature film. He's one of the best actors around and I can't understand why you think he's wrong for the part. I thought it suited him perfectly.

HEY now! The Batmans with Tim Burton involved were pretty good Batman movies! After that, they just blew major cock.

And Christian Bale DOES make it like 10000x better. It's hard to fake raw emotion like that. This is exactly why you use a coke-fiend for it. He did an excellent John Connor, and amazing Bruce Wayne, and his position as part of the Grammaton Cleric was brilliant. Anyone who knows what I mean by the last one, will agree that it was brilliant.

I have only seen T2, which we watched in R.E. classes. Our teacher said it was the most religious film he has ever seen which I find weird. I thought it was good though.

One of my favourite films is Men in Black, I love Will Smith.

Men in Black was eh eh. Will Smith is a decent actor when he wants to be. Hancock was pretty much a joke. Pursuit of Happyness was a great movie, though.

So anyone besides myself and Chris going to suck Christian Bale's coke-covered-cock?

Uh.... What? Batman had a movie in like the 40's. And the 60's. Superman was at LEAST as early as the 70's. Spiderman had a SHOW in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. But no movie until 2002.

Yeah, I meant the newer attempts. I'm ignorant.

I love the old Spiderman series' soundtrack. Those lyrics are brilliant.

Edited by Siouxsie

My favourite Batman was Adam West, Im sorry but they were hilarious. I also liked the film with Uma Thurman. I just didn't like the Dark Knight, I found it too long and too many bomb scares from what I can remember. Also what happened to the Joker, did he run off? We have films that we love and don't love. I just didn't get the hoopla for the film.

Holy Popcorn Batman!

My favourite Batman was Adam West, Im sorry but they were hilarious. I also liked the film with Uma Thurman. I just didn't like the Dark Knight, I found it too long and too many bomb scares from what I can remember. Also what happened to the Joker, did he run off? We have films that we love and don't love. I just didn't get the hoopla for the film.

Holy Popcorn Batman!

Poison Ivy is a good character, but the movie that had her in it sucked major ass. Most of the villians in Batman and Robin and Batman Forever were laughable at best. Jim Carrey as the Riddler? Arnold as Mr. Freeze? Gimme a break. George Clooney and Val Kilmer are good actors in their own rights, but not that good of Batmans. I did like the first two, that had Tim Burton on board. And Micheal Keaton wasn't that bad of a Bruce Wayne at the very least.

Adam West is a great man. And yes, he played a very comical and quirky Bruce Wayne and Batman. However, the newest Batman as played by Christian Bale shows a more troubled and self-conflicting Bruce Wayne. Something more true to what would happen to vigilante like that.

What happened to the Joker? His actor died.

I meant at the end of the film. I didnt think Ledger died during Batman. The movie did suck with Uman Thurman, but I was young when I saw it so of course I thought it was great. I just love the Adam West series, I would watch them on Saturday night at Midnight.

He died during post-production but fortunately I think they didn't need to re-shoot any of his scenes, if they did I guess they must've deleted them.

LOL the one with Arnold as Mr Freeze was so retarded, that's definitely the worst Batman film. The film just called Batman (1989) with Jack Nicholson as the Joker is easily the best of the old ones.

Yeah he's kinda suited to the role, being typecast as playing a slightly (or very) insane character in many films he's in.

Hmm... I love how us film buffs took this general discussion topic into more of a film discussion topic :P

No one has anything else in general they'd like to discuss? Feel free to chip in with something other than films if you're bored of our talk.