Family refuses to take daughter to a hospital before her death

Vercetti Thug

This story is sad, what was wrong with taking the girl to the hospital and then praying for her?

I'm thinking that maybe the parents were over-confident with their religious beliefs.

Although I do agree, wouldn't you pray for your daughter's safe recovery AFTER you've taken her to a hospital?

This story is sad, what was wrong with taking the girl to the hospital and then praying for her?

I'm thinking that maybe the parents were over-confident with their religious beliefs.

Although I do agree, wouldn't you pray for your daughter's safe recovery AFTER you've taken her to a hospital?

I agree, this situation is a bit like kill someone first and ask questions later

Honestly I'm an incredibly open minded person in matters like this but I cannot see how anyone can justify religion when things as extreme as murder can happen so easily like this, and to someone's own family member!

Then to top it all off they can ask for forgiveness?

Fuck that shit. I'm sorry that is fucking outrageous and wholly immoral. Basically that's like saying oh it's ok to murder people you can just ask for forgiveness later and it'll be alright. It's this kind of backward thinking that has made the world as fucked up as it is today. Compare religious countries to typically non-religious countries. You'll see what I mean.

Yes I'm a staunch anti-religion guy but I do accept some people feel the need to have religion in a part of their lives, or "faith", and although I strongly disagree, I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't affect me. But draftermatt just summed it up really, don't let it run your life. You run your life, not Jesus, or (your/a) God.

^ I have the same views on that subject.

It is pretty disgusting how they think their daughter should stick to THEIR religion, I'm sure she would of wanted help, she probably asked for it, but was probably ignored until she lost her ability to speak.

Like, sure it's ok to murder the fuck out of someone then ask for forgiveness...but you can't save your own daughter from death by taking her to a hospital?

Edited by Connor

Also another reason why their argument is illogical, in that they would believe God created man:

Man discovers/creates medicines that can heal people... but that never crossed their brainwashed minds did it. What an epic failure in intepreting the Bible literally, not figuratively. It doesn't mean God/Jesus Himself will heal your daughter, medicine will.

So they're massively retarded in every way possible really. Sad story that will make a lot of people very angry.

What complete retards. Serves them wright for a 25 year jail time. God cant solve everyones problems.

Sure he can. Doesn't mean he chooses to.

Anyway, these people obviously aren't Christians. The Christian Science Belief

Absolutely fucking disgusting.

Redeeming factor: They're Christians, so they believe in hell. They must know for sure they're going there now, so they can shit themselves thinking about it everyday for the rest of their crappy lives.

Fuck me I'm glad I don't live in a particularly religious country. I couldn't deal with the amount of bullshit going on everywhere "because of religious reasons".

Not necessarily, because Christians believe that they can be saved if they ask for forgiveness and repent. (Granting that they actually do believe.....)

If they believe in Christ as the son of God they are Christians. Please DO NOT get into this. Just because they don't follow your pretty little section of Christianity doesn't mean they are not Christian.

+1

The problem is, that the doctors would definitely be able to save her, and they'd get no credit for it. The parents would be all, "YAY GOD DID IT ALL ON HIS OWN BECAUSE HE IS POWERFUL!"

And WAAAAAAAH, why don't all of you go cry about something else? So they are stupid and blindly follow faith, to each their own. They have to deal with that shit, not you. As long as YOU'RE smart enough not to do something like that, who cares if someone else is.