21 members have voted

1. 1. ??

• Windows 7
    • Vista
    • XP
    • Ubuntu
    • Mac OS X
    • Other

7 runs perfectly, even on pcs with 512mb RAM.

Faster and way better than Vista, if u voted for vista then you're a retard.

I don't think I'm the retard here...

I agree though, you can say there are problems, but for me, NOTHING has happened. I have no problems at all, obviously you may have, so obviously you're the one who hates Vista. I haven't had nothing happen, ever since the day I brought my new PC, it ran like a charm. Obviously like I said before, it's really your opinion to what you like. To me, Vista seems fine, because it works for me without no problems (Only those minor problems are in it, but I can just simply get my system updated). If I do move to 7, which is probably in the near future, then it may be better than Vista. If I was able to run Vista without problems, then 7 will probably be the same for me as well, no problems, or anything.

I might as well stick to Vista, until the time is right for me. But if it's somewhat going to replace XP, then I can see that being a good thing. Plus, from what I heard, DX11 is going to be on that, so I probably might upgrade to 7 for that reason (:P).

But you guys do have good points on 7.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm

well the only experience ive had with Vista is bad. and those PC's were very fast (e8400, 6GB ram, 9600GT SLi one of them was)

so idn. XP has been the only OS ive used consistently, i used ubuntu for a little. OSX on the mac's at school.

7 Ultimate RC runs perfect on an Asus EEE PC (1.6ghz atom). I doubt vista would run on that.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Vista runs like a charm on my PC. It does have some minor problems, but after all, this is someone's preference to what OS they use. I like the design of Vista, it has this professional look, and like I said in the other topic, I thought Windows 7's theme was shit, obviously I'm gonna test it out myself soon, so personal opinion for me should change. My mates tell me it's had a performance increase? I dunno, haven't exactly tested it myself. I just think you need a good PC to run Vista on and you're complete. So then problems shouldn't occur.

This is all just my opinion.

I'm running an i7 and a GTX 275 with 6GB RAM, and I've had problems with Vista. (Like, LOTS)

Edited by Raybob

Win 7? It's but horrible, I mean. I was used it for a month for a testpc, but I couldn't find anything in that. I wanted just my IP set, but a falf hour first time... But the bubble screensaver is funny! Especially, when I was zombie from tiredness! :cheers: ya, and the game with cakes! :hurrhurr:

Vista has ran excellent. It could be better if I didnt have a 50 GB HD <_< . But I have 8 GB LEFT and 2 GB of RAM. Its still SUPER fast and running EXCELLENT. So I don't believe im retarted because I think Vista is best. It just happens to work awesome on my PC. XP was great too it was fast, slow and easy to use. I havnt tried 7 yet and OSX was horrible at school. Never tried Ubuntu...

If i get what your getting at i think there is, it rings a bell from a conversation i had reacently about mac letting their os' to be installed on normal pc's, some form of semi-partership, might be nice, but tbh i'd still pick linux for my multimedia and windows for gaming ;), but then again a lots of revelountionary features from vista were stolen from mac >_>. And as for the person who said visa runs quick, here a little test for you, go on vista, run a music program 8 tabs and watching youtube at the same time as having msn open, steam, games for windows and see how it runs then, go and do that on 7 and it will run fine, as long as you have a good pc ;)

Is there a Mac OS to be installed on a PC?

Yes. You could possibly try iAtkos. I believe it's in the gray-zone. Not exactly sure if it's illegal. I think it's legal if you'd purchase a license to OSX, to use the iAtkos image.

I've used it and really, really hated it. And that's not because this was a hacked version, I hate OSX on a Mac too, while I was actually having high expectations.

I expected the user-friendliness of an iPod Touch, but got something that was just annoying the shit out of me for hours. Doing any serious work on a Mac has been a burden to me. In fact, even leisure on a Mac sucks for me. It limits me in a trillion ways, doesn't allow me to even use more then 80 percent of the screen and it's a pain in the ass to get things as surround speakers to even work with it.

I used Tiger though, but unless they suddenly had started from scratch and dumped their old system without upping the version number, I expect to be just more of the same...

But please do try iAtkos once. Just so you'll realize how overrated OSX is (and how underrated Windows is).

Hackintosh boxes are fucking shit though (whichever OS distro you use). You need to use a real Mac computer to appreciate OS X. I know because I've experience with both.

And Jace, all those things you said are ridiculous. Unless you're trying to use it as you would a PC, in which case you would probably find it difficult/frustrating.

Surround sound is only a problem on MacBook's. iMac's/Mac Pro's are fine.

Meh, I just used it as I always use a computer, but obviously, I couldn't.

I could get the hang of Ubuntu pretty fast, but OSX just doesn't work for me.

Just used it for about 4 hours though. Tiger, not Leopard, on an iMac. Have had a little bit of Hackintosh experience. It works, sort of.. Pain in the ass to set it up. Dumped it the same day.

But even things like MS Office for Mac seem to be made with 'less is more' in mind, making it just unworkable for me. I'm used to Office 2007 now, and suddenly having to switch to Office for Mac just frustrates me. Productivity is literally about just 10% as what I'd have on my own PC.

Frankly, even my friend didn't know how to actually use it and admitted that it frustrates him quite often. It's his Mac and he's far from a MS fanboy. His PC, something from 2001, was just totally fucked up. His dad is an Apple fanboy and gave him his Mac. He might be an exception though.. he isn't really good with computers at all.

For a short time, I was actually considering to buy my mum a Macbook (as she's a total hazard on any computer.. I expected OSX to be a safe environment, and an easy one for my mum). After my own OSX experience, I quickly sent that plan to the garbage can. I just simply can't imagine being able to work with it.

On the bright side though, I just installed Safari 4.0.2 and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'd even say that I quite like it (while I found some other version I had installed once (no idea which one) to be horrible).

PS: I was using that Mac for some project I had to give in the next day.

But please do try iAtkos once. Just so you'll realize how overrated OSX is (and how underrated Windows is).

OSX is over-rated, yes, but that doesn't mean it sucks. Windows under-rated? AHA. Not by a long shot. All sorts of little Microfags want to shout that Vista is the greatest thing to happen since electricity, and how it's the only OS that supports "super computers with 50 gbs of RAM!".... That last part... Actual quote... From Chestnut's computer professor at school. He was aptly nicknamed "Professor Gates".

Running OSX on a PC and trying to use it like a PC wouldn't prove it's over-rated, it would prove you're trying to use it in a way different than how it is used. It's still highly respected by people who do serious digital art. Imaging, music, video, etc.

Also, you find it confusing because you grew up using a PC. A person who grows up with a Mac finds Windows to be absolutely perplexing. Neither of these validates saying either one sucks.

yer OSX86 its called. however, it sucks. more than regular macintosh OSX (which is actually pretty good if you dont do any gaming). heaps of incompatibilities etc etc.

OSX uses a linux kernel anyway. Darwin kernel iirc. i remember the epic fail error we got when trying to fix a laptop, they brought it in "it wont turn on". we turn it on, then "no driver found for cpu0" im like...ummmm WOW, you need a driver for that?!

i grew up with windows mainly, some of my friends had mac (those colourful imacs with clear shells, absolute p.o.s. i dont care what anyone says). they always got the shits with it. mac after OSX is good , before is just shite.

as for vista well, see sig. I dont care about your BS excuse that its not a fast enough system, E6600 with 8GB ram and a GTX260 not fast enough?! and like almost 2TB of hard drives. if that isnt, please tell me what is.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Well windows 7 is great, unless you install something it hates, i was installing Autodesk 3DS MAX on 64-bit and it compleatly froze my OS, and it would never boot again, if i tried to re-install windows it would get to windows setup and BSOD on me lol, so ive got my spare 400gb hdd in now with 32-bit on, great everything working, BSOD'd, i sit and diagnose it and find it's teh damn nvidia drivers, it took me a day to get it fixed lol, the only ones tht stop the bod are the ones windows downloads itself, apparntly there are problems with 190 according to what ive seen on the net, oh well, i fixed it now lol, now to see if i can reteive stuff of my other 3 hdds, joys =3.

Yes. You could possibly try iAtkos. I believe it's in the gray-zone. Not exactly sure if it's illegal. I think it's legal if you'd purchase a license to OSX, to use the iAtkos image.

I've used it and really, really hated it. And that's not because this was a hacked version, I hate OSX on a Mac too, while I was actually having high expectations.

I expected the user-friendliness of an iPod Touch, but got something that was just annoying the shit out of me for hours. Doing any serious work on a Mac has been a burden to me. In fact, even leisure on a Mac sucks for me. It limits me in a trillion ways, doesn't allow me to even use more then 80 percent of the screen and it's a pain in the ass to get things as surround speakers to even work with it.

I used Tiger though, but unless they suddenly had started from scratch and dumped their old system without upping the version number, I expect to be just more of the same...

I currently have an iDeneb distro in my own PC. Doesn't work on some boards unless if you hack the BIOS, but runs fine on my case, since I use an ASUS board. If you plan to make an el-cheapo OSX machine and don't mind about Apple possibly suing you, go for an ASUS mobo - the P5K is well-known for being a Hackintosh-ready board, with only minimal issues if any.

Hackintosh boxes are fucking shit though (whichever OS distro you use). You need to use a real Mac computer to appreciate OS X. I know because I've experience with both.

And Jace, all those things you said are ridiculous. Unless you're trying to use it as you would a PC, in which case you would probably find it difficult/frustrating.

Surround sound is only a problem on MacBook's. iMac's/Mac Pro's are fine.

Yeah, hacking OSX is pretty much BS due to the fact that one man's procedure may not be applicable to another, because of hardware issues. It is gray matter though, as Apple wanted to make sure that OSX is only used on their own boxes, not some $300 Taiwanese frankenstein rig. Although I could rant about Steve Job's policy of tying stuff to just one device.

OSX is over-rated, yes, but that doesn't mean it sucks. Windows under-rated? AHA. Not by a long shot. All sorts of little Microfags want to shout that Vista is the greatest thing to happen since electricity, and how it's the only OS that supports "super computers with 50 gbs of RAM!".... That last part... Actual quote... From Chestnut's computer professor at school. He was aptly nicknamed "Professor Gates".

Running OSX on a PC and trying to use it like a PC wouldn't prove it's over-rated, it would prove you're trying to use it in a way different than how it is used. It's still highly respected by people who do serious digital art. Imaging, music, video, etc.

Also, you find it confusing because you grew up using a PC. A person who grows up with a Mac finds Windows to be absolutely perplexing. Neither of these validates saying either one sucks.

All sorts of other fags that want to shout how horrible Vista is. I haven't read anything negative about OSX and many do live with the idea in their head that OSX is some expensive, elitist, ultra-user-friendly OS, which is obivously isn't.

Again, I have used OSX on a PC. About 80% of all the time I've spent using OSX has in fact been on an iMac. Before I actually used it I had the idea that OSX just isn't my OS of choice, but would be pretty user-friendly, which it simply wasn't. Now that might be because I'm just not used to these machines, but at any rate it just isn't the system 'you'll get to learn within 10 minutes', as Apple loves to claim on their website (or at least used to, can't bother to check if they still have that up there).

Also, you find it confusing because you grew up using a PC. A person who grows up with a Mac finds Windows to be absolutely perplexing.

I have to agree though..

Side note: Isn't Linux mainly used for super computers? I'm pretty sure they support 128GB RAM.

All sorts of other fags that want to shout how horrible Vista is. I haven't read anything negative about OSX and many do live with the idea in their head that OSX is some expensive, elitist, ultra-user-friendly OS, which is obivously isn't.

Again, I have used OSX on a PC. About 80% of all the time I've spent using OSX has in fact been on an iMac. Before I actually used it I had the idea that OSX just isn't my OS of choice, but would be pretty user-friendly, which it simply wasn't. Now that might be because I'm just not used to these machines, but at any rate it just isn't the system 'you'll get to learn within 10 minutes', as Apple loves to claim on their website (or at least used to, can't bother to check if they still have that up there).

Also, you find it confusing because you grew up using a PC. A person who grows up with a Mac finds Windows to be absolutely perplexing.

I have to agree though..

Side note: Isn't Linux mainly used for super computers? I'm pretty sure they support 128GB RAM.

Oh I find a LOT of bad talk about OSX. The same thing you just complained about OSX users happens with Vista/Windows users, too. They act like it's some expensive, elitist, ultra-user-friendly OS, which it obviously isn't.

And I never heard/knew that about Linux. However, that versions I've ever used have all been extremely light-weight, so I'd hate to see what they would do with that much RAM.

Don't install Mac=fail

linux and windows=win.

Windows is hella fail. I've never known people to like BOTH Windows and Linux but call OSX fail. Oh, and you technically just said it was fail to not install Mac((which isn't "installable" so I just assume you mean the OS)).

I have to agree though..

Oh I find a LOT of bad talk about OSX. The same thing you just complained about OSX users happens with Vista/Windows users, too. They act like it's some expensive, elitist, ultra-user-friendly OS, which it obviously isn't.

And I never heard/knew that about Linux. However, that versions I've ever used have all been extremely light-weight, so I'd hate to see what they would do with that much RAM.

Don't install Mac=fail

linux and windows=win.

Windows is hella fail. I've never known people to like BOTH Windows and Linux but call OSX fail. Oh, and you technically just said it was fail to not install Mac((which isn't "installable" so I just assume you mean the OS)).

not sure if i pointed this out previously but OSX IS LINUX the kernel is linux at least.

most people i know will be like this ... they use windows so they like it. used mac before but hate it cos its nothing like windows. and have no idea what linux is.

Edited by WRX22B1998

I don't see how some of you don't like Mac's. I mean, if you're a design student or what not, then it's probably a perfect package to use. It is expensive, yes, but obviously you don't use the Mac for the right things, some Mac's aren't really gaming machines (Unless you buy the Mac Pro). I used OSX on it and for somebody who's new to it, I don't see how it's that bad.

I'm not much of a design student, but I still think it's good.