Tenpenny Stories

JAB HacksouL

The mod is complete, 57 MB download 24 MB download here:

Download for The GTA Place

GTA Garage

There is also a 16MB Audio Fix (if your game crashes at the beginning of mission 1) see the tutorial below on how to use it.

If you can't download from here or File Front I have it posted on GTA Garage as well. My Dad is having ntework problems with the LAN and said the new part should arrive on Monday. If you have any bugs let me know below. The program has some random crashes due to characters doing odd ball things, but they seem rare. I will add more download links as they become available.

Feel free to upload this mod to any server you like. You don't need my permission to mod my mod. I did this for you to learn it has little to nothing to do with my ego.

JAB B)

Edited by JAB HacksouL

Great work... I'd download it but I'm on wireless and it's a rainy day :P

Let's hope for some sun xD

I am putting it up on the garage in 15MB chunks if that helps. They limit uploads to 20MB so I spanned the volumes. I am using Grand Pa's internet today. It is uploaded on this site waiting someone's approval.

Edit: It is there now and all in one file.

Wireless is great unless you live somewhere it gets a lot of rain... like Michigan. ;)

Edited by JAB HacksouL

Woo :awesome: ! I'll download it now, but as it's 57MB it'll probably take a while.

The PRO version will be smaller but won't contain the audio files. Any bugs you find be sure to put them here. I will address as many as I can and hopfully other modders will find errors I missed.

So far the only known bug is a random game crash as you enter the Atrium or LVPD. But no mission requires you to go to either location. You can save the game inside the LSPD up by the desks and there are a few custom safe houses.

Anyone posting a bug or crash please tell me as much detail as you can.

Thanks,

JAB B)

I can get the game to start, but when I try to start the first mission, the game crashes. So just to make sure I'm doing everything right, I've replaced all of the thigs which need to be replaced in the GTA folder, but what are you supposed to do with the install.exe file that comes wwith the mod?

Edited by Butters!

I can get the game to start, but when I try to start the first mission, the game crashes. So just to make sure I'm doing everything right, I've replaced all of the thigs which need to be replaced in the GTA folder, but what are you supposed to do with the install.exe file that comes wwith the mod?

That is meant to install it and make back up copies for you.

So far the other forums report crash on the first mission may be files in the wrong locations. I hope you read my help docs?

Make certain all 4 files copied into their directory.

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\text\american.gxt

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\audio\SFX\SCRIPT

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\script\main.scm

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\script\script.img

If you used the installer you should also see:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\text\american.tbk

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\audio\SFX\SCRIPT.tbk

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\script\main.tbk

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\script\script.tbk

These are your backups. I don't know what effects will occur using other mods with this.

JAB B)

OK, I reigned myself to re-installing the whole game, but I still can't get it to load the first mission. if anyone else has problams like mine could they let me know on here so I know whether it's just me.

From what I gather you can run all over before setting foot into the RED RING OF DEATH? You might should try going into the police station and saving a game. This will at least give you the option to load a game instead of starting off new all the time. There are other save locations at other police stations the only bug (see below) is all the way over in Las Venturas.

I am getting mixed reviews, some say they are playing it no problem others are looking a bit puzzled.

Over on the "other forum" someone said they had issues with the audio "SCRIPT" file and it played after the original was put back. So on the GTA Garage you will find the optional download of the raw audio wav libraries. Try running Alci's GUI for SAAT on the original SCRIPT.

I hate to go there but I know you are a VISTA user, and I don't know if VISTA/XP is the difference? But if you are willing, try to do the following to see what happens:

1. Run Alci's GUI on my SCRIPT to decompile it into wav. Did it work?

2. Add the libraries from the GTA Garage. Did that work?

3. Run Sanny Builder on the MAIN.SCM to decompile and recompile. Did it work?

For anyone debugging the main script:

I managed to track down one bug and ALL bugs will be fixed in PRO if I get as much input from people as possible.

BUG: Randomly crashing entering the Las Venturas Police Station.

BUG FIX: I missed loading and checking a Banshee model in the impound. To repair the file edit the following in Sanny Builder:

Search for this line:

0674: set_car_model #BANSHEE numberplate "_JOSHUA"

Pop this in right above it:

Model.Load(#BANSHEE)
:IMPND_JOSH_CAR
wait 0
if
Model.Available(#BANSHEE)
jf @IMPND_JOSH_CAR

Otherwise a "work around" solution, is you will need to arrive in a Banshee at the station for the model to be available or not go there at all.

Hey I am not perfect...

JAB B)

OK, I reigned myself to re-installing the whole game, but I still can't get it to load the first mission. if anyone else has problams like mine could they let me know on here so I know whether it's just me.

Hmmm.... I can take it next door to the neighbors house and install it on his Vista system and see what happens today. It is almost 6am and no one is up yet. He is a retired old guy that.... bought a computer because he thought he needed one. Doesn't even have internet. But it is a new Dell and I should be able to get a handle on the issue. I am running it on my Linux box for testing and other than it being slow and jerky in spots (just like my brother) the game is playing and Plug the Leak starts up ok. If you are using the SB to edit the main.scm then you could skip the first mission by changing the variable from $INTRO_TOTAL_PASSED_MISSIONS = 0 to $INTRO_TOTAL_PASSED_MISSIONS = 1.

Since the first mission uses custom audio files, it may be the culprit. The second mission uses none.

OK, I'll try that, because it probably is the audio files because the mission starts, but it crashes as soon as it begins to pan down to the charecters.

EDIT: GROAN! You've got to do EVERY sound file 1 by 1, so I'll wait for someone to tell me how I can do it all at once, because I can't be assed to replace 500 sound files.

Edited by Butters!

OK, I'll try that, because it probably is the audio files because the mission starts, but it crashes as soon as it begins to pan down to the charecters.

EDIT: GROAN! You've got to do EVERY sound file 1 by 1, so I'll wait for someone to tell me how I can do it all at once, because I can't be assed to replace 500 sound files.

I will have Vincent make a short tutorial here, I know he doesn't do them one at a time but I am not familiar with SAAT to say myself.

Awesome, I've just replaced the original SCRIPT with the custom wav. files and it works, now. I've got to say though, some of the voices are very strange. :P

Well, I'm up to the

King of the Hill

mission, and when I went to the donut shop to get some support after finding the

King of the Hill mission hard

, I tried to dismiss them right after I picked them up, and the game crashed.

I'll report anymore bugs I find soon.

Wow great Butters! I just got sent this video that a fan posted on YouTube.

Spoiler Alert: It shows him lose the mission "Double Boom!" then he beat it. But if people are interested in seeing mod prior to download then play the video. This mission is about 6 or 7 so people are making head way. Of course I believe you could beat the whole thing in just one day assuming you have the time.

Nice... By the way, do you have a storyboard for that or something?

No but I did use a sloppy in-game editor that gave me xyz coordinates of objects I needed to place. I plan to refine it and make it available as a modding tool. Vinny and I came up with the general concept then we cut back some stuff I thought was "over the top". Vincent still got a zombie mission in there but I explained it as homeless people being used as lab subjects.

Heh, since you allow it anyway... I might indulge myself in some code to speed up Vigilante Justice. That is, when I get started on it again ;)

You go right ahead, you won't hear any crap from me about mod theft this is all public domain now. Have fun with it.

But I wanted to let you all know that a user contacted us with a bug that is not a bug.

"Path of the Snake" - Spoiler

The mission begins with a witness in one of three vans. You will start playing as Hernandez on a motorcycle following one of the 3 vans. He thought it loaded the wrong model. If your van has the witness then you will finish the mission out as Hernandez, however if it is a decoy you shift into Pulaski following the 2nd van. If his is also a decoy then Tenpenny has the real van and you follow it. The other thing he had trouble understanding was the "Ditch Car" timer bar. It is a simple timer and NOT a distance gauge. You can ride the bumper of the van you are following or be miles away (not a good idea) once the real van is identified you must stick to it like glue. The vans are not jackable the mission is long if you end up chasing the 3rd van. Vans are selected at random so this mission never plays the same way twice.

JAB B)

im running windows 7

I guess I would try the audio fix for it. Some are reporting no troubles running it on Xp others say it crashes on both Xp and Vista. I have it running on 3 machines here at the house.

1. XP SP3 (mine) which has minor crashes mainly when or if I don't save between missions.

2. XP SP2 an older Emachine in my dad's LAN room he said I can use for experimenting. The sound gargles but doesn't cause the game to crash. I put this off due to the poor quality of in monitor speakers and sound card.

3. Linux Kubuntu 8, Vincent's Linux box running WINE which is a silly acronym for WINE Is Not an Emulator. His doesn't crash but he doesn't hear any sound so this issue is cause by a conflict between WINE and his OS.

Vincent put it on the neighbor's PC a Dell running Vista (Dad is dead set against Vista) and yes it needed to have the Audio Fix installed. But runs with some minor crashes Vincent is trying to play it through at the neighbor's right now.

If you find and submit bugs I will be adding an ending credit sequence to this mod with you name under beta testing. If you submit a code fix for the bug I will include your name in the debuggers section above that. How your name will read is up to you. Such as Jabhacksoul or Joshua "JAB" Black etc..

Thanks for your help,

JAB B)