Cool Things to do before starting

Does anyone know of cool things to do before starting the mission. OR any kind of tricks or tips. I am trying to beat the game again. I want to have CJ all maxed out on as many things as possible. Plus if there are tricks for getting into ammunation or barber shop early. I also want to get all the secret items. I wouldn't mind using cheats but when I want to start up the missions, I want the game to be normal, no cheats. Any help would be appreciated.

I have of course gotten all the stuff in Los Santos. I can get lots of stuff on the other three islands, I have gotten quite gootd at driving around with 4 or 5 stars. You can go get the chain gun in LV and the rockets in SF, and all the other weapons. The tattoo shop in LV is open from the beginning. I havent tried working out at the secret gym at Sta. Maria Beach. I bet it is open. I wonder if you can do the triathalon early. That may be a way to cheat to go get the snap shots. Anyway, if anyone can think of more things to do or glitches to help increase stats, like driving cars or underwater, a reply would be appreciated.