[WIP|SA] The Hollywood Tower Hotel

Huckleberry Pie

oqyxpd.jpg

OK, so Narcis_speed6 and I recently collab'd on a map project for SA, based on the Tower of Terror ride in Disneyland and its film spinoff. We now managed to convert it to DFF, although there are some issues such as LODs and missing stuff.

In-progress shot; still beta and has some missing features:

70uvd5.jpg

Here's the Tower IRL:

tower-of-terror_03.jpg

Teaser trailer:

I'll post more pics when we add some stuff...

Overall progress: 10~15%

TODO:

* Interiors

* Enex nodes for safehouse/gym/whatever

* GUI textures

* LOD models/collision/exterior textures

I'll release Milestone 1 of this mod when Narcis, a friend of mine from GTAF, and I are done with it.

God Bless and enjoy... :lol:

Sorry for my multi-post, but here's another progress shot:

I found a seemingly suitable place for the hotel, near the All Saints General and a construction site:

t0j11x.jpg

I still need to tear down the offending buildings, of course, and get the model fixed. The problem is that getting rid of the offending models (or at least moving them) seems to crash the game (it might have to do with binary IPLs or something). I'm still learning how to map, so excuse for being such a clumsy person. Editing the models to patch the holes in the ground might do, too, I guess.

Yes I remember going on this ride down in Florida. Not much to it. Mostly you wait in long lines and enter a spooky basement with generators. Bellhops have you board an elevator (which is the car). You are restrained and a lap bar goes down. The elevator goes up to a floor where they open the doors and a sort of movie runs about missing guests. Then the elevator dives bounces you up and down and the ride is over. There is more build up and hype than anything and it is basically a power tower that is in the dark.

I don't see how you could make a full mod with such a weak plot as a falling elevator in a haunted hotel? Are you going to make ghosts?

Yes I remember going on this ride down in Florida. Not much to it. Mostly you wait in long lines and enter a spooky basement with generators. Bellhops have you board an elevator (which is the car). You are restrained and a lap bar goes down. The elevator goes up to a floor where they open the doors and a sort of movie runs about missing guests. Then the elevator dives bounces you up and down and the ride is over. There is more build up and hype than anything and it is basically a power tower that is in the dark.

I don't see how you could make a full mod with such a weak plot as a falling elevator in a haunted hotel? Are you going to make ghosts?

Actually I plan on making it as a hotel (much like the Jefferson motel, but not in a ghetto style of course) than as a hyped-up three-minute ride on a theme park. It'll be a whole new story based on the ride's backstory and the movie spinoff if I decide to do a conversion, although I don't mind coding it for now.

Actually I plan on making it as a hotel (much like the Jefferson motel, but not in a ghetto style of course) than as a hyped-up three-minute ride on a theme park. It'll be a whole new story based on the ride's backstory and the movie spinoff if I decide to do a conversion, although I don't mind coding it for now.

I didn't know they made a movie... yep they sure did, I just did a search on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131620/

Made for TV and 5.7 worth a look I suppose.

From the screen shots, it looks like you have it a bit too small? Maybe you should a skydive or fly a plane over for a better view. Well I have to go see a man about a bike. :hi:

I didn't know they made a movie... yep they sure did, I just did a search on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131620/

Made for TV and 5.7 worth a look I suppose.

From the screen shots, it looks like you have it a bit too small? Maybe you should a skydive or fly a plane over for a better view. Well I have to go see a man about a bike. :hi:

Yeah, they did, although it looks and feels silly enough to make fun of. I made lolcats and YTMNDs out of the film.

As for the building, it seems big and roomy enough in my case, although I might adjust it as long as there's enough real estate in Los Santos.