Post your top 5 movies, games.

Damjan

I thinik it's just a 'post your 5 favourite movies and your 5 favourite ganes' kind of topic... Anyways, here are mine:

Games:

1. Crash Bandicoot

2. Racedriver GRID

3. CoD4:MW

4. GTA III

5. Gran Turismo series

Movies:

1. 8 Mile

2.Matrix Triology

3. The Godfather Triology

4. The Fast and the Furious series

5. Twilight

Edited by Lee-1991

I thinik it's just a 'post your 5 favourite movies and your 5 favourite ganes' kind of topic... Anyways, here are mine:

Games:

1. Crash Bandicoot

2. Racedriver GRID

3. CoD4:MW

4. GTA III

5. Gran Turismo series

Movies:

1. 8 Mile

2.Matrix Triology

3. The Godfather Triology

4. The Fast and the Furious series

5. Twilight

That.

Okay, so:

Games:

1- Metal Gear Solid 1

2- Metal Gear Solid 4

3- Metal Gear Solid 3

4- Okami

5- Killer7

It's something along those lines, but aside from the MGSs, it's really hard to decide after playing so many great games.

Dunno about movies though, my favourite two are Pulp Fiction and Clockwork Orange but the rest is always changing....

And Steam, how can a game that hasn't even come out, be your favourite?

Edited by Ivan

Okay, so:

Games:

1- Metal Gear Solid 1

2- Metal Gear Solid 4

3- Metal Gear Solid 3

4- Okami

5- Killer7

It's something along those lines, but aside from the MGSs, it's really hard to decide after playing so many great games.

Dunno about movies though, my favourite two are Pulp Fiction and Clockwork Orange but the rest is always changing....

And Steam, how can a game that hasn't even come out, be your favourite?

Not even a mention for GTA? You have just crossed the line. BAN THIS FUCKING TRAITOR.

Anyway, in no particular order:

1. THE GTA SERIES RAAWRR! But if i had to pick - Vice City

2. Team Fortress 2

3. Warcraft III TFT

4. Heroes of Newerth

5. Return Fire

Not even a mention for GTA? You have just crossed the line. BAN THIS FUCKING TRAITOR.

rofl agreed. i borrowed MGS4 off my mate, havent really played it yet but heard many good things about it. one thing i HATE with video games (not sure why) , its the cut scenes. i ALWAYS skip them. only time i havent skipped is in some GTA's when i remember the mission, eg vice city for diaz "EJECT PLASTIC CRAP!" i lol'd.

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

5. prototype/scarface (lol cant decide between these. they were both made by radical)

movies this list is subject to change lol. and not in any order

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

4. fast and furious series (cos of the cars/girls :P)

5. fat pizza (you probably havent heard of it unless your aussie, its a movie that was from a TV show, bloody hilarious though)

rofl agreed. i borrowed MGS4 off my mate, havent really played it yet but heard many good things about it. one thing i HATE with video games (not sure why) , its the cut scenes. i ALWAYS skip them. only time i havent skipped is in some GTA's when i remember the mission, eg vice city for diaz "EJECT PLASTIC CRAP!" i lol'd.

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

5. prototype/scarface (lol cant decide between these. they were both made by radical)

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

5. fat pizza (you probably havent heard of it unless your aussie, its a movie that was from a TV show, bloody hilarious though)

If you skip cutscenes in most games, you don't deserve playing MGS4 and many other story-driven games, actually you don't deserve playing most games, except sports,etc...

And btw, GTA isn't even in my top 10, might also not be in my top 15 too.

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

If you skip cutscenes in most games, you don't deserve playing MGS4 and many other story-driven games, actually you don't deserve playing most games, except sports,etc...

that's a bit far. so i dont deserve to play the game because i skip the cut scene? i think there's some sand in your vagina...

Edited by WRX22B1998

YOU MONSTER

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

To be fair, you can be forgiven for skipping the cutscenes in MGS4, seriously, the ending cutscene is a 'sit down in an insanely comfy chair, bust out the popcorn and coke and watch a 2 and a half hour movie' kind of cutscene.

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

To be fair, you can be forgiven for skipping the cutscenes in MGS4, seriously, the ending cutscene is a 'sit down in an insanely comfy chair, bust out the popcorn and coke and watch a 2 and a half hour movie' kind of cutscene.

To people that aren'«'t fans of the series and don't know the story, I guess it's alright but for hardcore fans, those that played every MGS, it's not understandable to skip cutscenes.

Which means that if you do skip the cutscenes, odds are you aren't a fan of the series, and to those, MGS4 will mean practically nothing, which means it's sorta pointless to play it.

It does have great action parts in the game but it's really about the story, nostalgia, snake's ending,etc..., that won't mean much to non fans.

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

To people that aren'«'t fans of the series and don't know the story, I guess it's alright but for hardcore fans, those that played every MGS, it's not understandable to skip cutscenes.

Which means that if you do skip the cutscenes, odds are you aren't a fan of the series, and to those, MGS4 will mean practically nothing, which means it's sorta pointless to play it.

It does have great action parts in the game but it's really about the story, nostalgia, snake's ending,etc..., that won't mean much to non fans.

I would say I am a fan of the series but I was seriously getting bored through a lot of the cutscenes like Yahtzee said:

'Some say that politicains can talk for hours on end and not actually say anything. If that's true then Hideo Kojima could run for president and be govenor of the universe by lunch time.'

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

I would say I am a fan of the series but I was seriously getting bored through a lot of the cutscenes like Yahtzee said:

'Some say that politicains can talk for hours on end and not actually say anything. If that's true then Hideo Kojima could run for president and be govenor of the universe by lunch time.'

He trashes everything so he can be "funny" so his opinion isn't the best one....

No offense, but if you were that bored, then you're probably not as much of a fan as you think you are, at least that's the way I see it, I don't know for sure how much you enjoy MGS.

welll

1. gran turismo series

2. gta series

3. cod4/5

4. nfs series

1. scarface

2. the hangover

3. starsky and hutch

He trashes everything so he can be "funny" so his opinion isn't the best one....

No offense, but if you were that bored, then you're probably not as much of a fan as you think you are, at least that's the way I see it, I don't know for sure how much you enjoy MGS.

In the words of Marshal Mathers:

'A lot of truth is said in jest'

I do enjoy MGS, I enjoy actually PLAYING the game. Granted a game needs a story but it doesn't need to be told in cutscenes that long.

I do enjoy MGS, I enjoy actually PLAYING the game. Granted a game needs a story but it doesn't need to be told in cutscenes that long.

i heard the cutscenes are really long in it etc. but yeah i agree with you, the games are good, just i dont wanna sit around waiting to do something. generally you can pick up the basic story / what happened in the cutscene by the objectives of the next mission (in prototype at least) and u know, just, over waiting. more play less movie.

Games

1. Driver

2. Grand Theft Auto III

3. Metal Gear Solid 3

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Half-Life

Movies

1. 28 Days Later

2. Terminator 2

3. The Fast and The Furious

4. First Blood

5. Videodrome

I agree on MGS as well, the cutscenes are great, but way too long. I want to play, not watch a movie.

i heard the cutscenes are really long in it etc. but yeah i agree with you, the games are good, just i dont wanna sit around waiting to do something. generally you can pick up the basic story / what happened in the cutscene by the objectives of the next mission (in prototype at least) and u know, just, over waiting. more play less movie.

You can't pick up the story in MGS4, if you skip the cutscenes, no way.

It's incredible how you guys can't wait for a while, even though the cutscenes are great and for a fan of MGS they should be, since they're incredibly well made and answer everything players wanted to know.

Lol, it just really pisses me off when people start saying that MGS4 is more of a movie than a game.

But I guess this is a never ending argument, I can't change your view on lenghy cutscenes, I enjoy them, a lot.

So if you want, skip them, I just wanted to let you know that it usually itsn't the right thing to too, you might enjoy a game more.

My list will never be definite, because there's too many to choose from.

Films:

1. L.A Confidential

2. Goodfellas

3. The Dark Knight

4. Terminator 2 Judgment Day

5. The Shawshank Redemption

Games:

1. Metal Gear Solid 1

2. COD4 Modern Warfare

3. Crash Bandicoot 2

4. Wario Land

5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City

It's hard to do a list when you own so many great films and games. I could easily have included Wall-E, The Matrix, Die Hard, Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects, Se7en, Saving Private Ryan, The Last Samurai, Fight Club, etc.

hmm i dont watch alot of movies but i can try lol

umm

shawshank redemption <one of my all time faves

the godfather

titanic

bah i dont know any more

as for games

gta series (but only because i played gta1 in the hospital loool i was 6...bad nurse hehe :D)

prince of persia 2 /used to watch my dad play it alot and then played it myself)

mario kart 64 (the best multiplayer game ive ever played)

worms armageddon (holy hand grenade nuff said)

and the fifth is umm

hmm

idk nfs series? although the older games might be a bit underrated these days

also i like raiden III, mortal kombat armageddon, mario bros. and many others