ATTENTION AIM USERS!

Spaz The Great

One of my friends keeps sending me this and says he didn't. He said he was sent the same IM from someone else who claimed they didn't send it.

" this was cool, check it out"

The word "this" is a link to download something from some place. But anyways, fair warning. Don't click it. I'm not sure what it is or what it does, but chances are it isn't good. The file I think was titled, "untitled.jpg.exe". I think. Something along those lines.

Yeah it is called "IM Worms" . I only know of MSN having this, first I hear of AIM. What it does it says like "Hey Check this "game" out. With say "game" being a link. The user acts normally and just clicks the link. Without even cheking the URL, cause he believes his friend.

Then he is send to a trojan link. That installs spyware and other type of trackers. In most cases it also stores the worm on your PC. Then the worm makes your PC as his "server" and sends it to your other friends(the links)

So basicly check your URL links and make sure you are updated with the latest anti-virus software. Having a Fire Wall installed can also come in handy, as it will kill the worm when trying to make a connection.

Peace,

Smoke

www.IMWorms-suck.com.jp

• 3 weeks later...
My friend came to me for help on getting rid of it, but she won't even download the basic spyware and virus removal programs because she's "not allowed to download anything." Now they're calling in a professional to get rid of it. Waste of money.

Stuff like that is just too bad, but I guess that separates the geeks from the noobs, eh? :)

A good rule of thumb is to put your mouse over the link (AIM) and see what the extension is. If it's a jpeg or gif, then I would trust it. If not, then ask the person what it is to make sure they're sending it and not some program.

My friend came to me for help on getting rid of it, but she won't even download the basic spyware and virus removal programs because she's "not allowed to download anything." Now they're calling in a professional to get rid of it. Waste of money.

Holy shit, I hate when parents attempt to keep their precious computers safe and think that every download on the internet is a virus. My parents CAN'T be over-protective, my mom especially. Anything my dad finds out, I either find out or already know. And my mom, knows jack shit except her screenname and password on AOL.

But really, I hate ignorant people who think that every download is going to have a virus.

"NO! DON'T DOWNLOAD THAT! IT'S A VIRUS!"

"Mom.... It's a JPEG image..."

"IT'S ON THE INTERNET IT'S A VIRUS YOU'RE GOING TO BLOW UP MY NEW COMPUTER!"

• 1 month later...

Haha Spaz, hate to have your parents(overprotective ones that is; nothing against your parents personally). Anyway I just got this stupid ass IM yesterday at like 1 AM in the frolicking morning. Stupid asshole('s). I hope all of the virus and malicious code writers/makers out there burn in allegorical hell.

Haha Spaz, hate to have your parents(overprotective ones that is; nothing against your parents personally). 

Please learn to read, he said he hates overprotective parents.

I hope all of the virus and malicious code writers/makers out there burn in allegorical hell.

Too bad hell doesn't exist. <_<

Haha Spaz, hate to have your parents(overprotective ones that is; nothing against your parents personally).  Anyway I just got this stupid ass IM yesterday at like 1 AM in the frolicking morning.  Stupid asshole('s).  I hope all of the virus and malicious code writers/makers out there burn in allegorical hell.

You aren't much of the genius, are you? Considering how I said I'd HATE TO HAVE over-protective parents, I obviously don't have them.

Onto your second remark, you know, the one about the malicious scripters. I would like to see them continue growing. It's really a great feild. Think of all the programmers that would be out of work without hackers and malicious scripters. Anti-hackers would be obsolete, because the hackers would be "burning in allegorical hell", as you put it. Now, you wouldn't want all these innocent people to lose their jobs, would you?

Besides, what's the fun of dodging hackers and laughing at the loser ones if there aren't any out there?

Of course I wouldn't. But those dudes would get a different job then, such as programing in C++ or Java or something. Or hell, they could benefit the entire human race by creating all of those cracks to get expensive software for free.

Edited by GTA4LIFE

The name of the virus is NITEAIM.exe

I hexed it and it is simply a AIM looper. Its .exe has a .dll coded into it (amateur) and when you boot up it autoexecs itself into AIM. It launches a trojan coded "alpps+_sjddAIM.exe:ok_wait_wait_wait" thats the loop code, and it just makes you send a link either as .jpg.exe or .jpg.jsp

Its a very amateur virus, just delete NITEAIM.exe and you're good.