PS3 Slim Unveiled

Spaz The Great

I would only buy the PS3 slim if its not as heavy as a brick like the old one.

What part of slim, didn't you get?

I wanted to say a whole bunch of swear words but. Shut up Ivan. Do you even know if the Slim version of the PS3 is heavy or light weight? Why in almost every topic you post in you make some piss ass reply to me?

Well, usually when something is called slim, it isn't heavy but hey maybe that's just me.

I lol'd.

Well this is good because now hopefully they'll be more people from TGTAP on a PS3!

Edit: The 60GB PS3 weighs about 5.1Kg's and on average a brick weighs about 2.7Kg a piece. So the PS3 is actually just under the weight of 2 bricks. Now, because the PS3 Slim is 36% lighter, if we do the math... the new PS3 slim weighs about 3.2Kg.

I have compiled these results into a table to make it easier to find the result you are looking for.

Weight of BrickWeight of old PS3Weight of Slim PS3

2.7Kg5.1Kg3.2Kg

I guess Husky won't be buying it.

Edited by Mpilk901
  • Like 1

I already own a PS3 (Duh lol) and I think even though this is good, I prefer to stick with my normal PS3. I mean, I don't care if it's heavy. After all, it's going to be staying in the same place. Not going to be moved in years.

But think of it like this, a slim PS3 = Less power to pick it up, it's cheaper than the original PS3 AND a bigger HDD. I say you get alot for just paying a little less than what the original PS3 has.

• Like 1

sure its slimmer , lighter, less power consumption (really, who cares about that, you'd save more power by turning off the light and open the window instead)

anyway, you can put whatever size hard disk you want in the PS3, not sure if i said this before. as long as its a 2.5" SATA HDD (like a laptop one) up to 500GB i think (they dont get made any bigger anyway)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148371

^ like that. man i wish newegg shipped overseas stuff would be so much cheaper.

You mean, it's not possible to change the HDD? Sure it is.

I believe the slot to put it in is now located at the front, but it's possible. Or the article I read a few days back was just lying..

Edit:

You can't install Linux anymore though.

But then who did on the normal PS3? Maybe 1 on the 200..

I lol'd.

Well this is good because now hopefully they'll be more people from TGTAP on a PS3!

Edit: The 60GB PS3 weighs about 5.1Kg's and on average a brick weighs about 2.7Kg a piece. So the PS3 is actually just under the weight of 2 bricks. Now, because the PS3 Slim is 36% lighter, if we do the math... the new PS3 slim weighs about 3.2Kg.

I have compiled these results into a table to make it easier to find the result you are looking for.

2.7Kg5.1Kg3.2Kg

I guess Ivan won't be buying it.

I think you mean Husky....

I lol'd.

2.7Kg5.1Kg3.2Kg

Of course I won't. Its the same cost of the Elite 360, with the same hard-drive space. The Elite weighs slightly more than a ps3 slim. But I would recommend people who are just getting into the PlayStation world to buy a slim.

I lol'd.

2.7Kg5.1Kg3.2Kg

Of course I won't. Its the same cost of the Elite 360, with the same hard-drive space. The Elite weighs slightly more than a ps3 slim. But I would recommend people who are just getting into the PlayStation world to buy a slim.

captain-obvious2.jpg

really? considering that slim will be ALL that is sold once it's released (if im not mistaken) then... yeah.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Just 280 EUR here..

For a second I thought that was a fine deal..

But then.. I don't think it changes anything.

The people that wanted a PS3 already have one. The price isn't going to change anything.

BD players are cheaper than 280 EUR, so why get it? Perhaps if LA Noire ever comes.. then I might just have a reason, but otherwise I can't see it making any difference for console people... I still see the 360 as the superior system, and coming in at just 250 EUR, why not? With 60 per year for that damned live though..

btw, I still don't own any of these systems and don't want to either.

Perhaps a 360 at some point to stream movies to a TV though, but only for that then.

And don't see this as a rant. Just want to say that the new PS3 pricepoint isn't going to do miracles..

you can do the same streaming as you do on 360 with PS3 just not through windows media centre, it has DLNA, there's tons of apps to stream to PS3, works great from my laptop. I wouldnt put it to heaps of use however since I got a HDD media player all my TV shows and movies are on that. Music is on my iPod so just plug that straight in. and if you want 360 wifi its another $100.

Edited by WRX22B1998

you can do the same streaming as you do on 360 with PS3 just not through windows media centre, it has DLNA, there's tons of apps to stream to PS3, works great from my laptop. I wouldnt put it to heaps of use however since I got a HDD media player all my TV shows and movies are on that. Music is on my iPod so just plug that straight in. and if you want 360 wifi its another $100.

But then I mainly use WMP (which is WMC), so just for streaming, the 360 would be a better choice.

Well, can it actually output 1080p?

And I was refering to that new Xbox online service, for movie rentals.

The 500k results don't surprise me.. I just wonder how it's going to be in, say, 3 months time.

Maybe a good time with Christmas and all.. but what about Jan? Point being: on the long term, I don't expect it to make a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...

yer u can change hard drive on all ps3's they all use 2.5" sata...

slim is still ugly.

And the original still looks like trash.

Just 280 EUR here..

For a second I thought that was a fine deal..

But then.. I don't think it changes anything.

The people that wanted a PS3 already have one. The price isn't going to change anything.

BD players are cheaper than 280 EUR, so why get it? Perhaps if LA Noire ever comes.. then I might just have a reason, but otherwise I can't see it making any difference for console people... I still see the 360 as the superior system, and coming in at just 250 EUR, why not? With 60 per year for that damned live though..

btw, I still don't own any of these systems and don't want to either.

Perhaps a 360 at some point to stream movies to a TV though, but only for that then.

And don't see this as a rant. Just want to say that the new PS3 pricepoint isn't going to do miracles..

Two words.

Holiday season.

• 1 month later...