iPhone

GTAPlanet

I like it now, the latest version 3GS actually has decent features. I thought the previous versions were awful and so far behind in terms of technology. I think that's mainly because phones in Europe in Asia are so far ahead though. For the US it was fine because there's nothing better available on their market.

Unfortunately it's far too expensive for me to justify buying.

Slightly off topic but am I right in thinking that in the USA you have to PAY to RECEIVE phone calls. LOL, imagine that. Like someone needs to get in contact with you and you have no credit. Then they die. Stupid.

the 2G and 3G could overcharge and overheat very quickly

this was fixed in the 3GS thank god

also yeah chris, we get charged for recieving calls and texts! its stupid, especially since so many people text nowadays they assume you cab recieve them. I have unlimited texts with AT&T but when I didnt, I would get so pissed when people would text me! its adds up quick!

@Steam: Yeah but, I mean when would you realistically have your phone in outside of a -20C to 45C temperature range. Unless you live in an insanely hot (or cold) country this is never going to be a problem. If you're stupid enough to leave your phone in a hot car (PROTIP: it will get stolen anyway) then who cares it's your own fault.

@GTAP: LOL that sucks, more so if you're popular and always have people texting/phoning you. Luckily that's not the case for me, and luckily I don't live in a country that has such bad phone plans.

I like it now, the latest version 3GS actually has decent features. I thought the previous versions were awful and so far behind in terms of technology. I think that's mainly because phones in Europe in Asia are so far ahead though. For the US it was fine because there's nothing better available on their market.

I liked the iPhone aesthetically, but the fact that Apple failed in making it good from day one kept me from fully appreciating one.

also yeah chris, we get charged for recieving calls and texts! its stupid, especially since so many people text nowadays they assume you cab recieve them. I have unlimited texts with AT&T but when I didnt, I would get so pissed when people would text me! its adds up quick!

You do? That must be the reason why I find it better to use a cellphone in the Philippines instead.

+

I don't give cash for expensive phones, i'd rather get a PC with the cash the iPhone is NOT worth of.

I think it looks awesome, the next gen phone but it's so damn expensive! :o

I'd rather buy a laptop than that and just have a phone that can do internet stuff

Nextgen?BULLSHIT.

iPhone is not a worthy opponent of Nokia and SE.

SE outperforms the iPhone and N97 with the Xperia, which is way better than the iPhone.What do you use iPhone for, the apps?Idiots.

Edited by Sтεαм.

+

I don't give cash for expensive phones, i'd rather get a PC with the cash the iPhone is NOT worth of.

I'd rather buy a laptop than that and just have a phone that can do internet stuff

Nextgen?BULLSHIT.

SE outperforms the iPhone and N97 with the Xperia, which is way better than the iPhone.What do you use iPhone for, the apps?Idiots.

I think you're the idiot around here.

Seriously, why can't you just accept other peoples opinion little kid? I mean, yeah it may be expensive, it may look next gen, but obviously you sir haven't seen it's full features. If you have your iPhone and you're going out (Say in the bus heading to town or wherever), you can use the internet from your phone and go onto Facebook, like me, I use Facebook alot, so it would benefit me, even if I can't get full access to a PC. I don't know about TGTAP, but if I can get into it, then it's even better. And if you leave it in a boiling car (Like Chris said it can get stolen), then you're even much of an idiot than you think you are.

I used it before and I think it's a cool gagdet, yes it's hellishly expensive but if you earn alot of money either from work or wherever, then you can easily buy it, but then again, yes it may have those drawbacks, but really, it's a developing phone, in a few years time it could be even better. The iPhone is still young. Plus you're young, I don't know what a 12 year old would do with it, I mean for me I have so much mates who I'd prefer to spend time with and chatting with, so I'd use the iPhone for calling them, texting them. And if I feel really interested in to it, I may even make some of my own apps, which I may have to get the grasp of learning.

So really, it will keep you occupied, you need to try it out if you haven't used most of the good features. If you still think it's shit, fair enough. I can't argue with that, but at the end of the day, there are people who like it, and telling them it's shit isn't going to really make them think it's a rubbish phone.

200 USD.

Dude, if you noticed.I live in Macedonia, that's very far away from the US.

Phones are cheaper, but the iPhone is like 300 EUR here.

@TM: What, wireless or the provider's internet?

Every phone can do that.

I have my right to express my opinion, if you like it, i can't argue with that.

I state that it's bullshit and that's it for me.

Edited by Sтεαм.

Scott, the iPhone 3GS is £175 over here, on a 2 year contract at £35 a month.

24 * £35 = £840

+ £175 = £1015

That's £1015 ($1676) you're paying, and only for 2 years, and that's the cheapest contract. That's why it's not more popular around the rest of the world. In Europe and Asia the market is a lot stronger and there's much more competition here.

yer iPhone is really expensive

and there are a lot of things that have been left out that just killed it (i mean, killed it for me).

1. Bluetooth file transfer

2. Flash (camera)

3. Better camera than 3.2MP, im paying a shitload i expect 5MP or higher come on.

4. Remove the touchscreen :hurrhurr: and give it regular buttons. Sure, call me a whinger, but touchscreen shits me off so much. If in doubt, refer to Steam's sig. never mind he changed it. before it said a quote from me on MSN "whenever i see a touchscreen phone i just wanna grab it and jump on it til its dead" :P they are just annoying i dont care what technology bs it has, its a pain in the ass to use so much! imagine trying to SMS while drunk. impossible.

5. Too expensive

6. Until the 3GS , it couldn't record video. I mean, come ON!

But there are some really cool apps, the shazam one lol, but it doesnt know if its a nightclub it has no clue, it'll work for the radio (or ... i guess you could wait til the end and they say what just played). And has some fun games etc. Whoever said it was the next competitor to DS and PSP (someone said this) is dead wrong though. Playing games on it is doable, but without buttons it sucks.

I think N97 works well, since it's combo touchscreen + keyboard. And the fact it's Nokia, you'll know it will have bluetooth, a good camera, flash, video recording. But N97 is heaps expensive too lol.

The fact that I see so many people with iPhone, makes me want one even less.

Edited by WRX22B1998

^ woot another iPhone hater.

But, you get turned on on MP's?

Lol,i can write 8MP and still have quality like VGA.

I love SE, + if it's not too loud/not have a good camera, you can customize it with acoustics and camera drivers, and add patches(faster fast forward, different menu, Windows mobile on W910(but no touch screen) etc.

Edited by Sтεαм.

SE phones ftw :)

+

Nextgen?BULLSHIT.

When I meant by next gen was by the features like touchscreen and other cool apps not the iPhone itself :P

Sooner or later, everyone's gonna have one.