OMG! GTA IV Too slow after upgrading to N9600 :(

GTA Index

Hello guys,

i've read the minimum system requirements to run the GTA IV And i think My PC Is in the minimum requirements :

Memory RAM : 4.00 GB

Processor : Genuine Intel® CPU 2140 @ 1.60 GHz 1.60 GHz Dual Core

Graphic card: MSI Nvidia N9600 GT

I was having 8500GT Before and now i upgraded to N9600 GT But i can't under stand what's the problem, why it is running too slow it was not that slow when i had 8500GT and now when upgraded to a new Graphic card N9600 It's Too Slow to play.

please can any one tell me how to run GTA IV Properly ?

Thanks

Edited by GTA Index

yer but he said he was playing it fine before the upgrade ... or was he?

yer 1.6ghz dualcore is pretty average...if you change to something faster maybe like a e7300 or e8400 or even a e5200 performance will improve. 9600GT isnt exactly great by todays standards either. gta4 is a very demanding game.

make sure you go into the options and autoconfigure let it choose the settings. if you still run it slow, you gotta upgrade i guess.

What settings are you running the game at? Can you post your benchmarking result?

Are you using any commandlines? Have you tried the -memrestrict command?

Also, try deleting all files from your Settings folder. C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Also, uninstall your video drivers, use Driver Sweeper to remove all traces and reinstall them.

Btw, your CPU is below minimum requirement. If you do not wish to upgrade, you can overclock it upto 3 GHz, provided you have the adequate cooling, and you'll see a considerable increase in performance.

• 3 months later...