Noel Gallagher leaves Oasis

This follows the news that Noel Gallagher has reportedly quit Oasis, after claims he 'cannot work with his brother any longer'

The band's brothers have a long a chequered history of disputes, arguments and violence. Such incidents have, in the past been reconciled... but now looks to be a definitive end to one of the most influential British bands of the last 2 decades.

"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

Thusly, 3 upcoming tour dates have been cancelled, to the despair of fans, and claims that the band pulled out of a V festival performance due to Noels 'viral laryngitis' are under scrutiny.

What do you think this means for the future of Noel / Liam / Oasis / Music / Britain?

Discuss.

This has been waiting to happen for a while, I heard of Liam and Noel's fight before a show in France last night. I like some of Oasis's music but the band in reality does not have a lot of influence in Britain so it shan't have a huge impact - although enough to make it on to the news. It certainly will not have a huge impact at my school, most of my school, teachers and pupils inclusive, hate Oasis.

Edited by Thomas.