PlayStation 3 Unveiled, GTA4 Confirmed!

MaxPayne

From GTAGaming

PlayStation3 has *just* been unveiled by Sony at their pre-E3 press conference. The machine, which features a convex design not dissimilar to a refridgerator door, has been billed as "twice as powerful as Xbox 360" by Sony.

PlayStation 3 Technical Info

3.2Ghz "Cell" Processor

550Mhz "RSX" Graphical Processing Unit

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

Detatchable 2.5" Hard Disk Slot

In terms of software, Rockstar have confirmed that a Grand Theft Auto title will be released excusively for PlayStation 3. Whether this means it will never appear on Xbox 360/PC is still a mystery. No imagery was released from the game.

post-45-1116323441.jpg

I think that the new shape is ok but the color is all wrong. Just like the 360 it should be black and green and the PS3 should be black. Anyways. I cant wait. ***INFO*** heres a link to the page on IGN showing the colors (wich black is included) and the controllers WIH R NEW GOTDAMNIT! http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619/imgs_1.html

Edited by sandlercd_22

Calling this thing a beast is putting it lightly. That Cell processor, is so fuckin' powerful. Watching the E3 coverage was amazing. During a commercial break, I spazzed.

It's SLOWLY growing on me, I still don't fully like the design. The controller, is absolutely HIDEOUS. I HATE it.

For all you Xbox Fan-Boys, you have been dealt quite a big plate of PWN. How does it taste?

If you don't know why, then go ahead and continue wondering while I gaze with amaze((I know, it should be amazement but that doesn't rhyme)) at the beauty that's named, Playstation 3.

post-6-1116398437.jpg

Im ok with the design of the consol itself but the boomerang.....no no no. I might just go and buy a wireless PS2 controller when i get the PS3 and than ill be ok.

No you won't. Can't use PS2 controllers. You can't plug it into the wireless censor. :rolleyes:

Though, there are FOUR inputs for controllers. Bluetooth, which is what the controllers use. And that supports up to 7. USB 2.0((four of those on the front, two on the back)). WIFI, which is for PSP use. Yes, supposedly you can use the PSP as a controller. Weird. And something about IP. Really weird.

I'm already trying to save up for BOTH XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 because I hear that Tony Hawk's American Wasteland will stay on Ps2 but hey, I'm a Sony Fanboy for life plus it's coming out on XBOX 360 so I'm definitely getting that ALONG with Perfect Dark 2. Both their specs seem really advanced, I can't wait.

If they were to create this new GTA game..

I wonder...

Will they use up all 54GB disc space of the BD-ROM or just a few GB? (5-10GB)

Remember this.. They didn't use the full DVD space for GTA:SA... I'm hoping they take up at least 40GB..

Oh and... Cheers for Sony! For their new and totally awesome console. The PS3 is truly a next generation PlayStation console, with all those features that I can't name, including an online system. Unlike the Xbox 360, I claim it to be more like an Xbox 1.5. It's just like an expansion from the original Xbox. Sorry, Xbox fans...