General Gaming Boss Objectives and Updates

Mpilk901

Hey everyone,

I am the forum boss for the General Gaming section. For more information on forum bosses, click here.

What I plan to do

What I'd like to do to this section of the forum is:

• to help support everyone's opinion on games and consoles
  • to help people with games and any problems they may have
  • to supply the section with links guiding to game guides, gaming news, cheats, reviews and more

I don't like to see people saying that a certain person's (for example) console choice is 'rubbish'. If you want to voice your opinion then you are free to do so as long as it is in an acceptable manner and attitude.

It is fine to debate and compare games, in fact I encourage it. But as I have noticed in a few topics this has gotten out of hand and people have begun to insult one another. If I see this then I will help to get the discussion back on track. Please try to remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But enough from me, is there anything you would like to see for this section? If so then please leave a post or PM me suggesting anything that could be done and I will do my best to see that it happens.

Thanks for reading,

Mpilk901.

• 1 month later...

Small change here, I've changed the topic title for the official Wii discussion topic to 'Official Nintendo Discussion'. I have also re-named the PS3 topic to 'Official Playstation Discussion' and the Xbox live topic to 'Official Xbox Discussion'. This way the three topics look more organised in the pinned section and it also means that discussion for any Nintendo, Playstation or Xbox related products can be discussed in these. If anybody has any complaints then please PM me.

• 1 month later...

A bit late in posting this but I un-pinned the console and the 'What are you currently playing?' topics as there was 6 pinned topics and it made the general gaming section look un-tidy and hides away the more recently made topics. I may pin them again if enough people request it.

Remember to post any suggestions which you think could help make this section of the forum better in this topic if you have any!

• 2 months later...

A few small changes. I feel like I'd been neglecting the general gaming section so I thought I'd have a look and see what I could improve!

• Re-pinned the 'Official Playstation Discussion' topic due to recent activity and I also thought that some people may have wanted this re-pinned as it used to be fairly popular.
  • Re-pinned the 'What are you currently playing?' topic as I thought it was a topic which needed to become active again as I always found it interesting to see what everyone else is playing at the moment.
  • Un-pinned this topic as it's not really important and is only useful when I post an update. I try to have as little as possible pinned topics as it generally makes this section of the forum look a little bit more tidy.

I didn't re-pin all of the different console topics purely for the reason that they don't exactly get posted in often enough. If I see that they are regularly active or if people suggest that they are re-pinned then I will happily re-pin them.

Remember that I'm trying to make the General Gaming section as enjoyable as it can be for YOU, so please either PM me your suggestions or leave them in a post in this topic.