Aussie girl a mum at just 12

Greensabre13.

When this man’s daughter told him she was pregnant, they clung together and wept. Now he tells of his fear that his little girl – who has never even played with dolls – is ill-equipped to cope with a baby of her own. Little more than a child herself, this 12-year-old Australian girl is quickly learning the stark realities of motherhood.

The pre-teen has become one of the youngest mothers in the nation after giving birth last month to a baby boy in her home town in regional New South Wales.

While other girls her age are counting down to the school holidays, she has just begun a daunting education in how to care for, bathe and breastfeed her newborn baby.

Her concerned father says these tasks won’t come easy for a girl who is desperately ill-equipped to deal with the demands of raising a child. “She is only a baby herself and now she’s got a baby,” he tells Woman’s Day in an exclusive interview.

“She hasn’t got any maternal instincts at all. She never even played with dolls when she was younger. She never played at being a mummy. This breaks my heart.”

Along with the emotional demands of having a baby at such a young age, her father is also worried about the physical impact the birth has had on his daughter – and reveals she had an emergency caesarean.

“It was early,” he says. “They had to perform an emergency caesarean because she had high blood pressure. She was petrified but came through OK.”

He admits his daughter, who can’t be identified for legal reasons, has received a mass of support – along with baby clothes and toys – from family and friends, but fears that will count for little when the full enormity of what lies ahead finally hits home.

Her profile picture on social networking site Facebook displayed an exuberant young girl with laughing eyes, but her father says the cheeky smile has begun to fade after three weeks as she struggles with the demands of being a mother.

Source: NineMSN

Update:

A 12-year-old girl in Australia who became pregnant with her 15-year-old live-in boyfriend's child has given birth to a baby boy with the help of an emergency caesarean.

The New South Wales Department of Community Services (DoCS) apologised earlier this year when it was found that the girl's father had warned authorities his daughter and her boyfriend were sleeping together at her mother's house.

@warrior13: Do you really believe that the so-called 2012 apocalypse will really happen? This 'Planet X' colliding with Earth? If a collision like that were to happen, someone would have taken note of it over the last decade and you'd be able to see it by now. Another point to be made is that the Mayan calendar doesn't actually end on December 21st, 2012, as another period begins directly afterwards. This theory was actually meant to happen in May, 2003, but the date was moved to coincide with the Mayan calendar becuse NOTHING HAPPENED. Even the modern Mayans say nothing is going to happen, just that the doomsday theory is "what is perceived as a Western distortion of their traditions and beliefs."

Enough about that.

Edited by Greensabre13.

@Warrior: That clears things up...but why the hell would a 15 year old try to hit an 11 year old? And why would her father let it happen? I'm 18, my GF's 17.. if her stepdad found out (after 2 and a half years of us being together :/) he'd fucking stab me repeatedly, and feed my corpse to swans. Her dad's as much at fault as anyone here.

Another pre-teen pregnancy? This shit happens too often nowadays.

Yeah your right too often, a girl at my school had a child at 16 and that was bad so 12 is going to be much more worse.

The thing about things like this is the only person who is in the middle of all the crap is the child itself, he/she is going to suffer the most. They should bring more stricter laws for teenage pregnancy because the current ones aren't working.

We had a girl who had an abortion at 12 in our school.

At least she doesn't needs to suffer, right?

Yeah your right too often, a girl at my school had a child at 16 and that was bad so 12 is going to be much more worse.

The thing about things like this is the only person who is in the middle of all the crap is the child itself, he/she is going to suffer the most. They should bring more stricter laws for teenage pregnancy because the current ones aren't working.

Indeed.

Why has her dad...

1) Not killed the father of the child?

Why has she...

1) Fucked someone aged 10 (or 11)?

2) Ruined her life?

With the exception of the one I took out, these are the exact questions that entered my mind when I read this.:unsure:

That's screwed up.

Edited by Raybob

In the UK though, if you have a baby young you can claim benefits and get a nice new flat to live in rent free. I think thats why many do it or they are just stupid girls who don't know how to use protection.

EX- fucking - ZACTLY

This is the biggest problem plaguing Britain today. I could, in theory, move out of my parent's house now, and claim benefits because I'm in full time education. I'd have my own place, a steady, comfortable income of money, and I've done....nothing to deserve it. All i'd have to do is go down to the dole office once a week and say 'yeh i went to de job center i did bu the man sed i mite not be hav a job coz i mite have not got brain so can not work wiv masheeens cos sumwun mitye diiie.' Makes me fuckin' angry thinking about it.

In the UK though, if you have a baby young you can claim benefits and get a nice new flat to live in rent free. I think thats why many do it or they are just stupid girls who don't know how to use protection.

EX- fucking - ZACTLY

This is the biggest problem plaguing Britain today. I could, in theory, move out of my parent's house now, and claim benefits because I'm in full time education. I'd have my own place, a steady, comfortable income of money, and I've done....nothing to deserve it. All i'd have to do is go down to the dole office once a week and say 'yeh i went to de job center i did bu the man sed i mite not be hav a job coz i mite have not got brain so can not work wiv masheeens cos sumwun mitye diiie.' Makes me fuckin' angry thinking about it.

And that's exactly what our country is moving towards too......

And you know what, I have a great idea that would have prevented this whole problem. DON'T FRIEKING DO IT!

Edited by Raybob

EX- fucking - ZACTLY

Agree with both of you there 100%, theres too many benefit thieves and its far too easy to claim benefits these days. EMA (education Maintenance Allowance) must be one of the worst. Just because you have a child at a young age it does not mean you can take lots of money off the government, especially when most of the mothers live with their parents anyway.

@Warrior: That clears things up...but why the hell would a 15 year old try to hit an 11 year old? And why would her father let it happen? I'm 18, my GF's 17.. if her stepdad found out (after 2 and a half years of us being together :/) he'd fucking stab me repeatedly, and feed my corpse to swans. Her dad's as much at fault as anyone here.

It happened at her mother's house, it says.

That really should be the case with how our young are in today's society. They can't cope with this shit.

That's fucked up.

No, that's life. I understand, you're a conservative republican Christian... But with how fucked up our society is, a child at 12 does NOT need to happen.

I went to college 5 times a day and at one point six days a week. That £20 a week was all I had, jobs wouldn't accept me.

Even if you had a job it would be like one day a week and that wouldn't cover your schooling.

She needs to be fucking shot.

Agreed.

No, that's life. I understand, you're a conservative republican Christian... But with how fucked up our society is, a child at 12 does NOT need to happen.

And you know what, I have a great idea that would have prevented this whole problem. DON'T FRIEKING DO IT!

Point and case. ;)

Not really. Both the baby (when she'll grow up) will suffer, both the mum.

Imagine, the kid will have parental convention in school. Then she brings her mom. A 24 year old mom. Seriously, mental damage.

Point and case. ;)

Edited by Raybob