Aussie girl a mum at just 12

Greensabre13.

No, that's life. I understand, you're a conservative republican Christian... But with how fucked up our society is, a child at 12 does NOT need to happen.

And you know what, I have a great idea that would have prevented this whole problem. DON'T FRIEKING DO IT!

Point and case. ;)

Not really. Both the baby (when she'll grow up) will suffer, both the mum.

Imagine, the kid will have parental convention in school. Then she brings her mom. A 24 year old mom. Seriously, mental damage.

And you know what, I have a great idea that would have prevented this whole problem. DON'T FRIEKING DO IT!

Point and case. ;)

Yes honey, but life doesn't always happen like that. Y'know, we wouldn't have to have death row if people just didn't kill each other. Hell, if there was absolutely not crime, we wouldn't need a police force. Guess what? That. Is. Life.

Yes honey, but life doesn't always happen like that. Y'know, we wouldn't have to have death row if people just didn't kill each other. Hell, if there was absolutely not crime, we wouldn't need a police force. Guess what? That. Is. Life.

You don't think that this girl's parents could have stopped their 11-year old from dating (and doing it with) this 15-year old kid?

And besides, abortion is killing the baby. Did the baby do anything? No. Did the mom? Yes. So it makes sense that the baby loses its life and the Mom is off the hook? :huh:

Edited by Raybob

You don't think that this girl's parents could have stopped their 11-year old from dating (and doing it with) this 15-year old kid?

And besides, abortion is killing the baby. Did the baby do anything? No. Did the mom? Yes. So it makes sense that the baby loses its life and the Mom is off the hook? :huh:

It may make more sense to the mother in a minute than it would to you in your entire life.

It may make more sense to the mother in a minute than it would to you in your entire life.

OK, to Bear and Spaz. Live with the consequences of your actions, or do the baby a favor and put it up for adoption. Or, go back to my original idea:

Just don't do it in the first place!

But MY point is that the mother committed a crime. (It is against the law for any person under 18 to have sexual intercourse in the US. In Australia or England, no clue) She needs to be punished, the baby has never done anything wrong. So by abortion, the Mom gets off the hook and the baby loses it life. If the mother is dumb enough to have sex at 11, then she needs to face the consequences that come along with it, rather than take the life of an innocent baby so that she can get away with a crime. Abortion is just another load of American Bullcrap designed to help people get away with shit.

And honestly, I think abortion is wrong, you think it's OK. I'm pretty sure that no matter what I say, I can't convince you it's wrong, and vice versa. Since this conversation clearly doesn't belong here, (And isn't really going anywhere) let's just agree to disagree. I've made my point, you've made yours.

Edited by Raybob

I personally don't think it is the mother's fault at all. That girl is still way to young to understand the long term consequences to her actions. She should have had an abortion. This is something that is going to mess her up for the rest of her life. It is a little irresponsible as a parent to let your child have and take care of a child that young, its like the 9 year old over here two years ago.

And what punishment is the father getting? No one mentioned HIM being there helping her with the child. He gets to go on and live his life, and somewhere down the road (if they can find him once he is legal) will pay a small amount in child support. Big punishment there.

Also, the parents should have never let their 11 year old daughter date a 15 year old in the first place. Around the age of 15 teens tend to go into a sex craze, hence the reason for all the unwed teenage mothers. If either of their parents knew they were dating they should be charged for neglect of the welfare of a minor.

Oh, and by the way Raybob, the age of consent in America varies, but here it is 16 as long as the other person is not over the age of 23.

The fathers usually get away with having a normal life which is unfair as he created that baby too, so he should care for the baby. His parents should pay support to the mother if he doesn't have a job yet.

Its all very nice saying adoption is better but in the UK adoption is incredibly hard, perfectly decent couples are rejected because they may have a glass of whiskey every evening or are overweight. So many children end up being placed in one foster home after another.

They could've. Possibly. But no one is perfect. Again, no crime means no police force. Unfortunately that just doesn't always happen.

Quit spewing your bullshit about abortion being murder. Guess what dear? Only like-minded whiny conservatives bitch about abortion being wrong. NO ONE ELSE DOES. Let's take majority vote there and assume you're on the losing end. No one said the mom is off the hook. Hell, the child is off the hook of living a shitty life. Sounds like a win-win if you ask me.

So many children end up being placed in one foster home after another.

Even if this was ALWAYS the case, would you rather do that or be dead?

Dead. And guess what? Ask some of those children who aren't being adopted. Bet I can tell you what the majority would answer. I've actually seen them interviewed. I've heard them say they'd choose death over a life like that. So instead of speaking for people, like you political extremists do, how about for once we ASK THEM THEIR OPINION.

Sometimes abortion is the only option. In the first few weeks the baby is just a bean, no pain to be felt. I don't agree with women who use abortion as birth control (yes some people are really that stupid) or aborting a baby at 5 months because they don't want it anymore. But there are cases where abortion is the only option. I think an eleven year old who is pregnant should have an abortion, why punish a baby who would probably have a crappy upbringing and not much of a life. Think at 19 the child would be 7 that is just wrong. I know someone who came from a teen pregancy (Mum was 16) but she is at uni, she is a lucky one though.

Hell, the child is off the hook of living a shitty life. Sounds like a win-win if you ask me.

Even if this was ALWAYS the case, would you rather do that or be dead?

Dead.

:huh:

Oh, and let me define the word murder for you: One person taking the life of another human being.

I believe Abortion fits into that category. :)

Edited by Raybob

(It is against the law for any person under 18 to have sexual intercourse in the US. In Australia or England, no clue)

What the fuck are you talking about? The law is an 18 year old can't have sex with anyone 15 years of age or younger, then from 17 down it's different.

Not true. A 15 year old and a 15 year old is illegal.

But a fetus cannot live on its own, so technically it is getting rid of a parasite.

Well if you want to think that way, the baby is still as good as any adult human, since it will one day become one.

Where would we be now if Albert Einstein's mother had had an abortion when she was pregnant with him? (And yes, I know they didn't have abortions back then)

And you know what, if you don't want to get pregnant, then either use protection or don't do it at all. Actions have consequences. Don't take it out on others to save yourself.

Edited by Raybob

(It is against the law for any person under 18 to have sexual intercourse in the US. In Australia or England, no clue)

What the fuck are you talking about? The law is an 18 year old can't have sex with anyone 15 years of age or younger, then from 17 down it's different.

Not true. A 15 year old and a 15 year old is illegal.

FAIL.

But a fetus cannot live on its own, so technically it is getting rid of a parasite.

Well if you want to think that way, the baby is still as good as any adult human, since it will one day become one.

Where would we be now if Albert Einstein's mother had had an abortion when she was pregnant with him? (And yes, I know they didn't have abortions back then)

Where would we be if Hitler's mother had aborted him?

Parasite: Biology. An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

Yeah, sounds pretty much like a fetus to me.

And you know what, if you don't want to get pregnant, then either use protection or don't do it at all. Actions have consequences. Don't take it out on others to save yourself.

The baby is no where near as good as any adult human. It cannot lift, gather, hunt, protect, hide, etc. It has absolutely ZERO survival skills. So no, not as good as any.

If Albert Einstein's mother had aborted him, then we would've never had an Albert Einstein. No one would really notice either way considering how we'd have no memory of him. What, really, was your point there?

And we don't give kids((especially in America)) ANY proper sexual education. We just preach "WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE MARRIED OR YOU'LL BE A UNWED TEENAGE WHORE OF A MOTHER WITH AIDS AND SYPHILIS!!!!" instead of actually teaching safe sex practices. Guess what? That's the republicans who prefer that method of teaching.

Where would we be if Hitler's mother had aborted him?

Damn Llama, you caught me. I will admit, that is a place (and probably the only) when I believe abortion would be appropriate.

But you didn't answer my question. :)

No, he threw a question back on you. You, agreeing with his point, gave him the opportunity to ask you yet another question like that. If you continuously answer yes, his point is made and yours becomes irrelevant.

Things are only illegal if you get caught doing them.

@Bear: My mum told me the other day that sex ed at the school where she works is being taught to kids as young as year 2. Except they call it 'personal relationships'.

Why even bother asking that question? You know they didn't have abortions back then, so you clearly know your statement is therefore false and, to put it simply, utter bollocks.

Edited by Greensabre13.

Update:

A 12-year-old girl in Australia who became pregnant with her 15-year-old live-in boyfriend's child has given birth to a baby boy with the help of an emergency caesarean.

The New South Wales Department of Community Services (DoCS) apologised earlier this year when it was found that the girl's father had warned authorities his daughter and her boyfriend were sleeping together at her mother's house.

@warrior13: Do you really believe that the so-called 2012 apocalypse will really happen? This 'Planet X' colliding with Earth? If a collision like that were to happen, someone would have taken note of it over the last decade and you'd be able to see it by now. Another point to be made is that the Mayan calendar doesn't actually end on December 21st, 2012, as another period begins directly afterwards. This theory was actually meant to happen in May, 2003, but the date was moved to coincide with the Mayan calendar becuse NOTHING HAPPENED. Even the modern Mayans say nothing is going to happen, just that the doomsday theory is "what is perceived as a Western distortion of their traditions and beliefs."

Enough about that.

No, I don't believe it's gonna happen, it was just a joke. :)

We have loads of sex ed over here, yet it keeps on happening.

100% agree I think sex education doesn't really help all that much. I mean telling someone something doesn't mean they'll listen. It is quite difficult to sort out the problem that is 'teen pregnancies', I personally blame the media, it's too easy nowadays for teenagers to access sexual content, having said that it would be very difficult to stop them.

Quite surprised that there are a lot of pro-abortion people on here, I am kinda 50/50 on abortion. I mean if the girl (the 11 yr old girl) did have an abortion, I dont think i would be as simple of getting rid of the baby and then its over, the girl might not be able to get over the emotional and mental scars left behind which kinda means having the abortion won't mean everythings rosy. Having said that if she did have the kid (like the aussie girl has) it has changed her life dramatically, but in this case I think the child will be ok partly because she will be living with her father who will help raise the baby so this is kinda one of the better outcomes.

Update:

A 12-year-old girl in Australia who became pregnant with her 15-year-old live-in boyfriend's child has given birth to a baby boy with the help of an emergency caesarean.

The New South Wales Department of Community Services (DoCS) apologised earlier this year when it was found that the girl's father had warned authorities his daughter and her boyfriend were sleeping together at her mother's house.

@warrior13: Do you really believe that the so-called 2012 apocalypse will really happen? This 'Planet X' colliding with Earth? If a collision like that were to happen, someone would have taken note of it over the last decade and you'd be able to see it by now. Another point to be made is that the Mayan calendar doesn't actually end on December 21st, 2012, as another period begins directly afterwards. This theory was actually meant to happen in May, 2003, but the date was moved to coincide with the Mayan calendar becuse NOTHING HAPPENED. Even the modern Mayans say nothing is going to happen, just that the doomsday theory is "what is perceived as a Western distortion of their traditions and beliefs."

Enough about that.

No, I don't believe it's gonna happen, it was just a joke. :)

Oh well, gave me a reason to say something about it :P

I believe the age of 11 is too young to be having an abortion, let alone having sex. Agreed with Sylar about the mental/emotional scars of having to choose to get rid of your baby, but if she chose to keep the baby then she would have support from her father, which would help, I imagine.

Quite surprised that there are a lot of pro-abortion people on here, I am kinda 50/50 on abortion.

I'm not pro-abortion, I'm pro-choice. I would probably not have an abortion myself except in an extreme situation.... However, I do not believe that this is enough to dictate the rest of the world into doing exactly what I do. If anyone wishes to twist what I just said in order to shove a finger at me and yell "MURDER SUPPORTER!", go ahead. But I clearly only support a singular individual's right to choose.