GTASA Save Directory Issue

Cj San

Ok so recently I modded my GTA SA with the X files mod, But that's not the problem.

I made a copy of the GTA SAN ANDREAS folder in the rockstar directory so that if i messed up any files like the GTA3 Image i can go to that perfect copy of SA and get it back. It would also serve as an original SA if i ever felt like playing the regular game. Anyway when i did this my save file directory must of got messed up cause when i saved in the Original San andreas the saves would not appear in the User files section. The saves from the modded San andreas would but no the ones from the Original.

So my question is, How do i make it so that San Andreas will put its save files in the Userfile section again.

(The problem is that it saves but i don't know where the save files go. I would prefer they be in the usefiles)

Or i guess if you tell me where san andreas sends them if they can't put em in userfiles that would be nice too.

Ok so recently I modded my GTA SA with the X files mod, But that's not the problem.

I made a copy of the GTA SAN ANDREAS folder in the rockstar directory so that if i messed up any files like the GTA3 Image i can go to that perfect copy of SA and get it back. It would also serve as an original SA if i ever felt like playing the regular game. Anyway when i did this my save file directory must of got messed up cause when i saved in the Original San andreas the saves would not appear in the User files section. The saves from the modded San andreas would but no the ones from the Original.

So my question is, How do i make it so that San Andreas will put its save files in the Userfile section again.

(The problem is that it saves but i don't know where the save files go. I would prefer they be in the usefiles)

Or i guess if you tell me where san andreas sends them if they can't put em in userfiles that would be nice too.

I do not believe you can have two RockStar GTA San Andreas (Installed games) on one hard drive. When you allow the game to install auto install (using cd) it creates the GTA User Files folder. So you only have the one save files folder in (usually) in "my documents".

Not being a smart mouth, and I am sure you know that. But may need to install the game and your OS on two separate hard drives using the install cd, I am not sure becuase I have heard of installs or re-installs on one hard drive,

and the person now has 3-4 games San Andreas games but I do not know if you can actually install another San Andreas and have it use the same save file folder. Two hard drives would allow each game to have a GTA save files folder. I realize you COPIED the GTA Install Folder to make copies or backups so you have ALL the files. But I do not believe that the game will work as a copy and will not use the save files folder.

So simply I do not think the game will allow you to take or make a copy from the original install folder, and share the Save File Folder, there may be registry files attached to the game files once the cd writes the folders and files, this prevents you or anyone else, from trying to give the game out, so you need to buy an original game cd, to be able to play and save the game.

I believe all games have been this way for several years, some will not allow you to copy any files or the entire install folder, other will but have attached files that get written as the game installs, and any attempt to copy them will sometimes give you a warning window saying there are attached files that will be lost if you continue to try and copy or move the files, and some do not.

I will add even if you copied the install folder, to the same hard drive directory

on your computer, the copy may work and you can play the game, but it will not save it. It will bring up the save icon screen, and allow you to believe it will save your game, but it does not and you are not going to find any save files any where on your computer other then the User File Folder.

Edited by SmokinRE4