X-mas list

Bar27262

'Tis a bit early to start writing up Xmas lists, I think. Still, I'd want a few TV show boxsets, eg Friends and Only Fools and Horses, some PSN vouchers, couple of games, photography equipment, and maybe a few other things. Haven't really thought about it but those have been swimming through my mind in recent weeks.

I have not make up a list of things I want or even give hints to my parents about things I am interested in getting since I was 9.

If they want to give me a gift on a holiday they can actually listen to me year round to find out what I want/need. What is the surprise if you know everything you are going to get? Also, why deal with disappointment if you didn't get what you wanted?

My mother has actually gotten quite good at getting me things I like (but I partially believe this has something to do with her intimidating it out of Spaz >.>). My father tries his best, but we don't speak all the often, unfortunately.

To me this shows more love and caring than just asking the person what they want.

Thus being said, I hate trying to find a gift for someone when I don't know what they want. I am sure that is karma getting back at me.

I think anticipation is the best part really. Most people know what gifts they're going to get, so it's the anticipation that keeps you going. If you don't tell them what you'd like, they'll just get you shit that you'll take back to the shops, more often than not, or things you already own. I'd rather know what I'll be getting and be happy, than not knowing what I'll get, with the added gift of surprise, and having to get refunds for the gifts.

I think anticipation is the best part really. Most people know what gifts they're going to get, so it's the anticipation that keeps you going. If you don't tell them what you'd like, they'll just get you shit that you'll take back to the shops, more often than not, or things you already own. I'd rather know what I'll be getting and be happy, than not knowing what I'll get, with the added gift of surprise, and having to get refunds for the gifts.

Yeah, but does anyone think santa's real?

You have missed my point entirely, sir. If someone cares about you enough to get you a gift they should know what you like, want, and need. In the past nine years that I haven't told anybody what I wanted for any holiday I have only taken two items back. In both cases it was a dvd that both my parents happened to get me.

You have missed my point entirely, sir. If someone cares about you enough to get you a gift they should know what you like, want, and need. In the past nine years that I haven't told anybody what I wanted for any holiday I have only taken two items back. In both cases it was a dvd that both my parents happened to get me.

It was an opinion. :rolleyes: And either your parents are mind readers, or you're really easy to please.

It was an opinion. :rolleyes: And either your parents are mind readers, or you're really easy to please.

You said most people know what they're going to get. That's an opinion? Could of sworn it was a generalization. I think it's time for someone to tell YOU to stop being ridiculous.