My Img.tool isn't working :s

Pocoyo

Hi everyone =)

I've got a couple of questions. My img.tool isn't working right, when I used it in the first time it went well, then I had to re-install the game and now it's not replacing anything... Can you tell me why?

And can I mod a car that I'm not supposed to? Like, insted of moding a turismo into a BMW, can I mod a sentinel?

Thanks for reading ;)

Hi everyone =)

I've got a couple of questions. My img.tool isn't working right, when I used it in the first time it went well, then I had to re-install the game and now it's not replacing anything... Can you tell me why?

And can I mod a car that I'm not supposed to? Like, insted of moding a turismo into a BMW, can I mod a sentinel?

Thanks for reading ;)

You have to re-install the IMG tool, I have had problems with the IMG tool after re-installing the game, and sometime it works fine after,I yet again had to re-re-installing the game. You say it worked before, so re-installing the IMG tool should be the only thing you need to do.

However with Windows Vista, the IMG tool has had problems running. There are solutions for it tho, but again you said it ran fine before you had to re-install the game.

You can replace any car you want, I would keep in mind one thing tho, how many doors does the MOD have, and how many doors does the original vehicle in the game have.

You also (obviously) need to make sure you rename the 'mods .dff amd .txd' files to that vehicle.

I downloaded the 69Camaro, and the 71? chevelle, and replaced out the Infernus, and the Alpha, both the mod and the original cars have two doors. The designs of the cars or much, much different, but it did not effect the modded vehicles, other then how they get damaged in wrecks, which parts break off, but that is it.

The vehicles, that the mod maker named and suggested, were I think the Sabre and the Buffalo. But I hated how these two cars handled, even with the replacing the handling with the 'suggested handling' readme file.

Edited by SmokinRE4

Thanks a lot ;) I've re-instaled the Imgtool and now it's working just fine

About the handling that you mention I don't even dare to mess with it anymore, last time I broke the game :S

I figured as much about the doors thing in the car mods, now I can have two cars that were made to mod the same one ^^

I'll see ya in the next doubt I have lol

Edited by Pocoyo

Thanks a lot ;) I've re-instaled the Imgtool and now it's working just fine

About the handling that you mention I don't even dare to mess with it anymore, last time I broke the game :S

I figured as much about the doors thing in the car mods, now I can have two cars that were made to mod the same one ^^

I'll see ya in the next doubt I have lol

Good to hear, anytime you need help there is always someone on here that can answer most if not all problems you have.

The handling had been a problem for me, but I now have it figured out. Now I can set the handling the way I like it. I have the 69 camaro set up as a extremely fast car, similar speed as the "" NRG-500 stunt handling MOD "". It took time to set up the suspension, and the traction settings so you can actually control it.