GTA SA wont load saved games

GCoach

I downloaded a saved game and whenever i try to load it it crashes after load screen but when i load a game I started it works just fine. I also have windows vista if that has anything to do with it.

Does the game normally work correctly?

It could just be a corrupt saved game.

And you bought the game legally correct? If you didn't it could be the cause.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded a saved game and whenever i try to load it it crashes after load screen but when i load a game I started it works just fine. I also have windows vista if that has anything to do with it.

What is the version of the San Andreas you have? You need to find a saved game file that is from the same version.

I have 4 ideas...

1. You have a script mod that isn't compatible with the save game...

2. The save game is corrupt...

3. Version 1.1 of the game...?

4. The game is damn broken and tries to annoy you (doubt it).

Edited by TUN3R

• 4 weeks later...

I had this problem on version 1.0

its probably a version from a diffrent country (IE, you are using EU version and they are using the american version)

Just remember not all save games will work, and remember to delete your GTA_set before you place a new save game in.

just continue searching for a better, compatible one.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this problem but i had it working until i reformatted my hard drive and just recently reinstalled it and now its not even showing any saved games i download but can load my originals. I had v2 and downgraded to v1 and I am im copying it to the right folder but it just doesnt show it at all when i try to load it in the game. It seems like the game is set up to read it from a different directory cause when I delete all the files in my GTA San Andreas User Files folder i can still load my original game save.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...