Thinks I torrented it

roni14

I got GTA IV from Direct2Drive this weekend, installed it, and entered my activation key, but I keep getting the wobbly cam and leadfoot errors. After googling it, I removed the GTAIVGDF.dll file, which fixed it for a while, but when I tried playing it again today, they came back. Can someone help?

I also want to be able to play online, so I don't want to do the RGSC offline thing.

EDIT: I fixed it by revoking the activation code, and then reactivating the game.

Edited by roni14

I got GTA IV from Direct2Drive this weekend, installed it, and entered my activation key, but I keep getting the wobbly cam and leadfoot errors. After googling it, I removed the GTAIVGDF.dll file, which fixed it for a while, but when I tried playing it again today, they came back. Can someone help?

I also want to be able to play online, so I don't want to do the RGSC offline thing.

Did you pay money for it in a legal way?

We don't offer support for those who don't buy games legally.

I'd say go over to a BestBuy and buy the game legally for $30.

Edited by Raybob

Yes, I did. Direct2Drive is pretty much like steam. It's a service where you buy games (yes, legally) to download. It's part of the IGN network of sites. Everything I did was legal, and I could even post a sceeenshot of the recipt if need be to convince you of the fact I did nothing illegal, or to harm rockstar games.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I did. Direct2Drive is pretty much like steam. It's a service where you buy games (yes, legally) to download. It's part of the IGN network of sites. Everything I did was legal, and I could even post a sceeenshot of the recipt if need be to convince you of the fact I did nothing illegal, or to harm rockstar games.

They may not be officialy supported by Rockstar so they had to create their own download and that's why it's screwed up.