GTA: Capitol City

Bar27262

Police -

- When you kill a police officer, SWAT, FBI, Police Biker. You get his uniform & ID card.

- When you steal a police car you can modify it in anyway you want. and when it gets stole back a radio broadcast will come on and say new police car design. and it will start appearing around the city.

- There are 8 stars, you can suggest on what happens in those stars.

Jail -

- You must break out in a cool minigame.

- You can escape in a variety of ways.

Health -

- If you die, you won't lose any money. because in game you can apply for health insurance.

- When you die. you wake up in a hospital bed. with doctors surrounding you.

Timeline:

- It starts in 1910 and goes up to 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Police -

- When you kill a police officer, SWAT, FBI, Police Biker. You get his uniform & ID card.

- When you steal a police car you can modify it in anyway you want. and when it gets stole back a radio broadcast will come on and say new police car design. and it will start appearing around the city.

Jail -

Health -

- If you die, you won't lose any money. because in game you can apply for health insurance.

Timeline:

Nice idea, I was thinking nearly the same thing!

So it goes up to 2010 - what happens then? The game ends?

People play the game at different speeds. Some people just hurry through the storyline and never play again. Some people hurry through the storyline then continue playing and RPing for years (like me). Some people just play slowly and don't bother with the storylines.

So if you played it quickly, and it got to 2010, would you be stuck in 2010? Cos you'd miss out on all the 1910 stuff after the first few missions (unless you replayed and lost everything).

So it goes up to 2010 - what happens then? The game ends?

People play the game at different speeds. Some people just hurry through the storyline and never play again. Some people hurry through the storyline then continue playing and RPing for years (like me). Some people just play slowly and don't bother with the storylines.

So if you played it quickly, and it got to 2010, would you be stuck in 2010? Cos you'd miss out on all the 1910 stuff after the first few missions (unless you replayed and lost everything).

They could do like they did in The Ballad of Gay Tony and let you go back and replay any mission unpon demand. This game would also let you select a time once you had beaten the game.

• 1 year later...

Meh. Don't know how to put this without being rude... it sucks.

Police -

The 1st idea seems more like Hitman than GTA. And you do realize that the main character has like 50 cops after him right? How the hell would he take a cop's clothes when he's being fired at from every direction?

I'm fine with tuning police cars, as long as every other vehicle can be customized.

8 stars? Why? Not necessary, only makes things complicated. 3 starts would be enough and 6 would be ideal.

Jail -

I'm down with that.

Health -

Not losing weapons is fine but not losing any money basically doesn't really give the player any reason to survive.

As for the hospital thing... really not necessary but, not really a bad idea ether.

Timeline:

- It starts in 1910 and goes up to 2011

I'm cool with that, except that it would probably involve at least 5 main characters, unless you wanna play as a mummy. So, nah.

Edited by TUN3R

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest MarlenesFutureDad

Police -

Jail -

Health -

Timeline:

It sounds like something I wanted for Grand Theft Auto IV years ago. It looks like two minds tend to think alike.

• 2 weeks later...

When your old, trusty Image host ain't workin' no more, it's time to update... I hate that ppl are so lax they don't keep up with the changing, fluid state of the Interwebs, just makes the thread look bad!

The cop car idea would never fly, the main issue Rockstar STILL face is based on building a map for the game, then placing the story into that map, it never fails to fall short of using the map fully, even with online additions, and some of that is now aiding single player, but GTA 6 should not revisit old map ideas, but still use the USA, I say up near Canada with more snow elements! Great Lakes region for bordering

Edited by BlackListedB

Guest MarlenesFutureDad

When your old, trusty Image host ain't workin' no more, it's time to update... I hate that ppl are so lax they don't keep up with the changing, fluid state of the Interwebs, just makes the thread look bad!

The cop car idea would never fly, the main issue Rockstar STILL face is based on building a map for the game, then placing the story into that map, it never fails to fall short of using the map fully, even with online additions, and some of that is now aiding single player, but GTA 6 should not revisit old map ideas, but still use the USA, I say up near Canada with more snow elements! Great Lakes region for bordering

A lot of good websites from back in the day (read: before 2007) are gone now. You can find about the good websites that died out a long time ago by going to a certain obituary page for them. Nowadays, the Internet is filled with shitty insurance sites, shitty commercial sites that sell shit for money, shitty social networking sites and shitty government sites that expect you to print things out with that expensive printer ink.

I feel that people who only went on the Internet after 2006 are not seeing the real Internet, just a commercialized airplane graveyard of what the Internet used to be. And more decent websites are dying out every day, being replaced with commercial crap that wants you to give our your e-mail address, credit card information and your physical address so that you can buy/rent their services. I believe that the purchasing and/or renting of services belong in a brick-and-mortar building, not the Internet.

Image hosting needs updating if a posting forum article does rely rather heavily upon them, most Webmasters and participants need to keep that in mind, since it can wreaK HAVOK on an active site, me thinks

I got online in 2001 or thereabouts, and I WAS LATE getting connected! WOW, 2006, the birth of dual core processing, basically

Edited by BlackListedB

Yeah, no one with a life of any kind is going to trawl through old Internet postings just to repost images that get deleted over time.

How does the placing the story in the map affect modding cop cars? I agree that player mods shouldn't become standard on every in-game vehicle (I'd prefer a randomized system like Saints Row 2 had), but the correlation between story and map has little, if anything, to do with modding cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand not everyone is privy to how up to date a forum or within....threads are being preserved, or too busy to take the time, but imagine a school or library not taking the time to update accuracy of it's information database, besides looking bad, and unprofessional, it serves as unjustly informing it's user base' and anyone hoping to be well informed, which is the heart of the Web, interconnected computers not only for interchange as telecommunication but archival information on all the World's topics, and believe you me, it's the number one go-to source, so it should be maintained in that manner, as best as possible.

Take the time, someone...being the goal of a good Webmaster

In regard to the cop cars, I'm not drawing a comparison there, I'm saying keep in mind what we do know about Rockstar's rather secretive game design and build steps, and what drives that and the results based on that workload direction and design. 

For example, if you go in to work at Rockstar building that dream game, your favorite idea maybe shot down in a meeting with the producers, Sam Houser made his own clear examples in previous magazine interviews [if not online]

In his prime case he had suggested filling car tanks with petrol that would run low with the car in use.

He was shot down by overwhelming vote or something like that.

That idea might still come to pass in the evolution of GTA...but is not seen as an important one, for me, more interiors, caves, and underground locations or similar make the non mission aspect of GTA that much more fun...and need immediate address STILL

As far as cop car design, one fact we do know is the color and any NYPD similarity was changed in light of the events of 9/11/01

That's rather well known in GTA-lore, and the series started as Race N' Chase ... with a simple cops and robbers theme, you as the good guy was changed to an anti-hero criminal on the rise... and thusly the infamous GTA was born!  Also key to the game is the late 90s turn to Sam and Dan Houser... DMA leading GTA would def have a different outcome in the game we know today

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 weeks later...

I understand not everyone is privy to how up to date a forum or within....threads are being preserved, or too busy to take the time, but imagine a school or library not taking the time to update accuracy of it's information database, besides looking bad, and unprofessional, it serves as unjustly informing it's user base' and anyone hoping to be well informed, which is the heart of the Web, interconnected computers not only for interchange as telecommunication but archival information on all the World's topics, and believe you me, it's the number one go-to source, so it should be maintained in that manner, as best as possible.

Take the time, someone...being the goal of a good Webmaster

You seriously compare old images posted on a web page to keeping a library or dictionary up-to-date? The absurdities that you type never cease to amaze me.

In regard to the cop cars, I'm not drawing a comparison there, I'm saying keep in mind what we do know about Rockstar's rather secretive game design and build steps, and what drives that and the results based on that workload direction and design. 

For example, if you go in to work at Rockstar building that dream game, your favorite idea maybe shot down in a meeting with the producers, Sam Houser made his own clear examples in previous magazine interviews [if not online]

In his prime case he had suggested filling car tanks with petrol that would run low with the car in use.

He was shot down by overwhelming vote or something like that.

That idea might still come to pass in the evolution of GTA...but is not seen as an important one, for me, more interiors, caves, and underground locations or similar make the non mission aspect of GTA that much more fun...and need immediate address STILL

As far as cop car design, one fact we do know is the color and any NYPD similarity was changed in light of the events of 9/11/01

That's rather well known in GTA-lore, and the series started as Race N' Chase ... with a simple cops and robbers theme, you as the good guy was changed to an anti-hero criminal on the rise... and thusly the infamous GTA was born!  Also key to the game is the late 90s turn to Sam and Dan Houser... DMA leading GTA would def have a different outcome in the game we know today

So, then, again explain to me how any of that is relevant to the suggestion of having player modifications to vehicles showing up as standard on all vehicles?

Edited by Trevor_Philips