Cartoons - a bad example for kids.

Damjan

Pinocchio - The maker of Pinocchio is a suspicious guy.He's over 60 y.o, lives with his cat and fish, makes dolls of boys, and then wants them to be alive. Ge-pedo.

Bambi - Although her mother had experience during a hunting season she still left her in the woods alone.And it was then adopted/ w/e by that creepy deer.

Dumbo - His mother gets all mad and shit and then Dumbo goes into a corner and drinks alcohol.Then birds who smoke teach him to fly.

Ariel - She is 16 y.o and yet wants to marry a guy.Mostly because of his money.

Lion King - Simba's mother yet lives with the brother of her passed away husband, and she makes her to bring him food.

Winnie Poo - He eats a lot of honey and doesn't wash his hands before that.Hasn't he heard for hygiene?

Snow White - She runs away from home and yet lives with 7 older men.

Just some pics for proof :P

From the poster of Little Mermaid of Disney:

mermaid.jpg

Scene from Lion King, compare the bottom reflection in the water with the above.

disneysex.jpg

Look through the window in the background.

resc1big.jpg

And yet people wonder why kids are so rude :)

Pinocchio...

Who comes up with stuff like this? I mean who has the time, or seriously worries about things like a cartoon bear not washing his hands?

From the poster of Little Mermaid of Disney:

Scene from Lion King, compare the bottom reflection in the water with the above.

Look through the window in the background.

Little Mermaid Story

Lion King Story

Rescuer's Story

They've all been out there for years.

Sadly people screw around with videos (especially years ago, Rescuers is over 30 years old). Don't think it makes for a bad influence though.

Edited by draftermatt

This is 'scandal' for scandal's sake. These things have NEVER demonstrably emotionally altered a child, NO child has ever gone 'why is that castle a penis, mommy?'. Cartoons nowadays are so fucking sterile that they do and teach less good than these, which apparently are all about bumming children and public nudity.

This is 'scandal' for scandal's sake. These things have NEVER demonstrably emotionally altered a child, NO child has ever gone 'why is that castle a penis, mommy?'. Cartoons nowadays are so fucking sterile that they do and teach less good than these, which apparently are all about bumming children and public nudity.

Like Bratz and all that overly sexual series for girls.

Cartoons nowadays are so fucking sterile that they do and teach less good than these

I know what you mean. I have a five year old nephew and whenever he's over we watch Sponge Bob (Dora and Diego are actually ok) not to mention the new Nick Toons.

They're funny because they're stupid and disgusting. Not funny because they're funny. My parents could sit and watch Rugrats or Doug and be entertained, Spongebob makes me want to shoot myself.

Cartoons nowadays are so fucking sterile that they do and teach less good than these

I know what you mean. I have a five year old nephew and whenever he's over we watch Sponge Bob (Dora and Diego are actually ok) not to mention the new Nick Toons.

They're funny because they're stupid and disgusting. Not funny because they're funny. My parents could sit and watch Rugrats or Doug and be entertained, Spongebob makes me want to shoot myself.

Rugrats.... And Doug.... Oh boy.... The good days of Nickelodeon.

But kids don't notice all that stuff.

Today we have commercials for condoms etc. on Nickelodeon (kids channel here).

Here's a shot from United 93 of what was typically in the Newark Airport.

United93.jpg

Now that's everyday stuff in a public place. Sad.

Rugrats.... And Doug.... Oh boy.... The good days of Nickelodeon.

I was always quite fond of Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, and the Wild Thornberrys from that era on Nick. :)

Edited by Raybob

I was always quite fond of Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, and the Wild Thornberrys from that era on Nick. :)

Oh yeah, they were pretty good too. They were like the 2nd era of Nicktoons, I was almost to the age of not watching Nick anymore when they came out.

The second era was the last time Nick was any decent at all. Come era three, they screwed up royally. REALLY badly when they made half of their shows live-action. Anyone remember "Snick"? Or the very short-lived "Nickelozone" during the second-third era?

Oh yeah, they were pretty good too. They were like the 2nd era of Nicktoons, I was almost to the age of not watching Nick anymore when they came out.

The second era was the last time Nick was any decent at all. Come era three, they screwed up royally. REALLY badly when they made half of their shows live-action. Anyone remember "Snick"? Or the very short-lived "Nickelozone" during the second-third era?

Never heard of it.

I still like some of their shows, namely iCarly and Spongebob. I used to like Drake and Josh and Jimmy Neutron too, but they canceled those. :(

Snick I remember quite well. If I recall Clarissa Explains it all ended up there, and it always ended with "Are you afraid of the Dark?"

Bear mentioned "All Grown Up" to me Rugrats flushed down the toilet when they brought it back and introduced Dill. I mean it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I think I could still sit down and watch Doug or the original Rugrats and be entertained.

When I switched to DirecTV from cable I was pleased to find I had a channel called Boomerang, which is all the classic cartoons. Scooby Doo (greatest cartoon ever), Looney Toons, Flinstones, Jetsons, etc.

So it's nice to know my kids will be able to see what a cartoon was meant to be. I was watching Looney Toons when my nephew came over the other day. He had never seen it, but he sat down and watched and was enthralled. He loved it.

Then later on we were watching Sponge Bob and he looked at me and asked if Scooby Doo was on because he'd rather watch that.

Pretty cool to see a 5 year old who just started seeing those cartoons recently want to sit down and watch them instead of "his" shows.

Edited by draftermatt

Snick I remember quite well. If I recall Clarissa Explains it all ended up there, and it always ended with "Are you afraid of the Dark?"

Bear mentioned "All Grown Up" to me Rugrats flushed down the toilet when they brought it back and introduced Dill. I mean it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I think I could still sit down and watch Doug or the original Rugrats and be entertained.

When I switched to DirecTV from cable I was pleased to find I had a channel called Boomerang, which is all the classic cartoons. Scooby Doo (greatest cartoon ever), Looney Toons, Flinstones, Jetsons, etc.

So it's nice to know my kids will be able to see what a cartoon was meant to be. I was watching Looney Toons when my nephew came over the other day. He had never seen it, but he sat down and watched and was enthralled. He loved it.

Then later on we were watching Sponge Bob and he looked at me and asked if Scooby-Doo was on because he'd rather watch that.

Pretty cool to see a 5 year old who just started seeing those cartoons recently want to sit down and watch them instead of "his" shows.

Nice to hear that your kids prefer the older shows to them newer ones. Spongebob was fine, but 'Bob and the recently released shows did lack the charm Scooby and the oldschool Looney Tunes and Nicktoons had.

I absolutely love Spongebob. One of the funnniest cartoons I've ever watched, and it's good for adults too with all the little hidden innuendos that are intended to go over the kids' heads.

Every other new cartoon, especially the ones are Cartoon Network, Back at the Barnyard, Fairly Odd Parents whatever I absolutely loathe with all my heart.

I think my favorite old cartoon would be Tom and Jerry.

I loved Tom and Jerry, yes it was incredibly violent but it was great. I hate what BBC has done to all the old cartoons that I loved like Fireman Sam and Postman Pat. They are all 3D and computerised now and its horrible. I like my cartoons and Disney films to be fuzzy around the edges with them announcing that its in Technicolour. I love Disney, but none of this new crap they show, its all about the good ones like The Rescuers and Beauty and the Beast.

I loved Tom and Jerry, yes it was incredibly violent but it was great. I love Disney, but none of this new crap they show, its all about the good ones like The Rescuers and Beauty and the Beast.

Ditto on that; the stuff that Disney airs nowadays, like Hannah Montana and them Jonas Blunders, er, Brothers, they're all just faddish POS. I liked it better when they air shows like Madeline and Tom & Jerry on Cartoon Network. Nowadays are just like soulless crap with little charm or appeal whatsoever.

I absolutely love Spongebob. One of the funnniest cartoons I've ever watched, and it's good for adults too with all the little hidden innuendos that are intended to go over the kids' heads.

Every other new cartoon, especially the ones are Cartoon Network, Back at the Barnyard, Fairly Odd Parents whatever I absolutely loathe with all my heart.

I think my favorite old cartoon would be Tom and Jerry.

Funniest cartoons? You have to be kidding me. And MOST cartoons have hidden innuendos. The good ones, at least. And Fairly Oddparents is way better than Spongebob.