What did you dislike about GTA 3?

the gangs didnt piss me off so much... i dont get everyone's problem...

They are annoying because you can't go anywhere without being attacked by a bunch of idiots.

There's barely anywhere to visit as the following places are guarded by a big number of pissed off gangsters:

Saint Mark's

Chinatown

Hepburn Heights

Newport

Fort Staunton

Cedar Grove

as said previously use your annoyingly large am,ounts of cash to buy weapons and armour, surely you can kill some gangsters? i mean how hard really is it?

• 1 month later...

I disliked the fact that every mafia is angry with you when you finish all the fucking missions :pissed:

and even i disliked that there is a stupid bitchin´ dog food factory when there is not a fucking dog? and the death positions are stupid :jumpon:

oh and the textures of claude are very pixelated which i hate

Edited by Claude´s Kuruma

They are annoying because you can't go anywhere without being attacked by a bunch of idiots.

There's barely anywhere to visit as the following places are guarded by a big number of pissed off gangsters:

Saint Mark's

Chinatown

Hepburn Heights

Newport

Fort Staunton

Cedar Grove

as said previously use your annoyingly large am,ounts of cash to buy weapons and armour, surely you can kill some gangsters? i mean how hard really is it?

I think I have 99999 bullets for each gun and full weapon, what suggestion is it?

The problem is I want to drive at my own risk without seeing my enemies draw a line on the screen all the time.

I have no problem killing them I just want to explore properly

Lack of Guns,

Claude doesnt talk,

(In GTA SA I found the racing missions really hard, and the fact Catalina Shoots you Staight away really p*ssed me off!)

I didnt pay that much attention, but Salvatore trys to kill you for no reason

The Anamation was Bad

The Controlls were VERY sensative

However, I played this after SA and VC, so what do you expect....

Lack of Guns,

Claude doesnt talk,

(In GTA SA I found the racing missions really hard, and the fact Catalina Shoots you Staight away really p*ssed me off!)

I didnt pay that much attention, but Salvatore trys to kill you for no reason

The Anamation was Bad

The Controlls were VERY sensative

However, I played this after SA and VC, so what do you expect....

i hate it cause u cant swim

Saint Mark's

Chinatown

Hepburn Heights

Newport

Fort Staunton

Cedar Grove

I think I have 99999 bullets for each gun and full weapon, what suggestion is it?

The problem is I want to drive at my own risk without seeing my enemies draw a line on the screen all the time.

I have no problem killing them I just want to explore properly

I had trouble exploring too, I remember the gangsters in Saint Marks could blow your car up in a couple shots.

Edited by Shortbus

no swimming (san andreas has spoiled us lolz)

the guy never talked

really aggressive gangs...you just drive past and this hail of bullets come and destroy your car.

i did like the radio though.

hmm this topic is sorta like...what was in gta's after 3 that you wanted in 3 :P

Edited by WRX22B1998

Yea those things are quite bad when you consider the GTA games after. EG no swimming, no talking character. However, it did leave room for improvement.

Claude wasn't able to run at fast speeds for a long time (pun intended) but in San Andreas, CJs can for much longer once he gets more stanima.

Shame about the dodo plane too, really wanted to fly her. Also, there were planes that were just there for show and couldnt get into.

and finally I remember purple nines glitch, which was a chance that on the mission, the purple nines wouldn't be there, thus stopping 100% completion. With rampages, there was only a couple of given chances before you could try them no more.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'd have to say the worst thing in GTA3 is.... well....

Nothing really, I mean this GTA was a ground-breaker in gamer around the world.

Really all the negative comment come from the fact that GTA3 is old and out of date.

Vice City brought a leap in GTA tech to, But GTA3 will always be the best, in my opinion, the best GTA game out there today.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have to say the worst thing in GTA3 is.... well....

Nothing really, I mean this GTA was a ground-breaker in gamer around the world.

Really all the negative comment come from the fact that GTA3 is old and out of date.

Vice City brought a leap in GTA tech to, But GTA3 will always be the best, in my opinion, the best GTA game out there today.

I couldn't agree more mate, GTA3 I can still remember the first time I seen it. I was out with my mate and went into his house where his bro was playing it with his mate. Stood there and watched, it was amazingly epic moment, I can still remember the lighting and the smell of feet in the air (lol?). After that I got it after showing my dad a video of it on a disc I had from a magazine. He was amazed and got me it the next day, was groundbreaking. People are too picky and ungrateful at what you got. When we was your age Pokemon Red was the sh*t, now you all moan about your GTA on your PSP >.<.

Edited by Youngie1337

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't edit my previous post, and i dont know why so i'll add on

-Claude Never Speaks, and you dont know his name, I like games where you know your characters real name and what he sounds like.

-No motorbikes

- No swimming.

- Got boring because theres nothing to do(no activities)

- Aggresive gangs, i just hated it when i killed SAL every time i went to portland the leones would just try to whack me.

• 4 weeks later...

-Claude did not talk

-So many mysteries, where is Donald Love, what happened at the end with a gunshot, etc.

-The army carried multiple weapons, but only used one.

-when i drove very fast in a car, the smoke repersenting damage would dissapear

-bat and fist could not do damage to vehicles

-no poppable wheels

-so many rumors like being able to drive the full winged dodo, Carcer city, Darkel being ingame, tunnels at SSV opening up at 100%, etc

OFFTOPIC: did anyone see the beta screenshots of GTA3? There was a beta Claude and he looked like an asian man :blink:

i agree on evrything that u have said..but,nvr mind that!gta has the best game ever.GTA SAN ANDREAS the most played sequel of the GTA by Rockstar*

I can't edit my previous post, and i dont know why so i'll add on

-Claude Never Speaks, and you dont know his name, I like games where you know your characters real name and what he sounds like.

-No motorbikes

- No swimming.

- Got boring because theres nothing to do(no activities)

- Aggresive gangs, i just hated it when i killed SAL every time i went to portland the leones would just try to whack me.

yeah!nothing to do..its like evrything is impossible in gta 3....which really sucks!btw,claude uses the same shirt.unlike san andreas and vice city,where u can buy some clothing and it makes gta a lot more realistic.theres more..the cops sucks!!!!!!! :pissedred: :pissedred:

gta 3 has a lot of shits going on..but,still its a great game to play though...

• 1 month later...

No planes helciopters or motorcycles,

Short story line

Mellee weapons cant damage cars

Shotguns can destroy a car in like 2-3 shots ( if it hits the engine

overpowered gangs

No menu map

main character does not speek

Could use a greater variety of vehicles

This probably was not a big deal when the game cameout,

bcuz it was the first 3d gta game ever

Haven't posted here yet, I think. Anyway. The main character not talking was obviously stupid, how many lead characters in a story-driven action game like GTA3 are there who don't speak? I thought it was stupid at the time when it came out, even worse now. The inclusion of the Dodo was largely pointless, hardly anyone could fly it and the tutorials didn't help me at all. Having no map when you pause the game was a big hindrance, and led to lots of overlong routes. Being shot at every time you re-entered Chinatown and the mafioso near Salvatores place got annoying quickly. The game is quite short, and there was a glaring mistake where you could avoid doing 1 mission entirely, by killing the guy in a separate mission, WTF! I also wasn't a huge fan of the game, Vice City really made me love the brand but GTA3 just left me cold and still does.

Edited by The Bossman

• 2 months later...