All these 2012 movies and documentary's lately...

Damjan

Like Bear said the Mayan calender "ends" in 2012, but it really doesn't. It just repeats. The Mayan prophecies (or whatever they're called) mention dates well past 2012.

The Mayan decedents have been in the news lately saying it's all BS.

The movies depict these huge meteors hitting the earth, but NASA and all other space agencies/watchers see no evidence of anything close to hitting the earth (and they'd be able to see it by now).

The world was supposed to end due to Y2K, 9/9/1999, etc.

I remember that time when the world was meant to end then. If it does then that eliminates my debts. I guess Hollywood makes alot of money making these paranoia films, like Day After Tomorrow. Many things seem to be occuring in 2012. The date the world is meant to end is 22nd Decemeber 2012.

I seriously doubt the world will end in 2012, although it may well be possible. The films may be good but they may be scaring people half to death with all this crap, for example, 2012 the film was excellent but it isn't likely to happen nor would the Day After Tomorrow for a long time.

I think it's just one way of historians, scientists, media and governments to scare people, it's just like the Large Hadron Collider last year but it was a success a few months ago.

If the world is ending? I'm going out with a bang. The idea is complete pish but if it does actually happen then I think it's awesome. I've had a good life and I'm going to make sure I stay that way right until the end.

Why go out with a bang? Everyone is going out, so there'll be absolutely no one to remember you going out with a bang.

And someone else is saying by 2050 there will be wars for water.

If we don't get our acts together that may end up happening.

Although likely not as soon as 2050 and hopefully by then we'd find more ways to get fresh water.

I don't understand why people see this as a problem. Haven't we had the same amount of water for a hell of a lot of time? I am decently sure that we can't physically lose water....

If the world is ending? I'm going out with a bang. The idea is complete pish but if it does actually happen then I think it's awesome. I've had a good life and I'm going to make sure I stay that way right until the end.

Why go out with a bang? Everyone is going out, so there'll be absolutely no one to remember you going out with a bang.

And someone else is saying by 2050 there will be wars for water.

If we don't get our acts together that may end up happening.

Although likely not as soon as 2050 and hopefully by then we'd find more ways to get fresh water.

I don't understand why people see this as a problem. Haven't we had the same amount of water for a hell of a lot of time? I am decently sure that we can't physically lose water....

Well we can't physically lose it but we can sure as hell pollute it.

Rising sea levels means more saltwater, less ground for fresh rainwater to land, freshwater lakes turning into saltwater lagoons. Global warming theorietically means more rain, and pollution in the atmosphere is a catalyst for rain too. However, rising temperatures mean that water will be in much higher demand, especially in hotter parts of the world, and the cost of freshwater would probably end up rising (like oil) and thus wars start.