Political Beliefs

Gerard

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these political goals do you support?

• More government regulation (for safety etc)
    • Freedom to do whatever you want in your own home
    • Right to own firearms/weapons
    • More welfare/benefits/financial support to those in need
    • Fewer welfare/benefits, requiring more people to work
    • Less immigration (professionals only)
    • Continued immigration (for economic stimulation)
    • Greater representation for minorities
    • Enforced environment-saving laws
    • Promotion of religious laws, values & traditions
    • Laws being separate to religious beliefs
    • More powers to police (to help prevent crime)
    • Fewer powers to police (to prevent being unfair)
  2. 2. How should the government make their decisions?

• Popular vote (referenda) on more issues
    • More people should be involved in government
    • Leave it to the people that know what they're doing
    • More central government (for efficiency, but inaccurate)
    • More local government (devolution for accuracy, but costly)

I agree with you on that one, what's so different between those three leaders. They are all brutal leaders, ruling non-democratic countries. The only really good non-democratic country nowadays seems to be China. I don't understand why it was only Saddam who was sought by the USA and UK, might have something to do with the OIL in Iraq which is almost absent from North Korea and Zimbabwe.

For me it was definetly the oil, Iraq has the second largest oil resources behind Saudi Arabia, so they have got a lot.

I think that Iran and North Korea need a good nuke in the ass from the good ol' Yanks out West.

Would never happen.

You just can't say that though, the US have nuked places before. Iran, North Korea, and Russia haven't done anything at all.

Stop posting like a bell end, please.

So we wait until they inevitably do?

And I don't mean to just suddenly nuke them right now, but if they do anything at all or we get solid info that they're producing nukes, then enough is enough.

Nothing is inevitable, plus the "solid" info you claim, is that the same that said Iraq had WMD, I'd hardly trust any info/source if they genuinly believed Iraq had WMD

This is why I doubt nuclear weapons will ever be used as at the end of the day the world would be destroyed with all these missiles going off. Innocent people from countries who don't have nuclear weapons would be destroyed as the bomb wouldn't stop at the border's of Russia for example.

I'd never say never, but I'd say its highly unlikely they'll ever be used, I think Nuclear weapons are there for protection most of the time and to show a countries power, If Iran created them I dont necessarily think they would use them, they would probably use it as a threat but thats it.

I despise positive racism just as much as I do negative racism, everyone should be treated the same.

I dont think racism is that common these days, I mean I haven't heard anyone be racist in quite some time, I think it just gets over exaggerated with one incident and blown out of all proportion. Its quite difficlt ot be racist as well with all the different ethnic minorities contributing to our economy, we actually need them.

I tend to be a bit of a lefty in my views. Not as far left as communism, but I do believe that the Government should interfere when things are going wrong in the country, like at the moment with the recession, it would be good to help the homeless (who have been victims of the recession, not the drug addicts). I also believe that more power should be given to police to arrest people because I feel in today's society there is a lot more crime than there used to be. I also think immigration should be limited. I'm not being racist or anything, I just believe that we have too many immigrants in the country, some of which live on the benefits that the tax payer pays for. Which is why I also take the New Right view in that benefits should be reduced and people should be made to work for their money. It is unfair if someone can sit on their arse for years and not work but still get more money than someone who works really hard. Freedom to do whatever you want your home sounds good, but in practise, I do not think it will work, because this could lead to things like child abuse and domestic violence.

I wish we could have a party which has a mixture of left wing and right wing ideas, because both sides of the political spectrum have some very good ideas, but they have their flaws.

I also think immigration should be limited. I'm not being racist or anything, I just believe that we have too many immigrants in the country, some of which live on the benefits that the tax payer pays for.

I think you've been reading too much Daily Mail, only about a 10th of the population are immigrants. As for the whole tax-payers-money-going-to-immigrants thing, that's fabricated too.

A tenth of the population is still quite a lot compared to a few decades ago. I'm for immigration to the UK but not too much, we get over 500,000 applications a year - that, I think, needs to be reduced to say 350,000. We're now part of a combined society of many cultures, people and religions.

I hate racist people, especially the BNP, and people who can't explain why they hate other cultures. It's not fair on the cultures being slagged off for being ever so slightly different from us in terms of culture and colour - underneath we are all the same. I hate all of those Pakistani jokes going around too, albeit older than the current Irish jokes.

I also think immigration should be limited. I'm not being racist or anything, I just believe that we have too many immigrants in the country, some of which live on the benefits that the tax payer pays for.

I think you've been reading too much Daily Mail, only about a 10th of the population are immigrants. As for the whole tax-payers-money-going-to-immigrants thing, that's fabricated too.

Connor's right on this. The money actually comes from out the fucking sky, and is created by a series of magic money fairies who shit it out every third second. Yes alot of them work and get jobs and sort themselves and pay their taxes like the rest of us, but the ones who come here and fucking laze around and get Mr. Brown to give them handouts and pretend to go down the job center twice a week...they're the ones who need to be sent back.

Also, 10% is a fuck of alot of immigrants. 6.2 million.

I laughed at the first bit but yeah when you say "the rest of us" is that meant to mean that no-one born in this country has ever taken benifits? Many people who move to the UK aren't in a brilliant finacial situation, that's why they take benefits until they can find a suitable job. The people born in this country, they take benefits because they're lazy motherfuckers or they actually are genuinely looking for a job, but do any of us know which one it is, then we wouldn't with immigrants either, and that's why we can't go deporting people for that reason.

Edited by Connor

I laughed at the first bit but yeah when you say "the rest of us" is that meant to mean that no-one born in this country has ever taken benifits? Many people who move to the UK aren't in a brilliant finacial situation, that's why they take benefits until they can find a suitable job. The people born in this country, they take benefits because they're lazy motherfuckers or they actually are genuinely looking for a job, but do any of us know which one it is, then we wouldn't with immigrants either, and that's why we can't go deporting people for that reason.

It meant 'the rest of us' as in 'people who haven't moved to another country that has a really poor combination of immigration and benefits policies and monopolised upon the stupidity of their government instead of getting a job'

Given this, you can probably realise that immigrants who won't find work (THERE IS WORK OUT THERE) should go back to their home countries after a given time, as they're doing more bad for the economy than good.

Immigrants are actually willing to do the jobs that British people won't do, thats why we have lots of Polish people etc. doing cleaning and menial jobs that British people won't do.

I dont think everyone who comes into this country, comes and takes money off the government, its just the benefits system is so flawed, its practically saying to people "don't work, you'll get more money off the government", theres many British people who too scam benefits so I wouldn't just blame the immigrants, if we actually sort out our benefit system and heavily slow down immigration (we actually need to becuase we cant populate much more than we are now) this country will be going in the right direction.

How do you know immigrants won't work?

I don't, and that's why I didn't say that. I wasn't generalising about immigrants and their work ethic. The work ethic of most immigrants is actually quite good. This shouldn't mean the brit's on benefits, who have a generally shitty work ethic, should be paid to sit on their arses. It's also incredibly easy for those who don't / won't work to get by on government handouts.

Immigrants are actually willing to do the jobs that British people won't do

Because the better option, other than working, for the unskilled British person is to claim benefits. If the job seeking system worked, in combination with reduced immigration, the government could have assigned these menial jobs to British people. If the people don't want to do them, it's their fucking problem... they can take the job and it's associated money or live on the fucking street. Or in a giant cage off the coast of Greenland.

Because the better option, other than working, for the unskilled British person is to claim benefits. If the job seeking system worked, in combination with reduced immigration, the government could have assigned these menial jobs to British people. If the people don't want to do them, it's their fucking problem... they can take the job and it's associated money or live on the fucking street. Or in a giant cage off the coast of Greenland.

I do agree with you, its the benefit system that is the root to most of out problems in this country, if people actually had an incentive to go and work they would but since the government is willing to pay for them they see that as a better option. I think its Germany who has a good benefit system, I heard if you lose your job there you get 90% of your old wages for a year (seems reasonable) and in that time you have to find a job, if you don't then the benefits stop, it sounds harsh but I guarantee it will certainly give people an incentive to actually find work and do menial jobs.

The way we're going withrising Uni debts and borrowing more than ever, we will get out of the recession but by doing so we're just going to plant the seeds for the next one to come.