Learning to Fly

Hi Guys,

I'm new to GTA Forums, and it seems like an excellent website!

But to the point, I am stuck on the "Learning To Fly" mission on the PC.

I have tried over and over again and I CANNOT get past it!

I have also tried downloading save files from after the mission, and when I load them, it starts a new game! :pissedred:

My game is version 2.

and it's a purchased game, not downloaded.

Can someone do it for me?

Or at least help me out?

thanks so much!

sorry If I posted in the wrong place!

thanks everyone, I'm seriously a girl in need!

Edited by preciouslilywhite

Hi Guys,

I'm new to GTA Forums, and it seems like an excellent website!

But to the point, I am stuck on the "Learning To Fly" mission on the PC.

I have tried over and over again and I CANNOT get past it!

I have also tried downloading save files from after the mission, and when I load them, it starts a new game! :pissedred:

My game is version 2.

and it's a purchased game, not downloaded.

Can someone do it for me?

Or at least help me out?

thanks so much!

sorry If I posted in the wrong place!

email me at [email protected] if you want to play it for me or something.

thanks everyone, I'm seriously a girl in need!

If you have version 2, you can always dowgrade it. You can google yourself a downgrader tool for V2, or if you insist on passing the mission, you may watch the walkthrough here:

One of the best tips I can give on trying to complete hard missions that you constantly fail is to give up for a bit. You hardly ever pass if you keep going constantly, as you just get annoyed. Take a break and just run around on SA and explore, just to take your mind off of it. Then after a while go back and try again. I could not get pass the corkscrew turn on the flying mission and it took me forever. So I gave up then went back to it and I completed it first time round.

One of the best tips I can give on trying to complete hard missions that you constantly fail is to give up for a bit. You hardly ever pass if you keep going constantly, as you just get annoyed. Take a break and just run around on SA and explore, just to take your mind off of it. Then after a while go back and try again. I could not get pass the corkscrew turn on the flying mission and it took me forever. So I gave up then went back to it and I completed it first time round.

Exact same problem I had. Just went for a drive, went back, passed first go. :)

But yeah, just have a break, walk the dog/cat/giraffe etc. then come back a bit later and try again.

I don't know how many times I tried to land after "circling the airstrip," only to find it impossible to come to a safe, controlled landing. I was getting so pissed, and just tired of doing the same one. I was forgetting to open the landing gear upon landing. :pissedred: Remember to open the landing gear. :clapping:

Also, I've never liked the camera or the controls as far as flying goes. It's too hard to see what is around you when you are performing complicated maneuvers.

Edited by RedHouse

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem with this school I had was the parachute landing, the timer for whatever reason seemed to run a little fast, this was in the PC version, it took about 150 attempts to get GOLD due to the timer running a little fast.

The PS2 version I passed it quick and clean in the first try, I even went back to the PS2 version when I had trouble with the PC version, but passed the PS2 version with time plenty of time to spare.

On the note, I had more time to take out Zero's rival with the Red Baron on the PC then I did on the PS2!!!

Edited by SmokinRE4