Just noticed something.

MK47

Hey, long time no see guys, hehe. I just noticed something when I was browsing through that old Liberty Tree minisite for GTA III in an article about Catalina:

Asked why they thought she was now living in Liberty City, our sources said, "We raided her apartment last week in one of those funny towns down south with a Spanish name, Los Something or other, or San Somebody, and we found a ticket with a flight to Francis International Airport. It didn't take us long to realize this was the airport in Liberty City, but just to make sure, we rang up and checked and then looked on the internet.

'Los Santos' and 'San Somebody'. Hm.

"Los Something or other and San Somebody" are places I would think as it says that they "raided her apartment in one of those funny towns down south". So it hasn't got anything to do with CJ's assassin, where ever that idea came from.

It also shows that Francis International Airport is not really known and has to be checked just to be sure they are right which is reasonable despite Liberty City being possibly one of the largest cities in GTA America.

LOL

Please stop.

They've probably had SA in their minds from the beginning of that GTA era.

San Andreas appeared as one of the cities in GTA1. Not sure how the area names are reflected in the game, but I wouldn't put it past rockstar to be a bit stereotypical about it and prefix them both with 'los' by coincidence.