Melting Here

Dmac

So i'm bored, Cooking here in my room.

Anyone else here from Melbourne dying in the 43 degree (Celcius) heat?

What makes it worse is i had my PC on all night downloading and someone turned my fan off in the morning and my PC lets out more heat then the damn heater. So i basically woke up as a peice of charcoal.

Also a bad bushfire threat.

Edited by Dmac

I do prefer the heat then the cold, Don't get me wrong.

But where there is heat there is the real risk of bush fires (I'm sure everyone knows about black saturday last year) and of course the heat is good... When you have a pool or are down at the beach.

Well it got to -10 C (14 F) a few nights ago and I really doubt it's going to stay warmer than that during the night - the wind makes this worse. This is the coldest winter of my life, the amount of snow we've had so far is getting ridiculous and it's to keep coming. But it's 3 C (37.4 F) right now.

I thought this had something to do with ice, obviously not. :D The coldest it's been in England so far was -22 degrees at one point, but not where I live thankfully. It's mostly been -2 or -3, no more than that. This snow just isn't melting, BTW, been here quite a few days now.

It's not weird for the simple fact we dont know it any other way. Probably the same as me asking is a white christmas weird for you? You've done it your whole life so it's perfectly normal :P

Yeah Christmas is normally a spit roast or BBQ with the family and a beer or 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got over two feet a snow and a snow day from school. :P

As for the cold, Where i live it doesn't even get to 0 during winter, In fact our winters are probably hotter then your summers :P

Probably not, where I live (Far Northern US, but not Alaska ^_^) it gets down to -15F in the winter sometimes, but normally from 10-25F. In the summer however, it averages 85F and gets up to 95F, but luckily usually not too humid.

P.S., those temps in Celsius would be -26, -12 to -14, and then 29.5 to 35, respectively.

And BTW, that two feet I got was not even lake effect snow, it was all that big heavy sludge coming down from the sky. I heard however that my relatives over to the east a bit got a TON of snow of the great lakes.