Your definition of a perfect MAP.

Edds

Okay this is how it goes. Simply post your ideas of how your perfect map would be like for the next GTA. Please use the method below. vv

Here are some jargons you should use to make the scale clearer to viewers:

1. Tiny: Size of a small town. Eg, Blueberry, Angel Pine.

2. Small: Twice the size of "Tiny"

3. Small-med: Size of San Fierro airport.

4. Medium: Size of San Fierro (excluding the airport).

5. Large: Size of Los Santos.

6. Huge: About twice the size of Los Santos.

7. Gigantic: Half of San Andreas

8. God-Sized: Size of of San Andreas.

Note: Please use the words above as "jargons" to make it clear to other viewers.

Bolden/color them to make them noticeable.

E.g: Gigantic city, Large mountain.

Okay here's my example of a good map:

Map size: 6 times of San Andreas.

Cities: 6 Gigantic cities. (3/6 of map used, total used, 3/6) (3/6 of map free)

Desert: 1 God-Sized desert. Desert type is just like San Andreas, with canyons, sandy mountains and stuff... Small towns exist every few miles to give you the feel of civilization after a long drive. (1/6 of map used, total used is 4/6) (2/6 of map free)

Countryside: 1 God-Sized countryside. Countryside includes waterfalls, forests, rivers, rocky mountains(like Mt Chilliad), etc... Let there be 1 medium rocky mountain, around 3 times the height of Mt Chilliad in the middle of the countryside. (1/6 of map used, total used is 5/6) (1/6 of map free)

Final 1/6 remainder taken up by a god-sized sea/ocean in the middle of the map, it is the core of many rivers that exists in the whole game area. (whole map filled)

Details: Every building in the game is enterable to make things more interesting, there's no loading black-screen when you enter a building. (A new feature I hope for) ^_^

So what do you guys think? Was that good? Bad?

Feel free to post your own ideas. You may also use percentage instead of fractions.

Please, enjoy! ^_^ (Note that I typed this very quickly so I might have made a few grammar mistakes, I hope you don't mind)

I liked that quite a bit but theres one thing I have to question about that.

You'd need a ton of missions to occupy all that space.

Heres my Map:

Size: 2x of San Andreas

Cities: 5

City #1: A city similar to Liberty City which is really dark and seems bigger than it really is. I also think it should start of with you being in the gutter with nothing. Name: New Clifton (I dont know if this is a real place I hope none of them are)

City #2: A paradise for holidays, its built on a desert and its a theme similar to Vice City. There are hundreds of night clubs like the Malibu here. There is a Mafia expanding across this city. Name: Marina City

City #3: This is a suburban paradise similar to Shoreside Vale, this is occupied by two main gangs, The Rollers and The Blue Kings. There is mostly gang control across this city and constant gang wars taking place here. Name: Victoria City

City #5: A very freindly town, the only problem is the drunks at night, there are so many pubs and clubs here that its only natural that many poeple start throwing molotovs and start fighting eachother here. Name: Orchard Acres

Countryside: There is a desert nere Marina City which is occupied by a few poeple in trailers who will try to stealth kill you if you come to near to their property. There is a large Canyon here also which you must get through to get to Victoria City. Name: Gash Canyon.

Between New Clifton and Marina City is a large feild type area full of freindly farmers but also a few psycho's. There are many strangers out at night willing to kill you because you there. Name: Ruby Feilds

Between the other cities is mostly hills and mountains like Mount Chiliad, there are mostly warm weathers but there is many winds and tornado's here.

DA REST:

You can go into any building and they are all unique in one way. Some are inhabited by poeple who will give you advice, but most of them will tell you to piss off.

Many of the buildings can have something to do for you like Banks, which you can rob or store money in. Houses which you can buy or rent. Apartments which you can live or rent out. Properties, Gang Houses and much more.

Car shops to have a car spawn outside any of your houses.

(Enough ranting im bored)

You can go into any building and they are all unique in one way. Some are inhabited by poeple who will give you advice, but most of them will tell you to piss off.

Why would you want them to tell you to piss off? Sorry, small idiotic comments like that pisses me off.

I like the first post on here. I don't care what people say, huge like that would be fun, it would give you endless areas to explore. And you would be able to eventually learn it all.

Problem is, the bigger and better the game, the longer we have to wait. I don't wanna have to wait five years for another GTA Game - three years is probably too much. Twice the size of San Andreas I think would be perfect.

Hey I agree with Greeny, if you go into somebody's house, some of them could be useful (pickups, advice, hints) and some could just say - "eh, fook off". If someone walked into my house, i'd batter them, even if it WAS the postman. The citizens of [whatever] city should retaliate, like the 'improvement' in the car jacking. Citizens should also respect the law more.

I want everything WiseGuyEddie wants

Problem is, the bigger and better the game, the longer we have to wait. I don't wanna have to wait five years for another GTA Game - three years is probably too much
san andreas didnt come out that long ago so i think we should enjoy san andreas until gta4 comes out

Guys, Rockstar didn't take 2 years to make San Andreas, according to my friends. They just waited for October (their lucky month to release GTA games) for the release. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

But if they were to create a map like mine, I'll say it'll take about 2-3 years, it won't reach 4 or 5... Besides, magadag, if you hate deserts, in real life, there's much more countrysides and deserts than cities.

And DON'T underestimate the power of the PlayStation 3... ;)

Guys, Rockstar didn't take 2 years to make San Andreas, according to my friends. They just waited for October (their lucky month to release GTA games) for the release. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

Rockstar started working on San Andreas BEFORE VC was released((maybe like a week or something, I don't know)). San Andreas was put into it's testing phase a week or two before it's release date. Yes, it did take about two years. I doubt they'd hold off if they had a finished product already. Don't believe anything your friends say, they are almost as bad as gamestore employees. Alot of them like talking out of their ass to sound informed.

Huge map. Maby 3x the SA map. And more roofs to snipe from. And better stealth weapons. Yeha!

There are ALOT of sniping spots. I find new ones everytime I play.

Yo TS, I'm sure you'll like it if you don't get wanted for sniping a cop, eh? (Since they can't really tell who's the shooter)

Er... Wrong. This is GTA, where even doing Vigilante missions you get in trouble for killing people. Even when sniping from a roof top you get stars. I do it all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i think in the map they should have a HUGE place to play in, way bigger than san andreas. Also there should be a sick complex highway system where the traffic actualy works and isnt gay and destroying your car by ramming into you.

Also i think there should be nice suburbes, huge cities, random traffic so when you get in a cheetah you dont see 4 more cheetahs right behind you and 5 more pass by.

I also think they should have an awsome creek that is drained out where there can be drag races and stuff.in ammu nation they should let you buy ALL the guns on the wall instead of some...there are like 100's of guns on the wall but you cant even use them:(

They should make car damage harder to get, if you touch a wall you bumper literaly flies off and the front and side windows like crack....i think if you hit a wall your car should react to the speed u went and then get damaged {the faster you go, the more damaged your car gets} and if you tap a wall ..nothing happens.

i think there should be TONS of interior msiisons and allow you to go in tons of buildings like malls, stores, shopping centers, restaurantes, carnivals, offices and all that stuff...

I would like just more interactivity with the buildings and landscape.

Like being able to goes inside them. And also damage them.

Ex. Like smashing your car threw a Wall.

More windows to smash. etc.

but We'll all have to wait for the PS3 and I bet The next GTA will be pretty :coolthumbup:

Edited by Sabin