GTA IV hangs on night, working perfect on day!

GTA Index

Hello everybody ;)

you might remembered me, i created a topic first :

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/topic/23964-omg-gta-iv-too-slow-after-upgrading-to-n9600/

now i've purchased a new pc and it matched with the Recommended PC System Requirements!

(i tested my PC Specs for GTA4 at SystemRequirementsLab)

now my GTA IV is working perfect on day (ingame) but on night i feel the difference between the resolution, i just don't understand why is this happening cuz day and night shouldn't matter, i'm asking you guys for a solution or maybe any mod that disables night in GTA4 ? also when some weather changes like cloud,more traffic it hangs though at some places it works like a charm, any help guys ?

wait...so your specs are different from the other topic you made?

whats your specs now, what CPU, ram, video card do you have ?

and im guessing, night is more demanding on your resources, more traffic etc takes more power to render than no traffic :P

you just need to lower your settings (or upgrade your machine)

and im guessing, night is more demanding on your resources, more traffic etc takes more power to render than no traffic :P

i don't think if i need to upgrade my pc again, well here are my specs :

Memory RAM (3GB) --> 2GB in 1 Slot and 1GB in the second slot

i would like to explain one thing that my pc shows i've 2 GB of RAM but i've 3GB ??? i recently installed windows 7 and it says i've 3GB and now i installed XP SP3 and its showing 2GB, also at the start i tried to run some programs and it cause a clock error, your system clock has been changed. maybe there is a problem because of these things ? why it shows 2GB when i've 3GB ? please help, i'm so confused about it :(

i would like to explain one thing that my pc shows i've 2 GB of RAM but i've 3GB ??? i recently installed windows 7 and it says i've 3GB and now i installed XP SP3 and its showing 2GB, also at the start i tried to run some programs and it cause a clock error, your system clock has been changed. maybe there is a problem because of these things ? why it shows 2GB when i've 3GB ? please help, i'm so confused about it :(

what about everything else other than your ram?

@raybob

wtf?

Windows XP SP2 may not support anymore than 2GB of RAM. Try upgrading to SP3 however your RAM will still be present and perform weather you do or not. Use CPU-Z to find your main specifications.

i've 2.8GHz Core2Duo and 3GB Ram, now i think its my graphics card problem

i just installed 8500GT and its showing 3GB Ram when i install 9600GT

it shows that 2GB memory (RAM) is installed, actually 9600GT Stucks/Hangs

on the old motherboard i contact from where i've purchased my pc they said its

because your board doesn't support 9600GT now i purchased new motherboard

and still 9600GT stucking/hanging i also asked why its showing 2GB ? they said your

graphics card takes 1GB its now shared, and they advised me to disable sharing through

Nvidia control panel then why it shows 3GB in 8500GT ?

i've 2.8GHz Core2Duo and 3GB Ram, now i think its my graphics card problem

i just installed 8500GT and its showing 3GB Ram when i install 9600GT

it shows that 2GB memory (RAM) is installed, actually 9600GT Stucks/Hangs

on the old motherboard i contact from where i've purchased my pc they said its

because your board doesn't support 9600GT now i purchased new motherboard

and still 9600GT stucking/hanging i also asked why its showing 2GB ? they said your

graphics card takes 1GB its now shared, and they advised me to disable sharing through

Nvidia control panel then why it shows 3GB in 8500GT ?

because of your motherboard? wtf, its just pci-e should just work.

i dunno what they told you.

yeah 8500gt is very low end nowadays, its a lower-midrange but its 2 generations old...

no clue about your 2GB ram thing. well I know the max ram supported for 32bit in theory is 4GB but it works out to be like 3.5gb or something.

its weird that your ram is reported like that, on my laptop it has a nvidia 7300, this is 128mb on the card, and it can take up to 384mb from the system ram, but when i look at properties it says i have the full 2GB.

in short, no idea about the ram problem. upgrade your video card or lower your graphics settings to fix this problem.