Best Storage Site?

_Ray

I'm looking for a fast easy way to back up important files. So . . . What's the best online storage site? Encryption quality is not a factor since I do that myself with WinRAR AND R-Drive Image.

The big ones I know of are MediaFire, RapidShare, and MegaUpload.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, what's the best backup software you guys know of? I use R-Drive Image and it works great, but I wanted to know of some free alternatives for my secondary PC.

So you're gonna backup an image of your entire computer and upload it to the net?

That will take so so so long...wouldnt it?

Zshare, Zippyshare, yousendit, there's tons of those things. but they usually have a file size limit (100mb i think) and especially ones like rapidshare where it will limit how much you can download with that IP in some time would be pretty shit.

backup software hmm

ntbackup XD

So you're gonna backup an image of your entire computer and upload it to the net?

That will take so so so long...wouldnt it?

Zshare, Zippyshare, yousendit, there's tons of those things. but they usually have a file size limit (100mb i think) and especially ones like rapidshare where it will limit how much you can download with that IP in some time would be pretty shit.

backup software hmm

ntbackup XD

Only my Primary SSD. At my internet connection speed of 1 Mbit/s uploaded my whole 1TB Drive would take about a month. xD

Also, I've already got a mediafire account, but I wanted to know of any good alternatives since they do have the 200 MB file limit and they delete your files after a while if you don't log in. Uploading the 16GB image file of my hard drive took around 30 hours. I used my image program to compress and encrpyt it then WinRAR to encrypt it further and split it into 200 MB volumes.

P.S., being paranoid as I am, in addition to the image I have online, I make backups every 3 days onto my WD 1TB Drive and today I also stuffed the image onto 4 DVDs, put them into double-sided sleeves, put that in a ziplock bag, vacuum sealed it then wrapped the corners in tape, then put it in another ziplock bag and did the same to that one. :hurrhurr:

However, problem is that if my WD drive goes, it's gone. No backups for that, just yet. My backups now of ~15 GB are only the OS and basic functionality. All multimedia, apps, and documents are on the WD. :(

I'm considering buying a set of 100 Verbatim DVD+Rs for $25 on Newegg and backing up the whole thing to that. That gives me 470 GB of storage. My image software says that an image of the drive would only be 400 GB but I find that very hard to believe since 90% of the crap on my drive is multimedia, and that really doesn't compress.

If I happen to get Google's 1 Gbit/s Internet Program then I will happily upload a 1TB Image of my computer. :P

How long are the files kept? The files are kept forever as long as they are being downloaded.

But that's just the thing, if they're my own personal backups then they won't be getting downloaded. (Until I actually need them; hopefully never)

You know it really makes you think just how powerful these servers must be. (I think MediaFire has like 2 petabytes or something lol) If I were to make my PC a file server and got another 2TB Hard Drive, even if only 50 people used my service they would each get ~37GB and only about 25K/sec of upload bandwidth. :P

Now, say I was in league with the other biggies and I had 10 million people. They would each get 195.2K of space on the drive, and a minimum upload bandwidth of exactly 1 bit per second. :P (Well, actually 1.00663296 bits per second)