PSN worldwide issues

The Bossman

So I tried to play MW2 yesterday, but it said the trophies couldn't be registered and it quit the game. I was worried, but it was too late to Google for an answer, until today. It's currently a worldwide issue, and Sony have said they're looking into it.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=Trophy+registration+problem&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

I looked for my MW2 trophies and I can't see any of them, I hope I get them back. My advice to you is, don't play a game with trophy support until the patch is released otherwise you might lose your trophies. I don't think I've lost them, but they're not showing up for MW2 currently.

Come to think of it, leave your PS3 OFF. The bug will kick in as soon as your fat PS3 is turned on so leave it alone. Crack out the old PS2 if you still have it, watch some films, dvd boxsets, whatever. Tomorrow might fix the issue, because the internal clock will surely recognise it as a valid date and so things should mostly be back to normal.

Edited by Bateman.

Fuck, I'm glad I saw this now. My PS3's been off since yesterday so if I just leave it alone it might be for the best.

But Would it be the same if I turned my PS3 on without signing in on PSN? I heard the problem was connected to the PSN.

Edit: Seems like this already happened a while ago, must be why I couldn't sign in on PSN yesterday. The problem isn't really all that serious from what I could get, it's probably gonna be fixed soon and it's like only Trophies whores who'll really be upset. I for one, do not give a flying fuck about trophies so I'm cool with that.

Edited by Ivan

So I'm a trophy whore if I care? :P

Nah, I don't care about my trophy collection. But there's alot of music data along with a few video's I've placed in my HDD. Will it affect my HDD?

Also I've already been on my PS3. I wasn't signed in, and nothing really happened at all, other than not signing in.

So I'm a trophy whore if I care? :P

Nah, I don't care about my trophy collection. But there's alot of music data along with a few video's I've placed in my HDD. Will it affect my HDD?

Also I've already been on my PS3. I wasn't signed in, and nothing really happened at all, other than not signing in.

Nah, I didn't mean it that way.

Your videos and music should be fine, dynamic themes however will probably get corrupted, I lost my Afrika theme.

It was nice with all the zebras and shit, now I'm pissed.

I plugged in my PS2 in place of the PS3, so have been playing through the old classics like Unreal Tournament, Vice City, Hitman etc. Splinter Cell is on the screen in the other room ATM. If I could force myself to do it, I'd try an offline PS3 game without trophy support to see if that works but I don't want to mess anything else up in the process. I'll just hold off until the all clear is given.

Fat PS3 80GB no problems for me.

But yeah I heard that its pretty widespread. Also apparently nothing will happen to your trophies/themes/videos etc. all that stuff that is connected to PSN, will have issues but once they fix it, it'll be fine.

Weird how it only happened to some...

My PS2 would still be plugged in, but since I got a LCD monitor and not a regular TV it doesnt have any inputs for it (just HDMI/DVI/VGA)

'Tis all fixed now. Users around the globe have blogged, and tweeted, and all that stuff about how it's working again. It was just a calendar bug in the end. Sony have apologised, and they've given us info to get any lost trophys back.

Just insert the affected game while you're online, so that you get the trophy bar back up for the game, then quit, then sync the trophys via your online profile and they should return. It hasn't worked for everyone, some people see the trophy bar and some don't, but regardless you'll get the trophys back, you just might not be able to see them, but they'll be there. If you compare trophys with a friend, you'll see you still have them. I haven't tried it, but I trust Sony on this.

So all is well. It was only a day without PS3, I'd like to have seen the reactions if it was a month.

On Sunday night, PS3 users began experiencing problems with their consoles. They couldn't connect to the PSN and some games wouldn't work offline, either. Thankfully, it seems the issue has resolved itself.

Sony-PlayStation-Network,R-H-232973-1.pngloupe.gifZoom

Yesterday, speculation suggested that the affected older generation PS3s were confused and thought 2010 was a leap year. The problem had occurred when the clocks ticked past midnight on February 28 and for the duration of March 1, PS3 users experienced a myriad of problems.

These included:

• The date of the PS3 system being re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
  • When the user tried to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
    message appeared on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
    signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
  • When the user tried to launch a game, the following error message appeared
    on the screen and the trophy data may have disappeared; “Failed to install
    trophies. Please exit your game.”
  • When the user tried to set the time and date of the system via the
    Internet, the following message appeared on the screen; “The current date
    and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
  • Users were not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
    PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

PlayStation told us they hoped to have the situation resolved within 24 hours and although everything is working just fine now, it was more a case of waiting out the storm than waiting for a fix. Sony today confirmed that the issue was leap-year related:

"We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally. If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the Internet."

Source