Server Move Completed!

Chris

Good news everyone!

TGTAP is now on it's brand new server in the UK. The hardware is a lot better and way more powerful, so everyone should notice an increase in stability and speed.

If anyone has any comments on this or has found any bugs since the move then you can let me know in this topic.

For those interested, the specs:

2x Quad-core Intel i7 E5530 (2.4GHz Gainestown) i7 CPUs

12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

2x 500GB drives in RAID

750GB backup drive

100Mbit uplink (possibly upgrading to 1Gbit in the future)

I don't know about you guys, but recently the server's been crapping itself on me before the upgrade began. It feels way more quicker now, and each page I click which leads me to another page on this site is a lot more instant than it was before.

Anyways, cheers for the heads up, Chris. Finally, a UK based server, not a foreign server. :P

hmm its a little faster than before, now it doesnt timeout like it used to. but maybe there's slow ping response or something because when i click a topic or whatever, its like 3 or 4 seconds before it fetches the page, then starts loading it. another forum i go on thats hosted in the US i think, it loads much quicker. not complaining or anything just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

WRX - your PC/ISP is visiting the old server still, rather than the new one.

I have modified the DNS records on the old server, so you should now see the new server even if your ISP still uses the old nameserver records.

To test this, visit this page. If you see a "404 Not Found" message, you're on the new server and everythings fine. If you see a page saying "old server", then you are still visiting the old server and need to wait for the cache to empty (I have put instructions on that page).

If you really need to see the new server, you could switch to using OpenDNS.