GTA online Forums

BlackListedB

My good buddy from that OTHER big GTA website has started up his own GTA themed site. A few people have done so as well... not unusual, but this was in protest of locked topics and silly bans for Off Topic or Spamming in the GTAF. It's been a long standing issue that members were short lived there due to accessive Mod intrusion to topics. Rather then harp on that, there are issues with that large site that make it a better experience on the smaller sites. I'd been a member there since Vice City.

As mentioned in my prior posts, I ran afoul of Mods who weren't too keen for whatever reason, While P_____..5 is still formulating a working title for the new site, and adding structure to it, he's allowing banned members to come and join if they can contribute in a positive manner. Just so I'm not advertising someone's site, I don't have the link to present here, but I agree with his idea as we were in communication long before he opted things were getting out of hand enough to warrant the idea for another site.

I've modified this due to some concern over the content. We're not hoping to compete directly with the GTA traffic to established sites, like this one, but offer some amnesty to anyone who was unjustly blocked or just differs from their ranks.

GTA is a major game, and it's spawned a slew of GTA based gaming forums, but I think you'll find his will be a welcome addition Oasis from the other more strict ones around (not naming names!) haha

Anyway, to add to this, what other sites for gaming do you partake in as well as GTA Place?

I'm enjoying my stay so far so I hope not to offend anyone here with this posting.

Edited by BlackListedB

My good buddy ... has started up his own GTA themed site ... in protest of locked topics and silly bans for Off Topic or Spamming in the GTAF.

I ran afoul of Mods ... he's allowing banned members to come and join if they can contribute in a positive manner.

We're hoping to ... offer some amnesty to anyone who was unjustly blocked or just differs from their ranks.

Wait, your 'friend' has made a GTA site whose focus is on accomodating members who have been banned from the big GTA sites? That just sounds like someone is pissed off at being banned. Generally they aren't the type of people I'd want to run a site that I was a member of.

That said, we get a lot of members here who were banned on GTA Forums, and we pride ourselves on a fair moderation system. If you were banned from GTAF, no big deal, just leave the site and join TGTAP or something. But if you were banned from TGTAP, then he would definitely have had to do something wrong.

I'd suggest your 'friend' think hard about why he wants to run a site. If he thinks it can be a good, useful site built on a solid community, then good luck with that. If he just wants to be in charge because he's pissed off at being banned (probably for a very good reason) then it's not going to work.

• 3 years later...

My friend PCGUYTECH_2005 from the GTAForums, that's who I meant, this is really dated, but yeah, to allow any GTAFers back online who are worth a salt, those that were banned for bad behavior and continue to do those things are not tolerated, and never should be. I do my share to ban people like that on our own forums. I just can't take credit by calling it "my forum", so I'm giving credit where credit is due. I'll speak well of GTAForums from a historical perspective and including ALL of it's members, but I am still at odds with the staff. As for that game mod install, I'm not sure if there's different methods per mod, and don't recall that one either, but I was looking for specific cars on YouTube that might interest me, one was an 80s Cadillac stretch limo, for example.

BTW, PCguytech left GTAForums in protest because I was banned, he asked to be banned, in which that is the case, they can unban you if you request it. Waddy did allow me back for a short time, but the last ban is unfair and I extremely protest it's case as being in any way, shape, or form, legitimate, it simply is false accusations in which they chose to ban me. All the complaints staff claim over my entire tenure seem preposterous to even take seriously, since most were probably from player-haters.

Edited by BlackListedB