PSP Fanclub

BlackListedB

Hi guys/gals

Want to do a more specific thread about PSP, at this point in the handheld's time on the market, what would be the ultimate MUST own games or UMD discs released so far? What's the best accessory? Model?

What have you used? I myself am on the third PSP original "fatty"

Got the firmware updated with a download from the Sony Site and then moved to Duo card, was the easiest method.

I like the options associated though with Homebrew options, one must watch the Firmware versions and that's another story. Mine was always updated too far to reverse the version installed.

I bought one UMD movie and have a hard time deciding on any others to get, almost voting for LOST and Dave Chappelle shows.

The racing games I started with out of a long standing fondness, but I think having the licensed radio of Liberty and Vice City Stories on the PSP, via headphones where the volume sounds better, makes those two games a lot of fun, though like others, I have a hard time without two analog sticks. I think the re-design Must add two analog controls if at all possible. Making it thinner was nice, but it perhaps needs to put on some weight to accommodate better ergonomics

Edited by BlackListedB

got a ceramic white PSP (fat) with one of the newer firmwares (not M33, some other one) like 5.xx i think?

well the GTA's are pretty awesome on PSP. GT on PSP is good too although i expected better. a lot of games that are multiplatform are disappointing on PSP however. I've got a sega mega drive emulator on there too, pretty good. Also played some PS1 games on it (GT2 mostly).

so my favourite games on PSP would be: gta vice city stories, tekken 6, star wars battlefront 2, test drive unlimited, GT. oh and fifa was pretty fun on it (it was either 08 or 09)

never bought any UMD's the only one i have is the demo disc. havent got any accessories for it unless a 2 in 1 data+charger USB cable counts ? oh, well i got a metal case, its pretty good.

for the record i think PSP go is pretty crap. weird design, and digital download isnt my sort of thing.

and you should change the topic title ;)

OMG MY 2500TH POST XD

I honestly don't really give a shit about my PSP but I'll do my best to help ya out.

Persona is pretty cool( Classic JRPG gameplay with a cool story to go along with it)

Persona 3 Portable which will come out in June, I think( It's a mix between a Dating Sim, a JRPG and Pokemon and it has a killer story/ characters)

PES( If you like football of course, it's pretty much the only thing I do with my PSP)

The Metal gear Acid games and Portable Ops are pretty cool if you're into Stealth and the MGS series.

There's probably others but these are the only ones I can be sure about.

lol, the title suggest you're promoting free PSP games. I'd definitely change that, a mod will be here soon enough to tell you so. Don't really give 2 hoots about my PSP but I'll try. Don't have many games but I know the ones I do have are very good. MGS Portable Ops, GTA LCS and VCS, Everybodys Golf, Test Drive Unlimited and Burnout Dominator. Did want Burnout Legends but couldn't find it, although Dominator was part of a buy one get one free deal, so it's good. I do want loads more PSP games, but 1 analogue stick really pisses me off, I just cannot play any game on there with any degree of skill. I have the original brick PSP, can't say I've used it much on the move. A few times at Xmas at a party when we were getting tired, that's about it.

Yeah, the title was harmlessly chosen. I couldn't hit on something at the time, so now it's Fanclub

I agree that the one analog feels strange. Controllers have always been an issue to efficient gaming?

I like the multiple colors...if only, Sony!?

I don't know as well the selections of games Worldwide, the ones I see sold locally, used and new.

lol, the title suggest you're promoting free PSP games. I'd definitely change that, a mod will be here soon enough to tell you so. Don't really give 2 hoots about my PSP but I'll try. Don't have many games but I know the ones I do have are very good. MGS Portable Ops, GTA LCS and VCS, Everybodys Golf, Test Drive Unlimited and Burnout Dominator. Did want Burnout Legends but couldn't find it, although Dominator was part of a buy one get one free deal, so it's good. I do want loads more PSP games, but 1 analogue stick really pisses me off, I just cannot play any game on there with any degree of skill. I have the original brick PSP, can't say I've used it much on the move. A few times at Xmas at a party when we were getting tired, that's about it.

oh yeah burnout was awesome fun...love just ramming the other cars into walls n shit :evil:

It's quite suited for the PSP I have to say, just 2 buttons to use really. Accelerate, brake, and the analogue nub, and using the walls as your steering wheel too. FPSs are too fiddly, using the face buttons for aiming doesn't work at all well. The MOH Heroes game gave me a headache.

It's quite suited for the PSP I have to say, just 2 buttons to use really. Accelerate, brake, and the analogue nub, and using the walls as your steering wheel too. FPSs are too fiddly, using the face buttons for aiming doesn't work at all well. The MOH Heroes game gave me a headache.

oh yeah the one with x square circle triangle for aiming. epic fail. i still played it though. at least it was free :hurrhurr: