Things You Hated About GTA: IV, & EFLC

Husky

List some of the things you hated in the next-gen Grand Theft Autos:

In GTA IV hated the fact that:

- The Beta looked better than the original.

- Limited weapon stocking

- Not enough weapons

- Couldn't save pictures from the phone

- When calling a friend for an activity, they purposely spawn on the other side of the city.

- LCPD ramming into me, and causing a wanted level.

- Bike chases

- Long Tutorial like story

- No cinematic cutscenes.

Things I hated about the Lost and Damned:

- Cutscenes and mission objectives don't seem to make sense. Like in the mission "This shit's cursed" there will always be a extra biker in the background.

- The story not chronologically adding up with the events of GTA IV.

- No cheat code for the weapons

- No mission replay

- The game doesn't look completed.

- The way Brian's safehouse is displayed having to walk in and out through the back door.

- No changeable outfits

Things that I hated about the Ballad of Gay Tony:

- The mission scoring purposely setting objectives that we didn't see coming.

- Mission score average is 60%

- The old Faggio

- I hated Armando's gay jokes.

- When Henrique recks the vehicle you called for.

- The best weapons don't have enough bullets

- The Buzzard not having the warning chime in free play

- You only enter Bahama Mamma's once

- You don't get Yusuf Amir's Gold Phone or Penthouse as a gift

I like GTA IV. Rockstar took out a lot of stuff because it was ether unnecessary, didn't make sense or it was simply distracting from gameplay. What I think:

GOOD:

-Kick ass graphics.

-Kick ass physics.

-Kick ass multiplayer.

-Kick ass cell phone & social system (tho it's a bit annoying when Roman calls me in the middle of a gun fight).

-Cars & Bikes finally look good.

-City is awesome. Same for all the other GTA's but this one is just epic.

-Tons of awesome minigames.

-(for PC) Kick ass replay editor. If you're not good at movie making it's at least good for saving those OMGWTFBBQ moments.

-It pissed off and eventually eliminated Jack Thompson... whaaat?

-Cover system (tho it's better to just run and gun at multiplayer, that sux)

-A lot of improvements to details.

-Swing glitch!

BAD:

-Vehicles (all) handle like total crap. It's still great compared to other games but not older GTA's.

-(for PC) Some controls are f*cked up and for some reason (correct me if I'm wrong) you can't set the keys the way you want to (personally I haven't been able to, sorry).

-Fighting system is retarded. I feel like I'm fighting in slow motion. The one in TBOGT is better but still not perfect.

-Some kewl vehicles and weapons were removed. For what reasons I don't know. (Hunter, Phoenix, Rhino, Minigun etc)

-No more customizashun for cars.

-Multiplayer is easy to cheat.

NEUTRAL:

-Planes were removed cause it's only one city, + in order to fit the rest of the game it would need a lot of animation work.

-Fewer yet more basic clothing... ok maybe that's not so cool.

Personally I like both GTA IV and GTA San Andreas equally... ok I like GTA IV better but only by this much. Ether way for GTA 5 (or whatever) Rockstar has some ground to make up.

(I don't have a Xfail 360 so I can't comment on the DLC's yet)

Edited by TUN3R

not sure what but something about this (gta4 i mean) is sorta weird.

yeah the handling of cars is a bit weird. some missions are just annoying as. but i just dont have the motivation to keep playing the story mode etc (im only like 10% or something). online is pretty fun though.

but they took out so much stuff from san andreas, planes, car customisation. and the fact you could enter so many buildings in SA. also i dont think you can buy safehouses in this. is their assets in this (like the car showroom in san andreas) ?

-Planes were removed cause it's only one city, + in order to fit the rest of the game it would need a lot of animation work.

Didn't they also remove them to prevent people from performing 9/11-like events?

As for things I hated about the game. All the features and weapons included in the DLC, should have just been included in the original game (apart from the separate story lines, those were pretty cool). But yeah San Andreas was just too good, if they made it almost exactly like it but with improvements it would have been great. I have a little theory that what R* is doing is making GTA IV the equivalent of what GTA III was to VC and SA, meaning that they started it nice and simple (no planes, bicycles, clothing, 2 sets of weapons etc. and the most obvious setting of LC) and as they make the new games they will follow the same pattern the last trilogy did and become progressively more awesome. If this is true then it's a pretty smart marketing ploy but I just don't like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back and waiting like 4 or 5 years in between my favourite games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't they also remove them to prevent people from performing 9/11-like events?

As for things I hated about the game. All the features and weapons included in the DLC, should have just been included in the original game (apart from the separate story lines, those were pretty cool). But yeah San Andreas was just too good, if they made it almost exactly like it but with improvements it would have been great. I have a little theory that what R* is doing is making GTA IV the equivalent of what GTA III was to VC and SA, meaning that they started it nice and simple (no planes, bicycles, clothing, 2 sets of weapons etc. and the most obvious setting of LC) and as they make the new games they will follow the same pattern the last trilogy did and become progressively more awesome. If this is true then it's a pretty smart marketing ploy but I just don't like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back and waiting like 4 or 5 years in between my favourite games.

Well if people where going to do 9/11 like event then that's there own problem

• 2 weeks later...

- MOST OF ALL: The graphics on PC and the lag in high res, something to do with the textures and reflections consuming more memory when you play in high res, unlike most other games, I wouldn't lose 20fps in highest resolution. The shadows looked like crap too, they were all jagged and took up heaps of memory.

- The guns, same old stuff from the other GTA's, just a different aiming system.

- Not enough ways to get across the sky, unlike GTA SA which had places, helicopters, a jetpack and a flying vehicle cheat.